YesNoOk

Hinokakera: Chaotic Eclipse (Ver 1.01) (Read 13478 times)

Started by Zeo, June 18, 2014, 02:11:00 am
Share this topic:

Zeo

Hinokakera: Chaotic Eclipse (Ver 1.01)
#1  June 18, 2014, 02:11:00 am
  • A long time around.
Forgive me but after looking back at some nostalgic videos and seeing the horrible reception on the 6 year old topic in this forum I thought I'd try to breathe some new life into this game. I think the videos showcases as well as the combos shown in them gave people the wrong idea of the game.

It has some crazy combos yes but it's mostly short BnBs and only longer combos if you have a lot of training and or a very high amount of meter. Point being you won't see these combos 70% of the time in real matches, this is definitely not Marvel and a lot deeper than people give it credit for. It has issues going into higher levels of play but no one has ever actually got that far. That being said let's get to it.

Name of the game is Hinokakera: Chaotic Eclipse, a 2010 revision of a game that originally came out over a decade ago, and one that features netplay! (The primary reason you see this topic here before you now.) The game has always been obscure due to it being a japanese PC fighter and coming out in an age where SF4 had put fighters on the map and it was lost in the flood.

Nonetheless it's a fighter worth playing and a blast at that. And maybe, after reading this topic, it'll gather a few players to reignite the dead flame that is it's playerbase.

Chaotic Eclipse featured enhanced graphics, balance tweaks and overall character refinement as well as reverting from it's previous 4.00 to 1.00 as far as numbering.

Patch: http://r-region.net/hinokakera_ce/hinokakera_ce.htm (Go to Download > Chaotic Eclipse Ver 1.01)

Full Game Guide and Character Movelists by Nekich/Encogen: http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=233843

Features

- 4 Button layout (Light, Medium, Heavy, Special)
- 2.5D Fighting plane.
- 13 Diverse and unique characters.
- 2 System modes 'Assault" and "Technical" (functioning like CVS "Grooves") that drastically change the playstyles of each character as well as varying abilities across each mode.
- 2 separate power meters for super/ex attacks and for the respective system modes.
- Netplay functionality.
- Low PC spec requirements (I've played this on a very old laptop).
- Low filesize requirements.
- Overdrive mode which can only be used once per match to regenerate meter, cancel special moves into eachother and unlock each character's ultimate attack!
- Functions from 2D and 3D games alike such as Sidestep, ground and air teching, guard canceling, guard break, just guard and more!

Characters
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Showcasing:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I hope if people take the time to look a bit deeper they'll see there's much more to the game than meets the eye in the low level button mashy gameplay you can find on youtube and give this suprisingly deep game it's fair share. That and well... it's a blast to play vs good people and I'd like someone to play with above all else.
Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:09:49 am by Zeo
Re: Hinokakera: Chaotic Eclipse (Ver 1.01)
#2  June 18, 2014, 02:29:13 am
  • SNK is life
The gameplay looks pretty fluid and Dynamic

This specific vid features the SFxT Main Intro theme (which I loved), so have a look at it guys.

It reminds me a lot of 3D fighters from the PSX era, with some hints of FFVII/VIII presentation. Kinda nostalgic, if you ask me.
#3  June 18, 2014, 11:49:06 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
No warez please.

Zeo

#4  June 19, 2014, 05:10:10 am
  • A long time around.
Roger.