YesNoOk

SUPERMAN (Read 95979 times)

Started by prospectone, December 30, 2015, 03:46:04 am
Share this topic:
SUPERMAN
#1  December 30, 2015, 03:46:04 am
Hey guys I wanted share this edit. It's Superman from DC Comics. It was originally edited by anthonyp21 and I added a few little things to make it actually feel like you're the man of steel. He is a little powerful but hey he is Superman lol. Also this char isn't mine, it was created by Hannibal/Kal-Elvis and Tumatae, then edited by anthonyp21 and myself. Enjoy

Added:
- AI tweaked
- 2 Super armors (light armor, heavy armor activates when life gets low to give that "not holding back" feel)
- Kryptonite weakness (chars like batman, lex etc that uses it makes life drop critically low)
- Magic Vulnerability (all DC and Marvel chars that use magic make life drop but not as low as Kryptonite)
- Injustice Sound Patch
- No block damage

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5szpp4gyay5cgp6/Kal-el.rar

As you can tell Im an obvious Superman fan lol. Hope you guys like it! (videos below)

Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 11:39:24 pm by prospectone
Re: SUPERMAN for the holidays
#2  January 06, 2016, 10:46:32 pm
    • Canada
    • samuraisarcasm@gmail.com
This is so ridiculously overpowered. ...I mean I get that being overpowered was half of the point of this release, but it would help to at least try to make a more balanced version (such as removing the Kryptonite weakness and energy regen, or not making Kryptonian Crush the most powerful thing since Omega Tom Hanks).
Again, in an alternate version. The OP version should stay as its own thing.
#3  January 07, 2016, 05:16:26 pm
Looks interesting. This may make a cool end boss especially in 2v1 taking on an over powered superman.
#4  January 22, 2016, 03:13:03 am
Minor Update
- Slowed down power bar regeneration
- He can now take damage with final armor activated
- Even stronger AI

Superman is little more balanced so his weaknesses can be exploited. Also I added a little palette roster each with different characteristics.
This is what it looks like:

pal1 = 52 # 1.act                    ; New 52 palette                              \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
pal2 = JusticeLord.act               ; Justice Lord Superman
pal3 = obama.act                     ; Val-Zod (Black Superman)                     ;PALETTES 1-6 all have their weaknesses
pal4 = supermanearth23.act           ; President Superman                           to KRYPTONITE and MAGIC (DC and Marvel Chars only)
pal5 = sinestro.act                  ; Sinestro Corps Injustice Superman             
pal6 = redsonurss.act                ; Red Son Superman                             //////////////////////////////////////////////
pal7 = bizarro.act                   ; Bizarro palette \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
pal8 = divine.act                    ; God of Strength Superman (Darkseid Wars)      PALETTES 7, 8, 9  Gameplay is unpredictable, more violent and weak to magic. Palette 8 is immune to krytonite
pal9 = DarkSide.act                  ; Brutaal (Evil Superman) //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
pal10 = kingdomcome.act              ; Kingdom Come (Older Superman)                ; This is "OLD" Superman which makes him naturally stronger (only weak to magic, choose opponet carefully)
pal11 = Prime.act                    ; Superman Prime (Black suit)                  ; This is Superboy Prime all grown up. Very powerful and semi-cheap (Almost unstoppable; no weaknesses)
pal12 = new Superman prime pal.act   ; Superman Prime One Million (Golden Superman) ; SUPER CHEAP, anti-cheap, no weaknesses can fight any cheap char you wish to battle

LINK HAS BEEN UPATED
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:20:18 am by prospectone
Re: SUPERMAN
#5  January 27, 2016, 10:12:43 am
  • Banned for being a duck.
That screenpack of yours, it's good. Can I have the link of it? Aswell as the character, it's good. I'm a superman fan too.
I have found a flaw in your argument, so kindly shut the fuck up.
#6  January 27, 2016, 10:32:54 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
#7  January 28, 2016, 07:12:23 pm
#8  January 30, 2016, 08:18:37 pm
#9  January 30, 2016, 08:34:43 pm
    • USA
    • hamalto1990@yahoo.com
sorry but ur superman prime one million no match for my edited beerus

Isn't this your Vegeta?
[youtube]R1GstRqORvU[/youtube]

lol all he did  is add life,  def, and attack to superman

life=1200
attack=235
defence=400

it was orginally
life=1000
attack=100
defence=100

plus without ur armour that actatvates at 50 percent hp. He would lose even if his at 1000 defence and attack.

Its not about mugen characters, you just want to go on flame wars about superman vs dbz, which won't prove anything.
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:00:44 pm by coldskin1
#10  January 31, 2016, 02:01:05 am

Isn't this your Vegeta?

life=1200
attack=235
defence=400

it was orginally
life=1000
attack=100
defence=100

plus without ur armour that actatvates at 50 percent hp. He would lose even if his at 1000 defence and attack.

Its not about mugen characters, you just want to go on flame wars about superman vs dbz, which won't prove anything.

1) No His update has normal stats 1000 hp 100 attack and defense. Vegeta still loses
2) Flame war? Wrong again you started the whole thing with your random videos with my edit fighting your edit and all this unnecessary low balling of Superman no one asked for.
3) You say he would lose without his armor right? Well I hate to bust your bubble but all you've done to your edits was made them cheap by moving alot faster than normal. Anyone could have done that so you barely even changed anything.
4) Besides the back and fourth on a serious note you should consider making a ssgss palette for him or do you need help that?
Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:07:59 am by prospectone
#11  January 31, 2016, 06:00:36 am
    • USA
    • hamalto1990@yahoo.com

Isn't this your Vegeta?

life=1200
attack=235
defence=400

it was orginally
life=1000
attack=100
defence=100

1) No His update has normal stats 1000 hp 100 attack and defense. Vegeta still loses
2) Flame war? Wrong again you started the whole thing with your random videos with my edit fighting your edit and all this unnecessary low balling of Superman no one asked for.
3) You say he would lose without his armor right? Well I hate to bust your bubble but all you've done to your edits was made them cheap by moving alot faster than normal. Anyone could have done that so you barely even changed anything.
4) Besides the back and fourth on a serious note you should consider making a ssgss palette for him or do you need help that?

nope

my vegeta beat ur black suit superman prime
all u did is put on armour  that activates 50 percent to 100 Percent hp depending on the palette

in the other video the user edit ur stats
too
life=1200
attack=235
defence=400
and is an older version of superman with no  prime
this is his link
"https://onedrive.live.com/?id=736DD2D4A765B3E5%21164&cid=736DD2D4A765B3E5"

"low balling of Superman no one asked for?"
I already know of superman prime one million. and posted his feats and debunks in the description which has nothing to do with this your character being bad
nor was it posted on this site

Learn what a flame war is your the one who started bringing up personal remarks.
"Well I hate to bust your bubble but all you've done to your edits was made them cheap by moving alot faster than normal. Anyone could have done that so you barely even changed anything."
Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:21:28 am by coldskin1
#12  January 31, 2016, 07:56:24 am

Isn't this your Vegeta?

life=1200
attack=235
defence=400

it was orginally
life=1000
attack=100
defence=100

nope

my vegeta beat ur black suit superman prime
all u did is put on armour  that activates 50 percent to 100 Percent hp depending on the palette

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSmjtvouu0[/youtube]

in the other video the user edit ur stats
too
life=1200
attack=235
defence=400
and is an older version of superman with no  prime
this is his link
"https://onedrive.live.com/?id=736DD2D4A765B3E5%21164&cid=736DD2D4A765B3E5"

"low balling of Superman no one asked for?"
I already know of superman prime one million. and posted his feats and debunks in the description which has nothing to do with this your character being bad
nor was it posted on this site

Learn what a flame war is your the one who started bringing up personal remarks.
"Well I hate to bust your bubble but all you've done to your edits was made them cheap by moving alot faster than normal. Anyone could have done that so you barely even changed anything."

Your not listening and we're just going in circles. You never answered my question 4)
#13  January 31, 2016, 08:02:03 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
lol why you imbe- guys bother to comment this since you guys find out this cheap tier

just dont download it you can always ignore that
#14  January 31, 2016, 08:12:48 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#15  January 31, 2016, 10:33:16 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Are these kids seriously arguing about whose Mugen character edit would win?

Because I could literally make a character with no hurtboxes and have it use a full screen 9999 damage unblockable attack all the time and it would beat them both

And it would take me zero effort to do
#16  January 31, 2016, 11:00:13 am
  • I must continue my training...

Because I could literally make a character with no hurtboxes and have it use a full screen 9999 damage unblockable attack all the time and it would beat them both

Heh...when you do it, be sure to use KFM as a base. Better yet use Alexlexus' Gouken. Only the best will do...   :steal:

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#17  January 31, 2016, 05:06:12 pm
    • USA
    • hamalto1990@yahoo.com

Vegeta had nothing to do with this it was beerus lol
Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:16:09 pm by coldskin1
#18  January 31, 2016, 06:16:23 pm
Tried this edit of Superman yesterday---VERY good stuff.  it'd be funny if the Returns palettes allowed him to block projectiles with his face.....anyway, ever considered doing this sort of thing for the classic Superman Remix? 
#19  January 31, 2016, 10:14:53 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

Vegeta had nothing to do with this it was beerus lol

Irrelevant. Does not disprove my point.
#20  February 01, 2016, 07:49:58 am
Tried this edit of Superman yesterday---VERY good stuff.  it'd be funny if the Returns palettes allowed him to block projectiles with his face.....anyway, ever considered doing this sort of thing for the classic Superman Remix? 

Thats an interesting and funny idea. You just might be on to something lol
As for the Classic version I was thinking about adding a few old elements like taking his super scream and edit it into his new move the super flare. And maybe even an edit of his solar shield and call it sun-dip where he flies to the sun for a temporary invincible mode
#21  February 01, 2016, 08:07:55 am
Irrelevant. Does not disprove my point.

Very true. This is a display of the updated link. All default stats
Bug fixed that made dark/bizarro mode fall to the ground after using freeze breath grab.
They also use their super quake (hyper driller) move when at level 3

(Val-Zod from earth 2 palette)
#22  February 01, 2016, 03:18:24 pm

As for the Classic version I was thinking about adding a few old elements like taking his super scream and edit it into his new move the super flare. And maybe even an edit of his solar shield and call it sun-dip where he flies to the sun for a temporary invincible mode

Sun Dip......I could definitely see that working.  Hell, have him fly through a BLUE sun and give him a ten-second invicibility charge, where all his moves do double-damage!  8)
#23  February 02, 2016, 08:52:31 am

Sun Dip......I could definitely see that working.  Hell, have him fly through a BLUE sun and give him a ten-second invicibility charge, where all his moves do double-damage!  8)

Blue Sun!? :msurprised: Hmmm great idea. I didnt think of that one :thinking2:
SUPERMAN and SURPRISE!
#24  February 05, 2016, 12:43:17 pm
Small Update:
- Sinestro Corps Superman now has lantern power aura around him just like Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, etc
- Added a green lantern Superman so there's more than one lantern Superman to choose from
- Lantern palettes power bar DO NOT regenerate  (thought I'd stick to the lantern charging logic like the other chars)
- Sinestro Corps feed on fear and since he has to charge his own power he taunts alot to build up his power. I think his taunt is pretty intimidating and should draw fear
- Hercules has been added to the magic weakness list
- Superman Prime One Million palette actually glows now which is pretty cool when hes beating down cheapies.

Also much thanks for the palettes from yunnin , yolomate

Whats left:
- light construct special   :thinking2: All help and ideas are welcomed!

And last but not least:
Red daughter of Krypton

Guy Gardner is training the young yet powerful rookie for the Red Lantern CorpsSTAY TUNED!!
Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:01:51 pm by prospectone
#25  February 05, 2016, 03:22:39 pm
So there's a Kara Zor-El for M.U.G.E.N? 

Red Daughter of Krypton is good, but I'd definitely like an unmodified KZE Supergirl on my roster....or at least, one with the prospectone touch, giving her the vulnerabilities and strengths of her cousin. 

Definitely liking this thread..... 
Re: SUPERMAN and SURPRISE!
#26  February 06, 2016, 02:46:35 am

Red Daughter of Krypton is good, but I'd definitely like an unmodified KZE Supergirl on my roster....or at least, one with the prospectone touch, giving her the vulnerabilities and strengths of her cousin. 

:sneaky: Dont worry you will..
#27  February 06, 2016, 06:10:32 am
    • USA
    • hamalto1990@yahoo.com

ur superman prime can still be killed by certain attacks and attack over 1 million.

but if u put in

[State 0, SSJ_DefenceMulSet_simulate]
type = LifeAdd
triggerall = life > 1
triggerall = pal= 12
trigger1 = 1
value= 10000*fvar(8)
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2, Combo]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
fvar(8) = (GetHitVar(damage))
ignorehitpause = 1

u will gain life instant against most attacks

#28  February 07, 2016, 05:36:28 am
 :thumbsup:

ur superman prime can still be killed by certain attacks and attack over 1 million.

but if u put in

[State 0, SSJ_DefenceMulSet_simulate]
type = LifeAdd
triggerall = life > 1
triggerall = pal= 12
trigger1 = 1
value= 10000*fvar(8)
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2, Combo]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
fvar(8) = (GetHitVar(damage))
ignorehitpause = 1

u will gain life instant against most attacks

thanks

but you forgot to input "palno = 12" then it will work  :thumbsup:
#29  February 09, 2016, 11:44:33 pm
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:21:04 am by prospectone
#30  February 10, 2016, 12:10:57 am
Lol that Vegeta is a prime example how not to code a char.
Im gonna wait till you finish this guy to test him out, good luck.
#31  February 15, 2016, 11:19:50 am
Seems great so far and gets better with each update. On the negative side though it has very basic hit sparks when attacking with basic punches etc which looks kinda lame.
#32  March 08, 2016, 04:30:48 am
  • No time to waste
    • Argentina
    • http://lovinallgames.blogspot.com
Well... it's nice to see someone picking up an iconic char like Superman to edit. It was never a big deal and its AI sucked pretty much.
I find interesting that you're adding new features with every new update. Makes it a complete char overall. Even though it lacks a few things and some of them should be either taken out or modified.
I will post some of my impressions on it and what can be improved to make it a bit better of what it already is.

AI
You did a good job here. He does use every ability and specials you gave him. Good.
Now... some powers are even more powerful than what the opponent can withstand. We know Superman is one of the most powerful heroes in the comic universe, but he does have limits (even though as many comic authors said "he is as strong as he needs to be"). There's no need for his powers to deal so much damage. I put him face to face against Boyboyz's Broly (even in normal mode Broly is OP as hell) and Superman wiped the floor with him. We know he's powerful... but it's a bit too much.
Your supers and hyper are quite abusive (specially his hyper). Maybe you can adjust it for it to do like 3/4 damage instead of a whole energy bar. Btw: when using Bizzarro mode, his D, F + PP he falls to the floor (quite hilarious if you ask me, but I don't think that is the way it's supposed to work, isn't it?).
Overall, pretty good... but some adjustments in terms of damage wouldn't be bad.

Solar armor and 'constantly absorbing solar energy'
I think you should put weak and heavy armor as a special move and not a stance. Why? It makes Superman indestructible. He does have some serious stamina and endurance, but even if he has to face a tough opponent, he can feel the pressure sometimes (not every opponent is Doomsday, but there are some serious rivals out there too). These assumptions are based on a 'comic universe', but this is not the case unfortunately. The rest are supposed to cause damage on him too. Otherwise, you fall in the 'cheap' category. And as far as I can tell, that is not your purpose.
If you don't think that making it an ability is useful, you can put it as a 'special stance' when he drops under 50% energy on the second round. And even in that case, you can adjust it to be credible (you can take Shao Kahn's example, made by Mike Obrecht).
His 'solar absorption' is way OP If you keep a good AI as you're doing, there's no need for this. Again: Why? It makes him advantageous over every other character and he's using supers one after the other. Completely unnecessary. I think you're doing a good job with his AI and his specials, so making him recharge all the time is not needed. He gets to build it pretty fast as long as he keeps beating.

Suits and their differences
I really like the fact that you put a lot of variants under the same char. That's something used on a handful of characters before (I can only think of Green Lantern... if there's any other out there, I don't remember it). Still (and again), they're somehow a bit OP. I guess that if you regulate damage a bit on them, you can notice the changes you are willing to put and it adds some more strategy to suits usage and make them more useful.
These are some things I noticed that maybe you can use to improve it on future updates:

- Bizzarro stance should have its "S" on the chest backwards as he is Superman's counterpart and it's exactly the opposite.

- Same goes for Bizzarro powers. Heat vision becomes Ice vision and Ice breath becomes Heat breath.

- His "cheap" suit (start + strong punch) is a surplus. It shouldn't be there. What you might try to do is to put it as a separate def file in which to select it that way like a 'Boss mode' or something. It kinda ruins the rest of the suits and your good ideas with them.

Nothing else big to notice. Just check the hitboxes a bit since, sometimes Superman hits the opponent from places the enemy is not supposed to be. I saw him beating guys through the ground or in the back even though the enemy was blocking the attack.
That's pretty much it when it comes to the character itself.
As for the rest, I can see you're putting a lot of effort and dedication on it. Still, you need some improvement here. But I have no doubt you will make it even better.
Hope I helped with my 'analysis'. I'm not good when it comes to check technical features or edition. I wish I could, but I suck at it. Unfortunately, I'm not talented.
And please, don't think I'm telling you all this because I don't like your job. Totally the opposite: I really like it. I only provide details that might be useful to make Superman the character he needs to be.

Cheers and thanks for sharing it!
Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:37:57 am by Arkillo1985
#33  March 08, 2016, 11:41:00 am
Hey guys Im revamping the blocking system to use different guards depending on if the attack is light, heavy, multi-hit(combo) attacks.
Im also adding a new move im still working on called Man of Steel. He uses his invulnerability to deflect projectiles and randomly says "Quit while you can"
Preview:

Man of Steel = only the cpu can use it right now. im still working on the button commands but his ai uses it

Beta is updated to old link
Also check out anthonyp21 upcoming updates that will be added as soon as they're released.
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t7605-superman-new52-update
Stay tuned!
Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:13:01 am by prospectone
#34  June 19, 2016, 03:38:04 am
Thanks to the amazing update release by MDS_GEIST/desertstorm1909 and permission, my edit has been merged with his update and now has ai. The ai is not biased to just his new moves. He uses the new with the old so hes able to fight different each round or fight. Warning: hes very powerful with these moves now
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5szpp4gyay5cgp6/Kal-el.rar

For info on the original release. Go to http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/superman-new52-release-174258.msg2249537.html#msg2249537

#35  May 20, 2018, 08:24:25 am
Hey guys just a simple little update to a dead thread. I found an edit of MDS_GEIST's version of Superman done by barbatos on a Chinese mugen site. He made the hand clap taunt into an actual move, and a devastating move that I'm sure alot of people wanted to see. He also made his own AI that makes him terribly overpowered but fun to watch. And one more thing its watch mode only.(auto ai)Sorry.

All I did was combine all my edits and one of his moves(dodge) from his other Superman edit and tweaked the animation. He basically dodges everything. I call it Torquasm Rao. http://dccomicsfannon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Torquasm_Rao

SUPER FLARE

PS: MDS_GEIST it looks like everything was fixed in this update
#36  May 20, 2018, 09:12:28 pm
  • No time to waste
    • Argentina
    • http://lovinallgames.blogspot.com
Good to see Superman's not dead yet.
Will be waiting for some more balanced version tho. Big fan of comic characters, but not really that much about "invincible final boss" ones.
Maybe you'll look at the notes I left above and use them to make it better ;) (I know you will for sure someday).

Thanks for making this being still alive.
#37  June 06, 2018, 02:23:00 am
Good to see Superman's not dead yet.
Will be waiting for some more balanced version tho. Big fan of comic characters, but not really that much about "invincible final boss" ones.
Maybe you'll look at the notes I left above and use them to make it better ;) (I know you will for sure someday).

Thanks for making this being still alive.

I agree

I like the added movesets but I guess I need to tweak the damages
#38  August 17, 2018, 03:32:20 am
Supes has been updated and nerfed.
Just like in the comics, he now holds back(a little lol). He only uses Torquasm Rao/Vo move when life drops to 30%.
If you like him the way he was originally then don't update. But remember you can always use his stronger palettes
Enjoy. :)

Final update merge coming soon. I will make weaker AI along with a Boss AI that many of you requested yea I'm listening Arkillo lol
#39  August 17, 2018, 09:27:39 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Monster AI.