YesNoOk

Trump claims Obama wiretapped him during election, House panel investigates (Read 55800 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 06, 2017, 08:37:01 pm
Share this topic:
Trump claims Obama wiretapped him during election, House panel investigates
#1  March 06, 2017, 08:37:01 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Re: Trump claims Obama wiretapped him during election, House panel investigates
#2  March 06, 2017, 08:42:23 pm
  • Niigasan
Lol i saw this a couple days ago thats ludicrous
#3  March 06, 2017, 09:05:58 pm
Oh would you look at that, a claim by Trump with no evidence whatsoever to back up it up, this same man that called out all 12 of his intel agencies when they ALL had evidence about the Russia's hacking of the DNC. Hey Sweden what DID happen that Friday night huh cause apparently what ever Trump said definitely without a shred of doubt occured.
#4  March 06, 2017, 09:19:19 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So in the midst of yet another member of his cabinet falling under federal investigation, Trump accuses the former president of a wild and massive abuse of power with absolutely no basis or evidence.  And he just suddenly decides to bring this up now, of all times.  Purely by coincidence.

Hmmmm.  HMMMMM.
#5  March 06, 2017, 10:18:38 pm
  • SNK is life
I bet this makes sense in his head somehow :S
#6  March 06, 2017, 10:39:17 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Another Baseless claim by a hubris-laden president
Liberals easily baited and distracted to anger instead of focusing on real issues that matter. World-Wide
Trump followers blindly popping up to agree with "Their Boy" and waste resources on investigations
Meanwhile, more of America's hard-earned rights are taken away and won't catch recognition because it's not entertaining enough.

Watch the puppets dance.
#7  March 06, 2017, 10:43:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
One day I too won't fall into the liberal or conservative title and be able to see the cloak being pulled over my face. I wish more people could be as enlightened.
#8  March 07, 2017, 01:49:09 am
This shouldn't even be a "Liberal" or "Conservative" thing anymore. He HAS people that can tell him what he needs to know or when certain things take place right there in his administration so he doesn't look like an idiot when he speaks or tweets, that's their purpose, but no he gets all his information from watching T.V. and reading BreitBart which is so callously reckless I don't even know how its defined to be conservative to support him or liberal to be against him. Like is he not going to briefs about anything anymore?
#9  March 07, 2017, 02:48:25 am
  • Niigasan
That's why i hate that liberal vs conservative bullshit. Its the fact rhis dude aint a decent human being and is running the damn country
#10  March 07, 2017, 02:50:45 am
if obama really wiretapped him during the election then some additional dirt would've come up in the last week leading up to the election

A: obama didn't wiretap trump and he's talking crazy
B: obama wiretapped trump and found nothing because god emperor trump is perfect
#11  March 07, 2017, 02:57:35 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
He's perfectly crazy, able to whip up a storm of doubt and controversy. How a man like him became president, and how the media spews out anything they can, just shows how bad this country current state is.
#12  March 08, 2017, 06:19:12 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
End result of running majority wins with 2 parties where nobody participates in the primaries to decide which idiot is the senator for the state giving more power to one party or the other. You genuinely need a 3rd in there as a balancing act but it won't happen with the voting system you're using.

We have MMP which is slightly better, except people don't really understand it so we do wind up with 2 major parties, in the last couple our "right" party gained too much power just as the republicans have now and enacted some stuff that is not beneficial to anyone not earning 150k per year.

Minor parties do get a look in and right now we have 7 distinct parties in the house and 4 of them form a government. Although 2 of those are really token things, they're not necessary.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#13  March 08, 2017, 07:26:16 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
#14  March 08, 2017, 03:39:19 pm
http://www.westernjournalism.com/judge-napolitano-obama-wiretapping-legal-unconstitutional/

According to Napolitano, the FBI acquires search warrants to search for evidence of crimes. The bureau does not seek warrants for national security matters. The FBI would not have eavesdropped on U.S. citizens without a warrant. Therefore, unconfirmed reports that FBI Director Jim Comey is pushing the message that the wiretapping of Trump Tower did not occur is consistent.

But, Napolitano concluded that the NSA could have completed the eavesdropping using a secret warrant issued by a FISA court. Napolitano continued that “…the NSA gets FISA warrants looking for national security matters, not looking for evidence of crimes.”

The judge said that regardless of a warrant, “NSA now has the ability to capture in real time the digital copies of everybody’s phone calls, everybody – cell and land line. Everybody’s keystrokes, mobile device and desktop. All digital information going over fiber optics into the U.S., out of the U.S. or within the U.S.”

Trump was wrong about Obama specifically, but communications interference did happen. The President wouldn't need to order people to spy on someone when the intelligence community can do it for them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/us/politics/obama-administration-set-to-expand-sharing-of-data-that-nsa-intercepts.html
That said, Obama did lax rules on how information obtained by the NSA can be shared in his final days of the presidency. Through EO 12333.
#15  March 09, 2017, 01:32:31 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

#16  March 13, 2017, 02:14:17 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Update: House Intelligence Committee sets deadline for today for Trump to either submit evidence of his wiretap claims, or retract his statement

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/intelligence-deadline-wiretaps/

"The President has one of two choices: either retract or provide the information that the American people deserve," Sen. John McCain told CNN's Jake Tapper Sunday on "State of the Union." "I have no reason to believe that the charge is true, but I also believe that the President of the United States could clear this up in a minute."

Two congressmen privy to sensitive intelligence information said this weekend that they, too, had no information currently to support Trump's claims. The House Intelligence Committee's top Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff, said on ABC's "This Week": "I don't expect we'll see evidence of this."
And House Speaker Paul Ryan, asked directly on CBS News' "Face the Nation" if he had seen evidence of the wiretaps, said: "No."

Kellyanne Conway also made a statement that implied that the information disclosed in last week's CIA leaks was used to target Trump but, like Trump himself, offered no evidence. Someone pick up the phone because I fucking called it.
Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:22:41 pm by Ricepigeon
#17  March 13, 2017, 02:26:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
What happens if he doesn't retract his claim?
#18  March 13, 2017, 03:27:35 pm
The New York Times already published that Trump was wiretapped, in January. And then tried to edit the article once this new story came up and the world decided to act like Trump's accusations were ludicrous. But the internet never forgets.
#19  March 13, 2017, 03:34:29 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#20  March 13, 2017, 03:39:42 pm
  • Niigasan
It is ludacris, because now ny times is contradicting themselves by saying "trump has no evidence of wiretapping claims"
 Byakko beat me to it lol