YesNoOk

MegaMan Help: Team Victories (Read 549 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, February 10, 2019, 11:16:56 am
Share this topic:
MegaMan Help: Team Victories
#1  February 10, 2019, 11:16:56 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Hi guys, it's been a while since I've talked to you. I'm planning on making another Z Emblem help thread since no one's replying to the other one, so stay tuned for that.

This was a feature that I was trying to put in, but failed. It's team victories. What do I mean by team victories? Well, let's put it this way. Let's say that you're playing as a certain character, and you pick another character that is supposed to be paired with that certain character. When you beat the opponent, your team has a unique victory unlike their normal ones.

MegaMan Zero has his own victory fanfare, but Maverick Hunter Zero also has his fanfare. If I were to play as both and beat Deathtanz Mantisk, both tunes will play at the same time, which sounds bad to the ears.

I want the team leader, either MegaMan Zero or Maverick Hunter Zero, to play 1 song that is meant for both, and that is the victory fanfare from MegaMan X8. The team mate's fanfare is off.

How can I accomplish this?
Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:17:43 am by RedDragonCats17
Re: MegaMan Help: Team Victories
#2  February 10, 2019, 01:23:14 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  February 11, 2019, 12:43:58 am
    • USA
I know what the numpartner is for, but what's the distance null and liedown for?

----
I'd hate to double post, but I really want to know.

I've read all of the links you sent me, and I know what the numpartner is for, but what about the other 2 things? What are they for?
Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:45:55 pm by Odb718
#4  February 11, 2019, 02:52:07 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
#5  February 18, 2019, 09:52:45 am
    • USA
Here's the changestate in the Victory decider:

Code:
[State 180, Simul Boss]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = var(11)
trigger1 = teammode = simul
trigger1 = numpartner = 1
trigger2 = time = 0
value = 186

And here's the pose itself:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

----

What changes should I make?
Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 01:10:38 am by RedDragonCats17
#6  February 21, 2019, 12:37:01 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The nothitby shouldn't be needed. None of your victory animations should ever have hitboxes.
Why do you have time = 0 as trigger2 to changestates? It totally bypasses trigger1.

You have multiple play sounds but you dont check each one for the IDs.

And you haven't said what does or doesn't work so how/why would I know what to change?
#7  February 21, 2019, 02:30:33 am
    • USA
It's safer to say that the changestate in the win pose decider doesn't work rather than the playsnd or NOTHING at all.

I've made the change in the changestate and switched the trigger2 to trigger1. Idk why I did trigger2 in the first place, but I've tested it and nothing changed.

Code:
[State 180, Simul Boss]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = var(11)
triggerall = teammode = simul
trigger1 = numpartner = 1
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 186

This is basically the same thing as this pose, which is for when there's 1 player defeating a boss, not 2.

Code:
[State 180, Boss]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = var(11)
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 185

At this point, I want to make changes in the code until there's a difference than before, I'll worry about the fanfare playing for just player 1 later. So, what should I do?
#8  February 21, 2019, 09:49:22 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So when testing I usually just use State 200 to change states or do random things with.
I just tested

[State 200, Fim]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = floor(0+numpartner*250)
ctrl = 1

and it jumps from state 200 to 250 if I have a partner and goes back to standing if I dont.

Change the changestate in your Statedef -1, CMD, file to switch to the 186 victory instead of State 200 for testing. Then switch it back once everything works fine.

F1 and F2 will be your friends when testing out win poses.

You could possibly need ignorehitpause in that changestate. Make sure you dont have a changestate above these two that automatically switches. Otherwise you'll never get it to show up.
#9  February 21, 2019, 10:17:29 am
    • USA
This is interesting. I tested this in simul mode using start instead, since I'm not using that button (not yet), and the pose does work. Originally the victory fanfare didn't play for MegaMan Zero, player 1, but it did play for Maverick Hunter Zero, player 3. I adjusted the playsnd states for both of them, and it did play for MegaMan Zero this time. So it does work, the thing is getting it to work on the bosses in arcade mode.

Update: Okay, I was updating the code while I was typing this. The win pose works now. How did I fix it? The it's quite similar to the commands in the CMD.

Originally, I had the state 186 at the bottom for MegaMan Zero, same goes for state 184 for Maverick Hunter Zero. I just moved it to the top, and it now works fine. While this thread is solved, I do have my doubts. I'll update you if things go awry.

----

Oh, you think you could help me out with the switchable weapons help thread? I'm also working on that.