YesNoOk

Mugen Character's AI takes over when thrown? Is this fixable? (Read 4846 times)

Started by DeleFresh, June 09, 2017, 02:30:56 am
Share this topic:
Mugen Character's AI takes over when thrown? Is this fixable?
#1  June 09, 2017, 02:30:56 am
Hi All,

hoping someone might be able to help me troubleshoot a character that's a bit buggy.  When the character is thrown, the character's AI takes over entirely.  But it appears to only be when thrown (or I guess in a thrown state).  Once the character stands up the AI is in control - although I can still move a bit in concert.

I'm not coder, but could probably fix it myself if someone could give me a tip or two on what to look for.  Also looking to learn a bit here if possible.
Re: Mugen Character's AI takes over when thrown? Is this fixable?
#2  June 12, 2017, 04:01:54 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Two things you'll want to look into. CTRL+D for debug, and the CMD file.
So turn on debug with ctrl+d and press it until it's on your character with the AI problems. So press it, move the character and see if the values change. repeat til you see it change.
Then throw the problem character and watch what values the stateno are put into. You can use the "PAUSE" button on your F1-F12 key list to see it if it changes to fast. it's up there.

Looking into the cmd file you'll want to see what STOPS the character from going into AI mode altogether. Usually there's a lot of commands similar to

[Command]
name = "AI1"
command = U,U,U,U,U,U,D, x+a
time = 1

[Command]
name = "AI2"
command = U,U,D,U,U,U,D, x+a
time = 1

at the top of a character that prevent the user from going into AI mode.

You'll also want to look in all of the changestates in the cmd. You may see a
TriggerAll = var(59) = 0
or
TriggerAll = var(59) != 0
in ALL the changestates. It's probably the variable the creator used to monitor AI activity. Try to find one that may not have the AI check.

BTW, you can use CTRL+1 or CTRL+2 to turn on or off AI at any time for P1 or P2, respectively.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv