YesNoOk

Teen Gohan Z2i (Read 167326 times)

Started by A.C.I.D, July 02, 2016, 05:39:59 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Teen Gohan Z2i
#61  March 30, 2017, 06:33:16 pm
Tweaked around the anims and It worked, thanks for the help
It's fine, I'll just add EB extras like korin or dende, killing bojack, killing Cell jr.s just to have some sort of variation. Since when I code him hearing the same exact voices can be maddening.

New intro

Donuts
#62  March 30, 2017, 06:49:20 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
ouch!!! it would be even better if u had some guts in his hands!! but regardless...BRAVO!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#63  April 02, 2017, 01:16:03 am

Medium has less precise blocking and less dashes to close the gap also slower to react on combos. Easy will be even more so. I also set mine on medium for testing while the default is using hard8 so Goku uses that AI level.

DJ_HANNIBALROYCE, Thanks. Lmao this ain't MK though.

Regarding the Goku Black Edit
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Donuts
#64  April 02, 2017, 10:06:21 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Your Gohan is looking pretty good. Especially for an imitation.
#65  April 05, 2017, 05:17:58 pm
Your Gohan is looking pretty good. Especially for an imitation.
Thanks

New winpose when match is over

Soaring Dragon Strike
D,F,D,F,k - 1 bar
-Can be charged by holding the hard kick(adds stun)
-Teleport Assist when in Last Stand mode(can be disabled in the config)
Donuts
Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 07:16:49 am by A.C.I.D
#66  April 06, 2017, 07:17:23 am
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
I love that TV-Winpose xD
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#67  April 07, 2017, 07:58:01 am
Donuts
Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:31:00 am by A.C.I.D

lui

#68  April 07, 2017, 10:16:32 am
    • USA
yo that's awesome as hell but imo that's way too long for a level 1. that seems like atleast a level 2 or even a finisher if tuned up right. not a level 1 though.
Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:40:44 am by Walruslui
#69  April 07, 2017, 11:34:51 am
yo that's awesome as hell but imo that's way too long for a level 1. that seems like atleast a level 2 or even a finisher if tuned up right. not a level 1 though.

Thanks, I was just thinking that, it seems to drag on

Maybe

lvl1 - masenko, soaring dragon strike, replace maretsugeki w/"spirit slash/evil whirlwind"
lvl2 - Chou Maretsugeki(lvl1,2,3 depending on the special mode), Kamehameha
lvl3 - Ultimate Kamehameha(variant Father son when in special mode)
Donuts
Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:54:51 am by A.C.I.D
#70  April 08, 2017, 01:39:50 am
There's no reason not to hold the button for Soaring Dragon Strike at the moment.
#71  April 10, 2017, 06:48:19 pm
There's no reason not to hold the button for Soaring Dragon Strike at the moment.

Sorry not a native English speaker. Do you mean the hold button used to perform the move or hold it at the start ?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Almost there the Kamehameha and the clashing still looks rough but the mechs are there. Also the only left are the Chou Maretsugeki buffs whem Silent Rage is active also Father Son variation when last stand is active.
Donuts
#72  April 10, 2017, 09:57:56 pm
Sorry not a native English speaker. Do you mean the hold button used to perform the move or hold it at the start ?

I'm not a native speaker either. Maybe I confused you with the wording.

You showed two cases of your Soaring Dragon Strike: the first, when you don't hold the attack button; the second when you hold the button.
Now, which, in your opinion, is more useful?

The player that could use your character will always hold the button because:
- it stuns the enemy,
- it deals more damage,
- the enemy can't recover from the first hit anyway.

What I was trying to get to is there's too much hitstun on the first hit.

#73  April 11, 2017, 02:48:00 am
Yeah, but I don't want it to be totally unblockable I want to give the enemy a chance to defend on the first hit(it only has a 15 tick guardpause). The second hit when charged is unblockable. So if you block the first hit you can just get out of the way or if you mess up and try to guard the second hit the guard will break.

Donuts
Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:43:52 am by A.C.I.D

lui

#74  April 11, 2017, 08:08:41 am
    • USA
oh man this is looking to be really good, the gameplay looks spot on especially considering the limited spriteset you're using

have you thought of getting several testers to make sure everything is in order? or an open test? could help out in keeping things tight and bug-free

either way I'm looking forward to more progress on this
#75  April 11, 2017, 07:30:39 pm
Yeah, but I don't want it to be totally unblockable I want to give the enemy a chance to defend on the first hit(it only has a 15 tick guardpause). The second hit when charged is unblockable. So if you block the first hit you can just get out of the way or if you mess up and try to guard the second hit the guard will break.

Who talked about the move being unblockable or about the guardpause? I'm sure I didn't talk about that stuff.

I was talking about the hitstun on the first hit (when the attack hits the enemy), I don't want to come off as rude but could you read my post again?
#76  April 11, 2017, 10:38:26 pm
oh man this is looking to be really good, the gameplay looks spot on especially considering the limited spriteset you're using

have you thought of getting several testers to make sure everything is in order? or an open test? could help out in keeping things tight and bug-free

either way I'm looking forward to more progress on this

Thanks, I haven't thought about it.

AlexSin no, it's fine. I understand your post. Your saying the hitstun is too long on the first hit that there is no reason

to not hold the button at the moment of the attack because the one who uses it will always charge it but there are two distinct changes.

-The charged version causes stun but also has a higher jump and grants no control after the attack leaving him
         vulnerable in the air and when landing.

-The short version although blockable has a lower jump and can be recovered fast because it grants control after usage.
         So you can air dash back or block or follow it with a masenko.

You asked why I didn't make it charge in the moment of the attack

-To give the enemy a chance to block the first hit and get out of the way.
       -That is why I explained how to guard it because that is part of the reason why I didn't make it charge right away

Why the hitstun is too long

-Then how will it chain on the second hit ?
        -Like in the budokai series the soaring dragon strike first hit causes the enemy to slow down to allow the second hit.
Donuts
Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:58:01 pm by A.C.I.D

lui

Teen Gohan Z2i (PALETTES NEEDED!)
#77  April 21, 2017, 08:21:42 am
    • USA
hi guys! im currently working with A.C.I.D on testing gohan and making him as good as he can and right now we're making good progress.

now we have enough progress to actually have new palettes!

sadly it's not color seperated but atleast the fx is included! i hope ya'll make some neat palettes! please provide me with .pcx versions as well as .png previews please
Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:25:21 am by Walruslui
#78  April 21, 2017, 12:57:22 pm
1- You asked why I didn't make it charge in the moment of the attack [...]

2- Why the hitstun is too long

-Then how will it chain on the second hit ?
        -Like in the budokai series the soaring dragon strike first hit causes the enemy to slow down to allow the second hit.

1- No, I didn't. I asked you which one is more useful.
2-  My idea is to give it enough hitstun to make sure the second non-charged hit can combo, but if the second hit is charged the enemy can get away.
So the non-charged version is not redundant.
#79  April 21, 2017, 01:24:22 pm
Walruslui, Thanks for the pal man.

AlexSin, I like that, so the enemy can mess up by blocking the second charged hit or recover by dashing back after the first hit if the second one is charged but enough hit stun for the non charged version.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Donuts
#80  April 21, 2017, 02:05:47 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
He has some pretty cool moves. It's too bad I wasn't able to get on board here sooner or I could have given more thorough feedback.

=Suggestion; study and take some new sound effects from the latest versions of our characters. Well mainly the ones for the Ki Blast impacts (I replaced them because they were kinda loud especially with multiple of them hitting in rapid succession). And we added a new wall/ground bounce sound but that requires some extra coding. AlexSin would know about that, he added it in a few of our chars ;)

=His jump seems a bit delayed compared to others, like he's displayed in his jump-start frame just a tad too long before he actually jumps.

=Suggesting aerial versions of both the Dragon Fang and the Evil Whirlwind.

=Dragon Spear is cool but has some missing potential. You can use this potential by not having the enemy knocked away as far on the last hit. The only version that has some cool combo potential is currently the LK version as it doesn't move Gohan back as much after the first hit. Hence he is able to connect with an aerial LK and then a Dragon Rush. It does work with the MK and SK version of Dragon Spear, but only when the enemy is backed into the corner.

=Dragon Rush is also cool :) But it suffers from the same 'problem' as with Dragon Spear. This again is easily fixable by giving control back to Gohan sooner; during his recoil pose right after he teleports away after the last hit of the Rush. You could then allow him to supercancel into his Aerial Masenko (which you can already do, kinda, the blasts WILL hit the falling enemy) or aerial Dragon Fang/Evil Whirlwind (if you choose to make aerial versions of those).

=You're using two different voice actresses (both from Funimation, sure), I suggest to choose one or the other instead of mixing them.

Recorded a combo for you to enjoy (and I have to note I did replace the Ki Blast attack impact sound which you'll hear in his Masenko).

jump-in jSK, st.LP, st.MP, st.MP, st.SP, LK Dragon Fang, jLK, MK Dragon Rush, aerial Masenko.

Good luck to the both of you, I'll try to keep an eye here a bit more often.