YesNoOk

Retsu, Geki, Lee, and Joe -- and SF1 Ryu (Street Fighter Alpha style) (Read 208754 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, June 27, 2017, 06:35:26 pm
Re: SF1 Ryu and Geki in Street Fighter Alpha style
#41  June 29, 2017, 05:56:57 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
*shrug* idk

if people want to be pissed at me then that's fine, I have a wife and a job and other things to worry about. this is just one of my off days.

I understand you. Its just a hobby. But you must had to read the guild threads before posting because people here takes everything serious.
For a first attempt your geki doesn't look that bad but as the feedback said need some proportion fixes and some touches in the style. Use these feedbacks to Keep improving your style because no one born knowing everything. Maybe in a future you'll be doing free hand sprites of your own style.

To hobbyst spriter from hobbyst spriter.
And about the guild, take it easy its just guild.
#42  June 29, 2017, 09:06:14 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
I do hope you sincerely take this feedback seriously, as criticism is your best source of learning. But your opinions on paying for sprites...

lui

#43  June 29, 2017, 10:57:03 pm
    • USA
your wife would be so proud of you dissing the basis of people working for money to make the very videogames you play.

what a winner. she chose a good man. truly a real man.
#44  June 29, 2017, 11:54:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
your wife would be so proud of you dissing the basis of people working for money to make the very videogames you play.

no, but he is a real man that gets pussy, he does not play videogames like you virgins.
#45  June 30, 2017, 01:26:33 am
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com

lui

#46  June 30, 2017, 01:35:29 am
    • USA
nah dude, you don't get it either. mugen is a hobby, yes and should always be free, but spriting is a legit workfield.

there are studios that hire pixel artists to work on professional games, such as literally every 90's arcade games that use sprites and companies that still make 2d games. remember skullgirls? yeah the people who made those sprites made those idk, in a proffesional studio. remember king of fighters xiii? remember literally every 2d fighting game? yeah, those people who made sprites are paid for it. some of the members here on guild get paid for their sprites as freelancers who have done work in actual games and use that money for college, rent, family, etc.

the fact that a "family man" like silent j dissed all of that makes him a complete and utter asshole and that is what we are mocking him for since he thinks he's above people who do make money off of spriting. it's a scummy thing to do and I hope his son never grows up with that kind of mentality like him. it's such a toxic thing to say.

not only will he never improve in his art with his kind of personality, he will always be regarded as shithead too.
Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:41:39 am by Walruslui
#47  June 30, 2017, 01:45:23 am
  • Niigasan
Walrus man, I get worked up sometimes here, but you go overboard.

lui

#48  June 30, 2017, 01:51:16 am
    • USA
no. that wasn't overboard. he dissed literally the entirety of people making money off of pixel spriting to yknow, live their lives properly just because he couldn't take it when someone criticized his geki sprite. I call that being a shithead.
#49  June 30, 2017, 02:01:35 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol at people getting worked up over sprites. All I said was people take that shit too seriously and it started a shit storm. *shrug*
#50  June 30, 2017, 02:02:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Walrus man, I get worked up sometimes here, but you go overboard.
Considering the circumstances, Walruslui is being really level-headed. Silent J said some shitty things, and Walruslui is speaking from experience.

And bringing up the wife bit on Silent J's part is such a cop-out. It has nothing to do with anything, and it looks like an attempt at saying "you're a loser, I have a LIFE outside of MUGEN." Newsflash, everyone does.
Re: Shit storm 2017
#51  June 30, 2017, 02:09:44 am
  • Niigasan
The only thing he really said was that I dont get why people pay for sprites or some shit like that which I admit is kinda dumb lol cuz I've paid for sprites and plenty people have, but if its not true, why get soooo worked up about it.
#52  June 30, 2017, 02:23:30 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Again, cause the people that do get worked up do it as a profession.
#53  June 30, 2017, 02:41:43 am
  • Niigasan
Still shouldn't take the opinion of 1 person and get riled up over it. He's been laughing while everybody else got they panties in a bunch.
#54  June 30, 2017, 02:50:33 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Still shouldn't take the opinion of 1 person and get riled up over it. He's been laughing while everybody else got they panties in a bunch.

Kinda of a shit opinion tbh, but aiight.
#55  June 30, 2017, 02:53:03 am

silthreent j has said so much unbelievably stupid shit in this thread alone that you shouldn't need to make personal attacks like this. he gave you plenty of material. be the better person
#56  June 30, 2017, 05:01:17 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks to those of you who didn't get the panties in bunch lol

Will post more of Ryu soon
#57  June 30, 2017, 11:43:40 am
i got to say that i really dislike how you're playing the "i have a wife" and "you're virgins" cards when you got confronted with the bullshit you said.
so what if you have a wife? doe that automatically grant you the right to belittle other people's lively hood? there are people out there who probably feed their wives from art commissions just like you're feeding yours from whatever work you do.
it seems like you're using her as a shield here because you have no grounds to stand on and argue back. which makes you pretty spineless tbh.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#58  June 30, 2017, 02:07:13 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
This thread came just in time with my box of Krispy Kreme.

So tell us again how sprites shouldn't be taken seriously in this forum.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#59  June 30, 2017, 05:51:54 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ok well here are my serious sprites that I took seriously. Added something to one of the punch frames and added another animation to the middle kick:

#60  June 30, 2017, 06:27:23 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Ok well here are my serious sprites that I took seriously.
What's the point of this passive aggressive bullshit? You could have simply posted your sprites and folks would give you proper feedback, there's no reason to keep going with this.

Lasagna