YesNoOk

ShinSmoke's PotS Ryu Edit Updated (4/5/2017) (Read 68489 times)

Started by ShinSmoke, February 03, 2017, 06:41:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: ShinSmoke's PotS Ryu Edit Updated (2/8/2017)
#21  February 09, 2017, 08:24:50 am
    • USA
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/shinsmoke?feature=mhee
#22  February 09, 2017, 09:42:28 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Solid. Couldn´t find any flaws. Good.
#23  February 09, 2017, 11:45:05 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Dunno how I missed this release. Great edit all around.
#24  February 10, 2017, 12:52:10 am
    • USA
#25  February 10, 2017, 12:52:35 am
    • USA
#26  February 19, 2017, 05:45:49 am
    • USA
Hey folks my PotS Ryu edit has been updated.

2/18/17 Update:
1. Added his Hanagashi move from USFIV for his Normal & Master modes. Adapted from Mr.Ansatsuken's P.O.T.S Ryu. Command is QCB + P.
2. Added his Shin Messatsu Gou Shoryu from SSFIV:AE. Adapted from Ahuron's IronFist Ryu & Victorys Evil Ryu. Command is QCF2x + 2K. (Evil & Master modes only.)
3. Fixed the missing after images for his Aerial Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku & evil transformation.
4. AI uses the new moves.

Redownload please. :)
Re: ShinSmoke's PotS Ryu Edit Updated (2/18/2017)
#27  February 26, 2017, 11:28:31 pm
    • Germany
Oh, I ´ve missed that update.

Some very quick feedback...

- you should add that Hanagashi into Tesshin or Isshin cost power
 - Hanagashi without parrying anything should not gain power... only after a successful parry

Will test further.
#28  February 27, 2017, 06:39:57 am
    • USA
Oh, I ´ve missed that update.

Some very quick feedback...

- you should add that Hanagashi into Tesshin or Isshin cost power
 - Hanagashi without parrying anything should not gain power... only after a successful parry

Will test further.

Umm Hanagashi into Tesshin or Isshin does consume super gauge just like how ex moves do. You're not going to see that in practice mode cause the super gauge is unlimited on practice mode. I'll patch the Hanagashi move not to give power unless he parries an attack with it.
#29  February 27, 2017, 07:10:50 am
    • Germany
I meant to add the power cost in the readme...
Sorry.

Feedback...

- Shin Messatsu Gou Shouryuu should k.o. p2 on the last hit
 - change the Hanagashi command to F + c+z like in the source game... It´s a parry and a "throwback" to SF III, so IMO it should be a Forward command
Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 07:11:49 pm by Staubhold
#30  March 01, 2017, 03:37:23 am
    • USA
Hey folks my PotS Ryu edit has been updated once more.

2/28/17 Update:
1. Hanagashi no longer builds meter unless a successful parry is done.
2. You can now roll forward/backward during a successful parry while using Hanagashi.
3. Tweaked his Shin Messatsu Gou Shoryu.

Redownload please. :)
Re: ShinSmoke's PotS Ryu Edit Updated (2/28/2017)
#31  March 01, 2017, 03:58:29 am
    • USA
I meant to add the power cost in the readme...
Sorry.

Feedback...

- Shin Messatsu Gou Shouryuu should k.o. p2 on the last hit
 - change the Hanagashi command to F + c+z like in the source game... It´s a parry and a "throwback" to SF III, so IMO it should be a Forward command

Ummm what if the rest of the Shin Messatsu Gou Shoryuu misses the enemy depending on how he or she is getting juggled by it. The enemy will be left with no health but still alive.
Having the source command for the Hanagashi can interfere with activating custom combo according to my experience when I first added the Hanagashi to this edit. In the heat of a intense battle custom combo came out more than Hanagashi did. That source command gave me losses in Mugen matches to be honest.
#32  March 01, 2017, 08:27:23 pm
    • Germany
Ummm what if the rest of the Shin Messatsu Gou Shoryuu misses the enemy depending on how he or she is getting juggled by it. The enemy will be left with no health but still alive.

Yeah, you´re right, that´s my only gripe.

Having the source command for the Hanagashi can interfere with activating custom combo according to my experience when I first added the Hanagashi to this edit. In the heat of a intense battle custom combo came out more than Hanagashi did. That source command gave me losses in Mugen matches to be honest.

Understandably, but a forward command is common for a parry and the CC messing with the parry is ok IMO. A parry should never be to easy to perform.
I definitely would prefer the source command.

How about adding UMVC3 Ren Hadoken & Baku Hadoken to the master mode? Just a thought...
#33  March 01, 2017, 10:22:38 pm
    • USA
Yeah, you´re right, that´s my only gripe.

I wouldn't mind it only killing the enemy on the last hit however in certain situations in a match depending on how the enemy is hit by it is my main concern. Like for example say you're a bit far away from p2 & he or she is down to almost no health left. He or she throws a punch that can reach you from where you're at but you reverse that attack with the Shin Messatsu Gou Shoryuu but managed to land only the first hit while the rest of the it misses.

Understandably, but a forward command is common for a parry and the CC messing with the parry is ok IMO. A parry should never be to easy to perform.
I definitely would prefer the source command.
How about adding UMVC3 Ren Hadoken & Baku Hadoken to the master mode? Just a thought...

I feel you bro however the source command for moves can be an issue in Mugen with characters that have a lot of moves. I'll think about it ok. Ummm I never played UMVC3 so I wouldn't know about those extra Hadouken moves that Ryu has. Plus I never liked MVC3 either due to it's play style & button layout.
#34  March 01, 2017, 11:20:40 pm
    • Germany
Ummm I never played UMVC3 so I wouldn't know about those extra Hadouken moves that Ryu has.

Ren Hadoken - Ryu can rapid fire up to 5 short range projectiles.

Baku Hadoken - a charged Ren Hadoken that vanishes from sight, reappearing a split second in front of the opponent, and promptly detonates with explosive force. Causes wall bounce but has a slow startup.

You can see the moves at about 2:30 minutes in the vid below.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Plus I never liked MVC3 either due to it's play style & button layout.

Same... I just like the idea of "new" Hadokens for Ryu and it would fit the master mode.

More info. http://static.capcom.com/umvc3/manuals/04ZD_Ryu.pdf

EDIT:

I tried it but couldn´t get it to work...
Hanagashi should work against projectiles too.

Maybe you could add the Jodan Nirengeki & Jodan Sanrengeki target combos from SF V? Just realized Ryu had the exact target combos in his USFIV: Omega mode.
Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:57:22 pm by Staubhold
#35  March 04, 2017, 09:18:59 am
    • USA
I tried it but couldn´t get it to work...
Hanagashi should work against projectiles too.

Maybe you could add the Jodan Nirengeki & Jodan Sanrengeki target combos from SF V? Just realized Ryu had the exact target combos in his USFIV: Omega mode.

Hmmmmm I first thought of that for the Hanagashi but I then I thought he already has the SFIII parry mechanism for that. I don't know I'll think about it. As for the target combos from USFIV: Omega mode I wasn't planning on adding that to him. Also I'm not familiar with it either cause I only got to play USFIV twice & that was during the time Omega mode was first introduced to the game.
#36  March 04, 2017, 04:22:20 pm
    • Germany
You can see both target combos in USFV Omega at about 0:12 minutes in the vid...

...and at 2:50 minutes in SFV

You could even add the new animtion for the HK in the SFV combo from Memos CVTW2 Ryu

Like I said, just a suggestion.  Really enjoy your update on PotS Ryu.
#37  March 05, 2017, 08:36:28 am
    • USA
Been updating & so far I tweaked the Hangashi move to fully work with the source command F + c + z. Sadly I couldn't get it to work well against multi hitting projectiles since it leaves him wide open after he finishes parrying only the first hit of it. And I mean wide open as in no chance to block or anything. Also it doesn't even weaken multi hitting projectiles either. I tested this against Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken & his Shinkuu Hadouken was still five hits. The first hit of his Shinkuu Hadouken was parried multiple times while still in his parry animation. This is one reason why I only made the Hangashi move work against non projectile attacks cause I couldn't work my way around it when coding the move. Sorry I don't know how to code counter based attacks that involves destroying projectiles on contact.
#38  March 05, 2017, 04:00:58 pm
    • Germany
Nice that you tried.

I´m pleased if the Hanagashi can parry normal projectiles and I don´t think it should parry super projectiles.

Keep up the good work.
#39  March 06, 2017, 01:51:34 am
    • USA
Nice that you tried.

I´m pleased if the Hanagashi can parry normal projectiles and I don´t think it should parry super projectiles.

Keep up the good work.

Normal projectiles that are multi hit is what I have a problem with when it comes to the Hanagashi code. The multi hit projectile doesn't get weaken from Hanagashi let alone reduce the hits to it. I tested it against PotS Shin Gouki's HP version of his Shakunetsu Hadouken. After it was parried by Hanagashi Gouki's Shakunetsu Hadouken was still a 3 hitter. However against a normal projectile that's only 1 hit it works fine though. I wouldn't know what trigger code to use to make it weaken a multi hit projectile after a successful parry. I'm not familiar with every trigger code in Mugen especially ones that involve weakening or destroying projectiles. Which is why I still consider making the Hanagashi move parry non projectile moves only. Unless I was given help on how to make it work against projectiles 100% then I'll change my mind. As for right now I'm just going to give up on trying to make it work against projectiles since my coding skills suck in that department.
#40  March 06, 2017, 10:46:27 pm
    • Germany
Sorry, can´t help you with that.  :sadgoi:

EDIT:

Just found out...

- Normal Ryu Shinkuu Hadou Ken & Evil Ryus version both miss p2 up close and in the corner of the stage...
Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:50:23 pm by Staubhold