YesNoOk

Stage/Screenpack of the Month Brainstorming (Read 27776 times)

Started by Saikoro, February 21, 2014, 05:55:47 am
Stage/Screenpack of the Month Brainstorming
#1  February 21, 2014, 05:55:47 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Alright. I was pondering throughout the day about how to go about making a proper set of rules. I wanted to bring this up here before going to the community.

I think the best way to go about this is keeping it simple, I.E. keeping the rules pretty much the same as Rajaa did for Character of the Month. That keeps things easy to get into while also expanding into nominating other Mugen contributions/content. The only different thing I could think of is how to keep the stars going, and that falls into A: Having that member keep the star for either a month and passing the start to the next member or B: Having the member keep the star for two months to keep the recognition going for a slightly extended period. I also thought of keeping track of monthly winners in perhaps a locked sticky for archiving purposes.

The other only thing I could think of is the star to go along with this. Do we make new ones?? Do we modify existing ones?? Should we vote on this?? How about pass the "Super Member Star" on to this in some way?? ;D

Seeing how its close to the end of the month, I'd like to lay down a foundation so by the time March hits I could go ahead and start things up for everyone.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Re: Stage/Screenpack of the Month Brainstorming
#2  February 21, 2014, 06:42:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
This should be public; try to avoid using the private board unless it has to do with PM's or something.

I have no strong feelings on the subject otherwise. :-X
#3  February 21, 2014, 06:46:13 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Alright. I do understand what you're saying about posting here but I figured it would be worth posting to get your opinions first. I'll certainly start a topic Friday or Saturday to get the ball rolling. I'll also review CotM rules and see if there's anything worth changing while familiarizing with standards.

Shit!! I gotta hit the sack!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#4  February 21, 2014, 07:03:31 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Moved since nobody else did it yet. I'm gonna just say I don't care much either way how this goes as long as it works.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#5  February 21, 2014, 07:08:40 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Alright. I do understand what you're saying about posting here but I figured it would be worth posting to get your opinions first.
It'd work just as well as in public staff for that purpose. :P

Character of the month rules are working pretty well, and the poll that will determine whether the stars last forever is almost over with, after which we'll probably change the CotM star from the ugly green star for the orange WLS star. Screenpacks, stages, and other contests of the like should follow the same general rules as CotM does, including star stuff.