Re: Strider Hiryu
#61  November 17, 2017, 07:47:25 pm
great update and thanks,  as for Sodom, I think its Varo_Hades's Sodom
#62  November 17, 2017, 08:50:40 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
great update and thanks,  as for Sodom, I think its Varo_Hades's Sodom

Yeah, it is. It also might be disqualifying considering it's his command grab, but I still thought it was worth mentioning again since it came up again.
#63  November 18, 2017, 06:02:11 pm
    • Canada
-Misc dmg tweaks
-Ground normals now have different properties based on whether he chained into them or not(will probably do the same for Psylocke soon)
- I'll assume that characters that can normal chain can now do around the same air normal damage as characters without normal chaining?
- So a chained normal:
   - Will do less damage:
      Medium: 14 less
      Heavy: 28 less
   - Give less meter
   - Have less knockback (Sometimes?)
Is that right?
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects

DW

#64  November 18, 2017, 08:41:10 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's more of a "at your discretion" sort of thing. I felt this was something Hiryu should have, as with all chars taken from the Marvel vs series of games. I'll probably never make another Marvel char(at least not in this format), though if I did, I'd apply these new changes to them. I didn't have any predetermined formula when making these changes, it just turned out that way. :P In terms of the dmg mitigation between chained and performed raw.

The hitvels were reduced in some attacks, so that chaining would be more reliable, yes. I don't plan to do this for Morrigan or Lilith however, because they are fine as is. Though I do need to tweak their close med/heavy normals to do less dmg than the far variants. That was just an oversight on my part. Hiryu is meant to be a faster, stronger char like Akuma, though I was too restricting on his dmg output initially. The variation on normals was something I had thought of recently, so that chars like this would be able to cause good dmg. While not going crazy with chains. That's the main thing to keep in mind.

The air attacks, yeah, they're fine causing raw dmg. It's only the normals that chain that need splitting. I have faith in you that you can handle it as you see fit.
#65  November 19, 2017, 06:12:28 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Got more some more palettes done.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty