Goku (Read 50818 times)

Started by vyn, March 03, 2019, 09:06:10 am
Share this topic:

vyn

Goku
#1  March 03, 2019, 09:06:10 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
So im making this guy. He transforms and all :).

Tranformations are temporary, during specials or supers and his playstyle will be a simplified mix of MVC3 and DBFZ.

(and no, im not cancelling Kage, he is pretty close to be done actually).
Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:37:36 am by vyn
Re: Goku
#2  March 03, 2019, 09:51:58 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Can I make some pals? He looks cool af.
#3  March 03, 2019, 10:38:53 am
I hope that you will be able to finish kage and evil ryu before going full speed with goku. Your work is amazing hope to have the joy to try your new chars soon.
#4  March 03, 2019, 11:52:03 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
how many butons is this going  to be?
#5  March 03, 2019, 01:46:32 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Oh shit!
#6  March 03, 2019, 04:11:10 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
The best Goku is comming. and el mejor Vegeta? I hope so too.xD
Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:16:18 pm by yaret
#7  March 03, 2019, 04:49:29 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Son Goku made for you! Wow! Waiting more advances.
#8  March 04, 2019, 12:16:18 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#9  March 04, 2019, 12:24:09 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Dayum! This looks epic! :D
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#10  March 04, 2019, 12:25:39 am
    • Zimbabwe
Vyn, do you think that for this kamehameha effect it's possible to put some transparency on the black part? I'm not sure that's why I ask.
#11  March 04, 2019, 12:45:50 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Oh~ Something to dirt and smash the keyboard for.

Plan to go for the japanese, english or randomly for the español dub for the voice? Patchs are easy, but curiosity.
#12  March 04, 2019, 07:12:37 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

It's a nice WIP character, but I kinda wish you release your other works before posting another one. It's hard to give feedback on your new WIPs if I don't know how the mechanics of your newer characters works assuming Goku uses the same play style as Kage or SF3 Evil Ryu. Images are cool, but I can't tell through GIFs alone and maybe a video or two could help. Just a suggestion.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#13  March 04, 2019, 07:17:30 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
It's a nice WIP character, but I kinda wish you release your other works before posting another one. It's hard to give feedback on your new WIPs if I don't know how the mechanics of your newer characters works assuming Goku uses the same play style as Kage or SF3 Evil Ryu. Images are cool, but I can't tell through GIFs alone and maybe a video or two could help. Just a suggestion.

I mean, i wanna agree with you but imo theres no issue with someone announcing their next project even before their current one is done. And he stated that Kage is almost finished. It gives those who follow and use his creations an idea of what to expect next. It's good to have projects planned out before you finish the current one. And having even starting images of the project is even better because it lets people know it's not just an idea. You just have to be careful you don't work on to many at once. But since he said Kage is almost done, I'm pretty sure he doesn't intend to really focus on Goku till Kage's done and released.

....I think...lmao

vyn

#14  March 04, 2019, 07:31:24 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
So here´s the plan for this guy.

He will use many of his transformations but only during his special and super moves, instead of permanent transformations. We have seen him fight like this a few times in the anime, switching transformations on the fly, i think its a pretty cool concept.

This way i get to put all my favorite stuff into one character, here is an example.

All normal attacks are done in his base form (This is Standing Heavy Attack):

Special attacks will mostly use his super saiyan forms (This is Standing QCF+P):

Supers/ultimates will use KAIOKEN, SSJ4, SSGSS and SSG (This is Standing QCF+PP):

(btw im changing everything on this move, im not happy with it).

Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:23:03 pm by vyn

vyn

#15  March 04, 2019, 07:43:43 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Can I make some pals? He looks cool af.

Sure man, i need to put it together first though, each transformation can be changed individually so its taking some work.

I hope that you will be able to finish kage and evil ryu before going full speed with goku. Your work is amazing hope to have the joy to try your new chars soon.

I will, i worked on Kage today before i worked on goku.

how many butons is this going  to be?

3 buttons for light, medium and heavy attacks. 3 other buttons for launcher, chase and something else, not sure yet.

The best Goku is comming. and el mejor Vegeta? I hope so too.xD

heh, not in the plans im afraid.

Vyn, do you think that for this kamehameha effect it's possible to put some transparency on the black part? I'm not sure that's why I ask.

ya im changing that whole thing

Oh~ Something to dirt and smash the keyboard for.

Plan to go for the japanese, english or randomly for the español dub for the voice? Patchs are easy, but curiosity.

id like to go for japanese, depends on what i find in good quality and easy to use

I mean, i wanna agree with you but imo theres no issue with someone announcing their next project even before their current one is done. And he stated that Kage is almost finished. It gives those who follow and use his creations an idea of what to expect next. It's good to have projects planned out before you finish the current one. And having even starting images of the project is even better because it lets people know it's not just an idea. You just have to be careful you don't work on to many at once. But since he said Kage is almost done, I'm pretty sure he doesn't intend to really focus on Goku till Kage's done and released.

....I think...lmao

Im glad you guys are excited for Kage. I will finish him pretty soon, no worries. I like to have at least 1 side project, keeps me from getting bored of mugen. Gameplay wise, Kage is pretty close to SFV and Goku will be a simplified mix of DBFZ and MVC3.

Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:52:36 am by vyn
#16  March 04, 2019, 07:59:59 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Reserving transformations for circumstantial moves like specials and supers is actually pretty clever. I don't mean it in just an artistic perspective, but also practical purposes since transformations are a pain in the ass to code, but this method gets around the problems such a thing would pose.
#17  March 04, 2019, 08:00:57 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
For the SSJ4 super, I'd suggest editing the pants to match whatever color Goku has for his pants in base form.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.

vyn

#18  March 04, 2019, 08:02:32 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Reserving transformations for circumstantial moves like specials and supers is actually pretty clever. I don't mean it in just an artistic perspective, but also practical purposes since transformations are a pain in the ass to code, but this method gets around the problems such a thing would pose.

shhh, people must not know im a lazy bum lol.
#19  March 04, 2019, 08:10:00 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I mean he can release any which way he wants, its not going to really affect what needs to be fixed

lui

#20  March 04, 2019, 09:24:31 am
    • USA
are you making use of the resources i gave you? :)

id like to go for japanese, depends on what i find in good quality and easy to use

i got you covered for this as well fam, just shoot me a DM and i'll give you the best quality japanese rips for XV2, Raging Blast 2, FighterZ and Jump Force sound rips i managed to find from good sources and rip myself :)
#21  March 04, 2019, 11:29:27 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

I mean he can release any which way he wants, its not going to really affect what needs to be fixed
True, but knowing vyn's creations in the past, he has more than one style and feels kind of unpredictable (CvS, CvSX, MvC-EoH with CvS2 hitsparks and the other Evil Ryu style I don't know). Since it's none of those, I kinda want to get more of an idea what this new style is like such of what kind of hit sounds on the hit sparks, what button configurations they use, do they have chain combos, any other modes, etc. More info always helps.

Also, I'm going to side with yaret regarding that post you said to him, but where did he ever said he was "requesting" characters? He was just simply asking vyn if the "Vegeta" on the pics is a WIP of his as well (Which he confirms in a later post it's not). That's all, I don't see why would a user with a "contributor star" say that as they could make their own if they wanted to.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#22  March 04, 2019, 11:41:40 am
    • Zimbabwe
Thanks for your answer, vyn!!
I'm looking for your final work, I'm hyped! xD
#23  March 04, 2019, 09:35:47 pm
haha yeah, i was about to say, you must have a lot of time if he's gonna be able to transform to all of em and stay that way, but transforming just for moves is a clever way to do it as well

Transformations are a pain, especially when custom states come
#24  March 04, 2019, 09:47:50 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
True, but knowing vyn's creations in the past, he has more than one style and feels kind of unpredictable (CvS, CvSX, MvC-EoH with CvS2 hitsparks and the other Evil Ryu style I don't know). Since it's none of those, I kinda want to get more of an idea what this new style is like such of what kind of hit sounds on the hit sparks, what button configurations they use, do they have chain combos, any other modes, etc. More info always helps.

Also, I'm going to side with yaret regarding that post you said to him, but where did he ever said he was "requesting" characters? He was just simply asking vyn if the "Vegeta" on the pics is a WIP of his as well (Which he confirms in a later post it's not). That's all, I don't see why would a user with a "contributor star" say that as they could make their own if they wanted to.
Staying off topic is staying off topic, end of conversation. Its my obligation as staff to make sure that doesn't happen in the development and release boards.

If you have a problem with that you are welcome to bring it up in a feedback board. I frankly don't care whose side you take.

vyn

#25  March 04, 2019, 10:53:49 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
For the SSJ4 super, I'd suggest editing the pants to match whatever color Goku has for his pants in base form.

Ah that makes sense.

Thanks a lot for the extreme butoden sprite sets btw!.

haha yeah, i was about to say, you must have a lot of time if he's gonna be able to transform to all of em and stay that way, but transforming just for moves is a clever way to do it as well

Transformations are a pain, especially when custom states come

Transformations are indeed a pain in the ass.

are you making use of the resources i gave you? :)

i got you covered for this as well fam, just shoot me a DM and i'll give you the best quality japanese rips for XV2, Raging Blast 2, FighterZ and Jump Force sound rips i managed to find from good sources and rip myself :)

Ah you rock dude. Can i have DBFightersZ rips for all the gokus please?, base, ssj and ssjb.

Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:28:41 pm by vyn

lui

#26  March 05, 2019, 06:44:36 am
    • USA
No prob, gonna go get everything by tmo

vyn

#27  March 05, 2019, 08:44:26 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
No prob, gonna go get everything by tmo

Thanks bro!, take your time

Made a bit of progress on the basics yesterday. Thank god im going for only 3 buttons cuz the extreme butoden sprites are all over the place, its like they have never heard of recovery frames lol, some of the long animations are like 4 sprites of windup, 2 sprites for the attack and 1 sprite recovery.... wtf guys.

Correct alignment and smooth animations are turning out to be quite the challenge so ill have to spend extra time on that and sprite editing. Basic movement and basic attack animations are the key to a high quality feeling character neways so its worth the effort.

Still, this is a pretty fun character to make

#28  March 05, 2019, 09:58:22 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
What!? Finally a very good Kakarot is being made!
Keep it up man!
This is fate.

vyn

#29  March 07, 2019, 12:42:34 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
So ive been deciding on his moveset and transformations, there is a lot to choose from but i want to make a simple character with 2 or 3 specials and 2 or 3 supers.

This is what i have planned so far.

Normals:
- X,Y,Z attack buttons for: light, medium and heavy attacks. Directional input in one of these for overhead.
- A button for launcher (or spike while in the air)
- B button for chase
- C button for power charge

Specials, mostly based on dbfz, he turns super saiyan 1 for all of these and the are all ground and air.
- QCF+P: Kamehameha
- QCB+P: Elbow Dash
- DP+P: Energy spining kicks

Supers, diferent forms for each, all are ground and air.

-QCF+PP: Kamehameha x10. Turns SSJ4. Lvl1 super.
-QCB+PP: Super Spirit Bomb. Turns SSJG. Lvl2 super.
-DP+PP: God meteor smash: Turns Kaioken for a quick combo, then SSJBlue for a few more hits and finally Kaioken SSJBlue for some sort of finisher, Depending on the amount of power available when activated this will vary from lvl1 super to lvl3 with each transformation requiring one extra super bar.

Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:25:00 am by vyn
#30  March 07, 2019, 05:29:51 pm
  • I got tired of waiting for someone to do it for me
    • Argentina

vyn

#31  March 08, 2019, 07:16:36 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I started working on the combos. This is medium - launcher - chase. (gif is a bit slower than the real animation).

No effects besides hitsparks of course, there will be flashy stuff added later.

Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 07:19:39 am by vyn
#32  March 08, 2019, 07:29:31 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Cool, now he must at least have a custom intro. Something that pays homaged, to flowergirl's Broly.

vyn

#33  March 11, 2019, 03:23:47 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I really wanted to add SSJ2 and SSJ3 somehow, this is his QCF+Attack, if the attack button is held Goku will keep charging. A full charge deals more damage and is unblockable. (ignore the damage for now):

Put a ton of work into this and its a just a special lol.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also, powercharge:

Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:00:56 am by vyn
#34  March 11, 2019, 04:28:59 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
@vyn: these are beautiful man. Have you resized the sprites or are they the standard ones from the game?

vyn

#35  March 12, 2019, 09:08:03 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
What!? Finally a very good Kakarot is being made!
Keep it up man!

tnx man

Here are all sounds of FighterZ, ripped by Demahu from vg-resource.com (https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-32946.html), maybe be useful to you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CL9J7l57h5iPrgYyvoxl_dPnXvcUnV_C

Good luck with Goku!

thank you!

Cool, now he must at least have a custom intro. Something that pays homaged, to flowergirl's Broly.

i dont know that broly :/

@vyn: these are beautiful man. Have you resized the sprites or are they the standard ones from the game?

ya i resized them, and sometimes i have to resize individual moves. seriously extreme butoden sprites are so inconsistent.
#36  March 13, 2019, 04:06:43 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299

vyn

#37  March 13, 2019, 04:33:26 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I made a bunch of effects for Broly, you might find them useful:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/my-broly-resource-archive-185112.0.html

tnx bro! a lot of stuff to go through in there.

Air kamehameha, this one cant be charged.

And this is how the pallette works, there is no color separation but each transformation has its own pallette, same with his energy, here are a couple of quick examples.

Black and Broly

I will post a pallette template when all transformations are indexed (missing SSG and SSB).
Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:08:57 am by vyn

vyn

#38  March 15, 2019, 07:37:59 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Aight, I made the pallette template finally.

Here is the download file including the .act file
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bpbuvo

MIght seem a bit overwhelming at first but its very well organized per transformation. The only mistake is the eyes and teeth of ssj forms sharing color with the lightest color hair, but i will fix that later frame by frame i guess, its very few frames really.

And a few crappy examples.

Feel free to submit your palettes for everyone to see :).
#39  March 16, 2019, 08:55:54 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
#40  March 16, 2019, 09:11:19 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I sugggest SSB to be remappal of SS1 instead of different outfit so that it fits

vyn

#41  March 17, 2019, 08:40:32 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Quick combo :)

#42  March 17, 2019, 10:44:27 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
That looks amazing, damn

#43  March 17, 2019, 11:03:14 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Oh man. Vyn it loooks really good!

vyn

#44  March 24, 2019, 01:56:12 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Almost finished spirit bomb, just missing a few details. The projectile is VERY slow but goku can move way before it lands.

Gif is 12mb, sorry about that but its a really long animation.

Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 02:06:12 am by vyn
#45  March 24, 2019, 03:18:49 am
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
this looks so good man, you're doing a great job!
#46  March 24, 2019, 06:46:44 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Hot damn

#47  March 24, 2019, 04:27:19 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
 :downsbravo:  :downsbravo:
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#48  March 24, 2019, 04:47:22 pm
  • Niigasan
Those damn fx man holy shit gorgeous
#49  March 24, 2019, 08:56:35 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
You know what, Vyn? People often praise me because of the visual effects on my chars.
But you know what? It was YOUR chars what inspired me to make them! Hahahahahaha!!
Man, I'm making a PotS-Styled Broly now. And honestly, the visual effects I'm seeing here are BREATHTAKING,
I've just found EXACTLY what Broly's Gigantic Omegastorm needs to look like... and that is, like your Goku's Kamehameha! Haha.
I'm working with DJMouF on a PotS styled Bardock, Goku, and Vegeta as well.
(Bardock is 98% done, kinda)
And I'm gonna give them DRAMATIC FINISHES, Dragonball FighterZ style!
So I wanted to ask ya, would you like your Goku to have a Dramatic Finish with my Broly? Haha.

Also, here's a palette for Goku, haha.
(Both are almost identical, so use whichever you preffer).

I wanted to ask to you too, when are you gonna release this Goku?
Can you send me the .SFF file? I've been looking for some high-quality DBZ effects lately.
Man, I just NEED those effects in my life! Haha.
#50  March 24, 2019, 09:19:04 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
You nailed SSG's flaming aura. Nice
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack

vyn

#51  March 25, 2019, 08:32:57 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Super Kamehameha x10 is pretty much done.

Im not 100% happy cuz I only had 5 sprites of goku in SSJ4 but the effects are damn good if i say so myself :).

Here is a Gif and a few screens.

TiE

#52  March 25, 2019, 09:08:22 am
  • used the search button
    • Germany
Awesome stuff, vyn!
Only thing I wonder about with the spirit bomb is the hitspark at Goku's head when he releases it.
Does it hit him, too?

The Kamehameha x10 is beautiful!
[BGdef]
 ;Filename of sprite data
spr = stages/ ***.sff
#53  March 25, 2019, 10:42:03 am
#54  March 25, 2019, 02:40:21 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Those FX's look awesome.
#55  March 25, 2019, 03:41:07 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#56  March 25, 2019, 06:02:43 pm
    • Dominica
the best goku I said before but will goku has his kaioken?  ::) please.xD

vyn

#57  March 26, 2019, 10:50:26 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
snip

tnx bro

That looks amazing, damn

Hot damn

:downsbravo:  :downsbravo:

tnx guys!

I sugggest SSB to be remappal of SS1 instead of different outfit so that it fits

Ya, ive been thinking the same thing. I kinda wanted ssb to change outfit so that ssj4 wasnt the only transformation with different clothes.

Those damn fx man holy shit gorgeous

tnx bro

Awesome stuff, vyn!
Only thing I wonder about with the spirit bomb is the hitspark at Goku's head when he releases it.
Does it hit him, too?

The Kamehameha x10 is beautiful!

that little spark is there to ephasize how he turns back into base goku. If it still looks like a hitspark i failed hard lol.

Those FX's look awesome.

tnx man

You know what, Vyn? People often praise me because... snip

Glad you like my work man!. Maybe one more month for release?.

Hit me with a PM on what effect you want, ill send it to you, no problem.

the best goku I said before but will goku has his kaioken?  ::) please.xD

the plan is to add a regular kaioken and a ssb kaioken :). But we will see.

Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:05:14 pm by vyn
#58  March 26, 2019, 11:02:11 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Your effects are absolutely perfect now! :) It'll be a must have for sure!!

vyn

#59  March 27, 2019, 07:48:02 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Started working on Kaioken

#60  March 27, 2019, 04:14:38 pm
    • Brazil
    • iaramongtg@gmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenDownloadLinksAndShareRamonGarcia
you will help a lot the mugen fans with this great effects vyn, congratulations for your amazing works.
:bison: IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC CHAR IN HI-RES=FILTERED SPRITES SEND ME A MESSAGE IN MY E-MAIL WITH THE LINK OF CHAR THAT I CONVERT TO HI-RES (Observation is a very cheap price :yes: and the result is very good]. Here is my e-mail: iaramongtg@gmail.com :bison:

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ramongtg
And If you want Suport me / Encourage me, donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=89HXL726XVEFG&source=url :bison:
#61  March 29, 2019, 04:18:42 am
    • Dominica
Started working on Kaioken

I think goku will looks better with the aura genkidama efect that you used, artsystem used a similar one for his kioken

this one:

vyn

#62  March 30, 2019, 11:54:05 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Here, made a quick video of the progress so far.

Please dont mind the current damage values.

#63  March 30, 2019, 11:59:06 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
The Kaioken seems very light for a MAX Level super (from what I saw).
I assume it's gonna play out like a string-input super (Deadly Rave-ish?)
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#64  March 31, 2019, 05:28:55 am
    • Brazil
looking amazing! congrats on the fx

vyn

#65  April 02, 2019, 10:20:29 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
A few screens of how the move starts.

Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:42:57 am by vyn
#66  April 02, 2019, 01:20:43 pm
    • Brazil
I like the direction you're taking it!
btw, do you make your own fx?
#67  April 02, 2019, 02:50:53 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Damn, those Goku transformations looks Sick.

vyn

#68  April 03, 2019, 08:43:34 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Here, some test footage of SSB Kaioken aura and pallette.

#69  April 03, 2019, 08:50:53 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Daaamn, this Goku looks cool.
But I would suggest you try that "Circle" blast with Red or Gray colors instead of blue. Maybe that would look better.
#70  April 05, 2019, 06:22:52 am
  • Niigasan
Jesus Christ

vyn

#71  April 05, 2019, 09:18:39 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Almost there...

Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 09:27:43 am by vyn
#72  April 05, 2019, 10:28:49 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Holy Saiyan Christ, that looks incredible

vyn

#73  April 07, 2019, 05:09:43 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I worked on a simple hyper background and a cool portrait for each super.

I tested these two kind, single color and full colored. Full color looks better imo.

#74  April 07, 2019, 05:15:49 am
    • UK
The single color versions remind me too much of your old chars and the Classic PotS stuff.
It would be cool if the full color version was palette coordinated.
WIP Schedule:
#75  April 07, 2019, 05:20:58 am
  • Niigasan
Loving this new style...
#76  April 07, 2019, 07:52:23 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I just wish the animations for EB were smoother like CVS2-esque.
#77  April 08, 2019, 01:02:20 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
The single color versions are popular for a reason because you don't have to work on coordinating the palettes. 
#78  April 08, 2019, 02:25:46 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
You could always do color specific super ports:

Base: Bright Red
SS: Gold
SSG: Orange-Red
SSGSS: Blue
KK SSGSS: Blue/Bright Red
SS4: Dark Red

KKSSGSS Example
Spoiler: KKSSGSS Example (click to see content)
Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:37:45 am by Hoshi

vyn

#79  April 08, 2019, 09:36:39 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
A more updated video of progress:

#80  April 08, 2019, 09:54:22 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Just perfection! I wish i was as creative as you are
#81  April 08, 2019, 10:58:21 am
    • Zimbabwe
A real jewel that you're cooking for us, Vyn.

vyn

#82  April 09, 2019, 09:26:49 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I started working on different hitsparks, im trying to make something more cartoonish and less CvS looking.

Here is what i got so far for the heavy version.

Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:29:53 am by vyn
#83  April 09, 2019, 09:38:13 am
omg!!!!
#84  April 09, 2019, 12:48:02 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Okay, that looks fantastic.
Nobody knows FX like you!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack

vyn

#85  April 09, 2019, 10:22:38 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
The Kaioken seems very light for a MAX Level super (from what I saw).
I assume it's gonna play out like a string-input super (Deadly Rave-ish?)

Good eye bro, its a low lvl 1 super so yeah its low dmg. And yes, it requires command inputs to keep going, nothing fancy, just any attack button.

looking amazing! congrats on the fx

tnx bro!

I like the direction you're taking it!
btw, do you make your own fx?

i make about 5% of my effects, the rest are edits of existing effects using photoshop and coding

Damn, those Goku transformations looks Sick.

tnx bro

Daaamn, this Goku looks cool.
But I would suggest you try that "Circle" blast with Red or Gray colors instead of blue. Maybe that would look better.

done :)
Jesus Christ

Marie and Joseph

Holy Saiyan Christ, that looks incredible

thanks bro

The single color versions remind me too much of your old chars and the Classic PotS stuff.
It would be cool if the full color version was palette coordinated.

Exactly the reasons i went for full color,

Loving this new style...

me too  bro

I just wish the animations for EB were smoother like CVS2-esque.

oh man i wish that too, i had to work really hard in this guy to make him somewhat smooth.

The single color versions are popular for a reason because you don't have to work on coordinating the palettes. 

true, but i wont lol, so lets pretend i did coordinate them

You could always do color specific super ports:

Base: Bright Red
SS: Gold
SSG: Orange-Red
SSGSS: Blue
KK SSGSS: Blue/Bright Red
SS4: Dark Red

KKSSGSS Example
Spoiler: KKSSGSS Example (click to see content)

im gonna include the single colored versions in the .sff for people to change if they wish, the color scale is a pretty good idea.

Just perfection! I wish i was as creative as you are

tnx bro

A real jewel that you're cooking for us, Vyn.

tnx man

omg!!!!

haha, guess you liked them

Okay, that looks fantastic.
Nobody knows FX like you!

thanks man

#86  April 11, 2019, 03:34:42 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I started working on different hitsparks, im trying to make something more cartoonish and less CvS looking.

Here is what i got so far for the heavy version.

That reminds me of the FighterZ sparks, looks great

#87  April 12, 2019, 05:08:53 am
    • Brazil
    • iaramongtg@gmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenDownloadLinksAndShareRamonGarcia
Hi Vyn very good your edits and works, congratulations.
if you want gain some money easy to do a little FX work for me send the e-mail to iaramongtg) ]
:bison: IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC CHAR IN HI-RES=FILTERED SPRITES SEND ME A MESSAGE IN MY E-MAIL WITH THE LINK OF CHAR THAT I CONVERT TO HI-RES (Observation is a very cheap price :yes: and the result is very good]. Here is my e-mail: iaramongtg@gmail.com :bison:

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ramongtg
And If you want Suport me / Encourage me, donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=89HXL726XVEFG&source=url :bison:

vyn

#88  April 13, 2019, 05:05:33 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Here, I finished the new hitsparks:

And yes, there is quite a bit of dbfz inspiration there.

Just noticed the second one is facing the wrong direction, ill fix that.

And since i got a few messages of people asking for them, here they are. Some are custom made by me, some are just edited.

Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:04:30 am by vyn
#89  April 13, 2019, 05:13:26 am
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Really nice effects! Waiting the final release!!!
#90  April 13, 2019, 06:24:15 am
    • Brazil
good stuff, I appreciate you sharing those!
#91  April 13, 2019, 04:00:10 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Hi Vyn very good your edits and works, congratulations.
if you want gain some money easy to do a little FX work for me send the e-mail to iaramongtg) ]

You cut this out right now

Not only is it scummy as it's trying to hijack someone's thread for your own gain it's also sketchy as you're saying "want to earn easy money"

Don't do this
#92  April 14, 2019, 09:36:40 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@vyn: The two level of sparks, I see/think you have a bigger spark on a launcher. But then it looks like the same spark on a special?
I prefer smaller sparks in general. The launcher spark works because it's 1 bigger hit. And it works for the specials/ultras. Were you thinking about switching up the colors like vsCapcom does, or just keep yellow across the board?

The FX are pretty nice.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

vyn

#93  April 15, 2019, 12:24:13 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I decided to remove the flurry kick special and instead add Dragon Punch

vyn

#94  April 20, 2019, 04:49:54 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Im at my folks for the weekend so i have some hours to kill, goku is pretty much done, here is a video of some combos and cool looking stuff.

I went for english voice cuz i dont know a lick of japanese but if someone makes a good quality jap patch, i will gladly publish it with the character once released.
Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:53:16 am by vyn
#95  April 20, 2019, 06:42:30 pm
  • I want to see more in Mugen!
    • Brazil
Im at my folks for the weekend so i have some hours to kill, goku is pretty much done, here is a video of some combos and cool looking stuff.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/cZQeQMvPzIE[/youtube]

I went for english voice cuz i dont know a lick of japanese but if someone makes a good quality jap patch, i will gladly publish it with the character once released.

Any chances of a brazilian portuguese voice patch? I could look after it!

Goku seems really awesome! Can't wait to have it in my roster xD
Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:46:28 pm by Tsuyoi

vyn

#96  April 24, 2019, 07:11:17 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Character released, please go to the release section.

vyn

#97  April 27, 2019, 06:46:14 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
After all ive decided I will include a lvl5 super: Limit Breaker.

This one uses Ultra Instinct transformation.

Test footage:

Its gonna take a while cuz im making those sprites and the auras for them one by one but ill get there.
#98  April 27, 2019, 07:14:52 am
    • Brazil
ooh that's awesome.
does he have to be low life to use? I feel like that would be appropriate
#99  April 27, 2019, 05:06:34 pm
Seeing as you're apparently making the ultra instinct sprites I wonder if you know about Goku with EB sprites that had a UI mode with sprites as well by 280.
Just seeing if you knew about the sprites that had for UI or not in case that might make this easier.
Edit:Oh the goku was posted here earlier by fenzi with the uxgetuploader link.
Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 11:09:10 pm by Memes never die/Manby

vyn

#100  April 28, 2019, 01:09:30 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
ooh that's awesome.
does he have to be low life to use? I feel like that would be appropriate

mmmm, not sure yet bro

Seeing as you're apparently making the ultra instinct sprites I wonder if you know about Goku with EB sprites that had a UI mode with sprites as well by 280.
Just seeing if you knew about the sprites that had for UI or not in case that might make this easier.
Edit:Oh the goku was posted here earlier by fenzi with the uxgetuploader link.

i know it yes, I already use some stuff from that goku (found in credits) but i just didnt like the way his UI stuff looks so im making my own.

Quick comparison

Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:20:10 am by vyn
#101  April 28, 2019, 01:44:54 am
Ah. Okay then.

vyn

#102  August 09, 2020, 04:29:15 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive decided to add 3 more supers to this guy:

Two lvl4 gogeta supers, one SSJ4 and one SSJBlue plus a LVL5 Ultra instinct super.

Here is a quick teaser of the first.

#103  August 09, 2020, 12:12:07 pm
    • UK
Good to see you doing updates. Do you plan to do an AI for him since you've started doing so?
WIP Schedule:
#104  August 09, 2020, 12:56:57 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Good to see you doing updates. Do you plan to do an AI for him since you've started doing so?

You read my mind. Vyn's been applying AI for his last few characters so it's possible but the first post also invites others to make AI, so can't say.

vyn

#105  August 10, 2020, 04:41:46 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Fusion progress, took a really long time.

Its inspired by the SSJ4 Gogeta transformation from Dragon Ball GT.

You read my mind. Vyn's been applying AI for his last few characters so it's possible but the first post also invites others to make AI, so can't say.

He has a boss AI already, I didnt make much of an announcement but its been in the file for a few weeks now. You may download the update whenever you want.

Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:51:57 am by vyn

vyn

#106  August 15, 2020, 05:44:15 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Made a video of the new super and the AI patch.

Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 05:13:10 pm by vyn
#107  August 15, 2020, 08:27:49 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Are you going to upload the video again? It says it's been removed.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

vyn

#108  August 15, 2020, 05:13:23 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com