YesNoOk

alternate sff for "DSJ_Janne" by "DarkSide Joe" (Read 44373 times)

Started by dampir, April 15, 2019, 08:01:25 pm
Share this topic:
Re: alternate sff for "DSJ_Janne" by "DarkSide Joe"
#21  April 21, 2019, 11:03:28 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Not going to derail this legendary topic. Tricks are for salty kids, I enjoy telling others good job, even if its not. Sometimes, I wonder about the stuff folks say.lol In other important news, I wonder Dampir if you ever go back to that asuka build. The chick from tmnt, she was really looking good. I hope to do a tribute to your works, just trying to plan how I want to do it. Stay tuned and keep up the hard work my fren.
#22  April 22, 2019, 01:08:20 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Dampir does a very great job but like us all, we all improve with time. Some of the best creators in mugen are still improving and making adjustments but yet some still sticking to their set formula that helps them get the job done. Different opinions will of course always be there but if the author is comfortable as to what works for them, well then hey, it is what it is.

Anyway, i'll definitely make use of these sprites and others. If any adjustments need to be made Dampir I'll let you know. Thanks again dude
#23  April 22, 2019, 02:01:08 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Eric and his mood swings. No one is taking it there. This isn’t about me, don’t use this to twist the context. That’s why no one can give feedback, this kinda thing. Really can’t blame them.

I probably made 99% of those edits years ago. He just puts the sprites over it with 0% maintenance. They uploaded everything to MA themselves. You are better off making it from scratch than using anything from there.

So umm

Mind explaining?
#24  April 22, 2019, 03:12:48 am
  • No guts No glory..

I wonder Dampir if you ever go back to that asuka build

maybe...i have some projects i want to revisit.but not yet.

some still sticking to their set formula that helps them get the job done
that is the path i walk.

#25  April 22, 2019, 03:18:18 am
    • USA
1. User asked about specific edits, under the impression op makes them, which he doesn’t directly answer. 2.They are bad edits I made, but never uploaded. 3.”They” whomever uploads everything to MA. 4. Use the original characters, not the bad edits. Now, justify and point out everyone else. No need as he ^ obviously doesn’t care anyway. I understand how you can read it in that context. It’s not a lie so I don’t see what the issue is. Those that commented have personal gripes of their own, everyone else seems to be neutral.
Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:21:32 am by 2Dee4ever
#26  April 22, 2019, 04:08:45 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Guys, he wasn't attacking Dampir because "hey, i'm salty so I'm gonna shit over this work becaise I want to", he said those sprites were made by him long time ago and Dampir just use them (probably made few ones to complete it) and release the stuff, probably without credit to 2Dee4ever for the sprites he did in the past and released without his permission

Dampir, I like your work in general (with some exceptions, sorry), but this is a different case and I want to read what do you say about this, if this is really a complete work of yours or you "stole" 2Dee4ever's sprites to make this

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#27  April 22, 2019, 04:14:07 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

2Dee wasn't doing sprites, he was converting chars to PotS style a few years ago, sometimes with Dampir's alt SFFs.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:54:10 pm by RagingRowen
#28  April 22, 2019, 05:35:15 pm
  • No guts No glory..
I don't take work of anyone and say hey credit myself....Soo in the past 12 years i just do sprites mounting them over a char that exist....
And i think this is going in a wrong direction

DW

#29  April 22, 2019, 06:23:52 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Guys, he wasn't attacking Dampir because "hey, i'm salty so I'm gonna shit over this work becaise I want to", he said those sprites were made by him long time ago and Dampir just use them (probably made few ones to complete it) and release the stuff, probably without credit to 2Dee4ever for the sprites he did in the past and released without his permission

Dampir, I like your work in general (with some exceptions, sorry), but this is a different case and I want to read what do you say about this, if this is really a complete work of yours or you "stole" 2Dee4ever's sprites to make this

B-kun, I got love for ya man, but that most certainly is NOT what's going on. Rei doesn't make sprites. And Dampir would most certainly not try to claim anything as his, and it's not. You're way off base. Dampir converts sprites. Rei has nothing do with that, so ignore his post. He's talking about some old edits he made, using Dampir's conversion of Krizalid, that another user mentioned.

Unnecessary and incoherent. None of this should even be clogging up Dampir's thread of converting Janne. Aside from the fact that perhaps it may be a bit harder for some people to get a hold of Dampir's work, due to Sendspace. Forget anything about Krizalid or anything else of the like. Move along. This is stupid.

@dampir:

Relax man and don't get discouraged over misunderstandings. You're good. Keep doing what you're doing. As for your hosting methods, wasn't JNP hosting stuff for you? You should use something else from Sendspace. Just give him a shoutout every time you release something, so he can upload it, and everything can be stored safely and kept up to date.
#30  April 22, 2019, 07:09:16 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
@dampir

I agree with DW because you haven't done anything wrong, but I am still surprised that you still use sendspace for storage purposes since a lot of people (me included) have problems downloading from that site (not to mention that links always get lost in the shuffle).
#31  April 22, 2019, 07:20:50 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
B-kun, I got love for ya man, but that most certainly is NOT what's going on. Rei doesn't make sprites. And Dampir would most certainly not try to claim anything as his, and it's not. You're way off base. Dampir converts sprites. Rei has nothing do with that, so ignore his post. He's talking about some old edits he made, using Dampir's conversion of Krizalid, that another user mentioned.
Oh, I see. I misundertood the whole thing. My apologies, then u_u now I get the picture clear, thanks man fo the aclaration. Sorry Dampir if I understood it all wrong, my bad

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#32  April 22, 2019, 09:41:56 pm
  • No guts No glory..
No worries...

now about a krizalid edits....maybe when i get back to kof series i'll do a convertion...maybe
#33  April 22, 2019, 11:42:37 pm
    • USA
All I was saying, use better bases, that’s it. I was calling my own edits trash. None of it was an attack or anything. The feedback thing is completely up to you and if you don’t care continue on as you always do. Sorry for the confusion.
#34  April 23, 2019, 03:47:24 am
  • No guts No glory..
you see.....when i get some time i will upload everything to mediafire, will collecto all my stuff and share it, how about that

#35  September 07, 2020, 07:21:28 am
  • Nothing is good enough that it cannot be improved.
    • Brazil
    • http://darksidejoe.blogspot.com.br/
I loved this sprites.  ;) :goi:
#36  September 07, 2020, 08:14:21 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#37  September 07, 2020, 09:51:01 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Everytime I see him the first thing that comes in my mind is the old "Mugen Downloads" community. Good times, learned a lot from there. Good to see that he is still around. :)
#38  September 07, 2020, 11:29:01 pm
    • Brazil
#39  September 07, 2020, 11:30:32 pm
    • Brazil
#40  September 07, 2020, 11:54:17 pm
    • Brazil
I don't take work of anyone and say hey credit myself....Soo in the past 12 years i just do sprites mounting them over a char that exist....
And i think this is going in a wrong direction
You don't need care about this. Keep the good work.
Believe in me: I know exactly what is the hate community in mugen.