YesNoOk

Honki Ni Natta Mr. Karate (Read 14908 times)

Started by Neo_Zurz, May 11, 2008, 12:43:07 pm
Share this topic:
Honki Ni Natta Mr. Karate
New #1  May 11, 2008, 12:43:07 pm
Hello this is Neo_Zurz. I would like to release a character I coded. I worked on him for around a year. It is Honki Ni Natta Mr. Karate. he is a boss character from SNK vs Capcom, and one of SNK's oldest bosses (Art of Fighting). I've always loved Mr. Karate and wanted to make my own version for mugen. it is a customized version with moves from svc chaos and kof. His only palettes features dark skin because of the impression alot of the promotional drawings made on me. Please feel free to give any critique, opinion, advice, praise etc... that come to your mind at all. go to this link to download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwpedxwj2nl (10TH UPDATE, Wednesday May 21, 2008)
 or
http://www.mediafire.com/?yut2lo9m4hx (alternate big portrait)
I would call him 90% complete.
but he's pretty much done.
included with the character is his stage that I put together.
and a remix of his AOF theme. there are two versions, but i prefer the one titled The_Karate_Gym_Revisited
(alternate big potrait)

(regular big potrait)

trance addict for life.
Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:24:01 am by Neo_Zurz
Re: Honki Ni Natta Mr. Karate
#2  May 11, 2008, 12:52:06 pm
  • professional poster
    • Iran
Screenshots please
let me handle this
Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:01:10 pm by K.O.D
#3  May 11, 2008, 01:27:30 pm
    • forums.titygames.com/index.php
i cant not download because it baned my IP
Any one download it and then upload it to mediafire.com or sendspace.com
thanks
Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 03:10:35 pm by titytity
#4  May 11, 2008, 02:14:05 pm
WAY TOO FAST. Velocities, animations, hitvels, everything. Movements just don't look anything like they do in the games.
Supers do way too much damage.
player 2's life must be at least at 2000 maximum.
Alright, you modify your characters so that they have 2000 life but you don't give a damn about those who leave it like they normally should be ?
The debug screen, when there's a debug flood, it's something you're supposed to fix.
Weird clsn. You're not going for accurate comboability, are you ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:23:13 pm by Baiken
#5  May 11, 2008, 02:24:49 pm
    • interrage.deviantart.com/
player 2's life must be at least at 2000 maximum.
Alright, you modify your characters so that they have 2000 life but you don't give a damn about those who leave it like they normally should be ?
He's just too badass for his own good.
#6  May 11, 2008, 02:25:03 pm
  • Start wearing purple wearing purple ♪
i cant not download becuase it baned my IP
Any one download it and then upload it to mediafire.com or sendpace.com
thanks
Try again by IE, just got it.

WAY TOO FAST. Velocities, animations, hitvels, everything. Movements just don't look anything like they do in the games.
Aye, has normal moves of Honki Ni Natta SvC MR. Karate but really speedied plus two or more custom moves, also has super jump and launcher ala MVC, but those two last ones don't work right yet.

Humbly suggesting if you'd like those moves in him Neo you could check limited moon's MvC Ken X for example, hosted at Random Select. Those codes are opensource and could help.
#7  May 11, 2008, 06:54:37 pm
well for the supers I kind of like not watering down the damage :P I like going by simple logic, in most kof's his haoh ken did a little under one fourth of p2's life. mine does like 40 extra points above that but I might change. so for the triple haoh ken it does 3 attacks that take one fourth of your life :/ and i was going to leave it like that. his super counter where he waits then chops you down does I think about as much damage as it did in kof2k2. (keep in mind I wasn't going for an accurate version to the game(s)) his ruuko ranbu does a lot of damage true. close to 1000. I can't remember for sure but I think i programmed the 2 uppercuts at the end to do as much damage as they would if you executed them normally. and I wanted the damage of the combo part to match closely to the uppercuts. + since his triple haoh ken ends up doing 75% of p2's life. so his hyper should reasonably do more. i think. as for the secret arts, it ends up doing around 1700 damage. its a fun move I threw in to fight characters with a lot of life. simple as that.
yah at first i felt like giving him interesting air combos what with his two launchers. but I know the one with his kick doesn't feel so cool. kinda weird. maybe i'll change those, i guess :/ they are kind of out of place with the rest of his moves as it is. the whole combo thing is due to how i like being able to combo with just normal moves, its a habit. i know its strange for a kof/aof char.
i don't know if and how I should change his normal combos, any suggestions will be looked into.
i like the speed, i find it fun :/
fast animations? lets see.
ko'ouken is the speed it is because of the cool benefit of being able to send p2 flying back down to the ground if he (or she) tries to jump up. so its timed to be able to catch that.
before i felt like having a fast anim for haoh ken, maybe I'll change it.
even though its cool being able to whip it out like BAM :P
I like both flying kicks ALOT and I kind of don't want to change it.
Movements just don't look anything like they do in the games
. i thought ko'ouken looked pretty similar. its faster and stronger yeah, i like it that way.
. zan retsu ken is generally the same, in concept, just a bit different, yet again, i wasn't intended on making a very accurate conversion. that would defeat the whole purpose, the purpose of this character was for me to release a version of mr. karate that was in my taste.
.counter are pretty much same, not much different.
.uppercut is edited a bit to my liking.
. I agree that his svc style flying kick is much different, but the regular version bored me.
. kof 2k2 style flying kick is much different, its the way i like it.
. haoh ken is harder, better, faster, and stronger.
.ryuuko ranbu is much different, yet again, the regular one bores me, its actually modeled after the way ryo does his in cvs2, I liked the way he did it in that game :)
trance addict for life.
Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:48:40 pm by Neo_Zurz
#8  May 12, 2008, 12:37:01 am
just a bit different, yet again, i wasn't intended on making a very accurate conversion
You're basing yourself on the look of the moves. Of course the sprites and animation sequences are the same, but- both versions of the flying kick fly way too damn fast and the direction they go in are fucked up. It's not just that they aren't accurate, it's that they look fucked up. The animations for specials and normals are just wrong (and I mean the timings, not the sequence in which the sprites show up)

From what you did and the way you replied to me, it looks like you are only comparing details like how you modified the uppercut ; what I'm talking about is things like how the KoF2K2 version of the Hien Shippuu kyaku (flying kick) just looks weird, the velocities are completely unnatural, and same for the hitvels ; the SvC version has... screwed up hitvels, just look at how the opponent is flying up and down, it's just not natural.
What I'm talking about is simple details like... how the concepts of gravity and weight don't even seem to exist with this character. Just have a look at how your crouch HK hits : do you seriously believe you can see something as whacked up as that in any actual game ? The opponent goes flying up way too high, and toward you. This just doesn't look normal. It doesn't even work as a proper launcher. Look at your dash forward, how does something that fast look any natural ?
The laws of physics just don't exist when playing with this character.
And I haven't even started talking about clsns and combos.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:46:34 am by Baiken
#9  May 12, 2008, 01:11:02 am
I agree about the launchers, as Einferias Wolfmage already pointed out, they aren't done well. and I'll probably work on them.
for the kof2k2 flying kick, I like the speed and direction. I don't see a big problem with it. I am well aware of the way for example the strong version flies diagonally into the air without gravity. then gravity is turned on. I like the way it looks. if i made it parabolic, it would destroy the vision I wanted to fulfill for myself a year ago. I just wanted to have that exact move. I loved the way that kick sent opponents straight down. but I wanted to make it better for mr. karate. so this is what I did. I like the speed, its just the way i want it. what's it too fast for? I want him to be able to kick ass in the blink of an eye  :-\
its that speed because through trial and error and found that speed in my favor the most, its that way because I like it that way.
as for the other flying kick thats the only speed that feels right to me sending p2 up the way it does. i might change that one too though still, i felt like giving it that "piercing arrow effect".
maybe I'll have p2 not go as high, but I still want p2 to go high. sorry not changing that part. I might try to make it look better though.
I'd say the laws of physics exist 67% of the time.
I like moves with bizarre effects, what matters say 50% to me is how cool his moves look.
trance addict for life.
Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:54:48 am by Neo_Zurz
#10  May 12, 2008, 01:16:38 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Nice debug spam.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#11  May 12, 2008, 01:56:06 am
  • i have a premonition~
    • aryaffection.tripod.com
this char is creepy
#12  May 12, 2008, 02:23:47 am
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
Havent tried him, but he looks and sounds like he needs some work/balancing out for people that just leave there mugen life at normal. Im not changing my life, so 1 char will work out allright.

Thats just fucktarded.

BUT! I love how he looks, so nice job editing!  ::)
Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:28:15 am by Drunk Ryu
#13  May 12, 2008, 02:55:36 am
i fixed the debug flood just give me several minutes to reupdate him.
trance addict for life.
#14  May 12, 2008, 03:03:34 am
  • The Legend Will Never Die
    • Mexico
Twitter: @vans1belmont
1.1 AZRAEL #GDLK

DMK

#15  May 12, 2008, 03:38:11 am
  • SuDR3arHEex+α
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
It's like I'm the fist of the motherfucking northstar.
#16  May 12, 2008, 04:03:02 am
trance addict for life.
Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:25:18 am by Neo_Zurz
#17  May 13, 2008, 03:59:05 pm
  • The One and Only
    • UK
Isn't this guy known to some as Serious Mr Karate? I swear I saw the name on Wiki.

Maybe its the very dark pallete and the longer hair but I don't think he looks like his SVC Chaos conterpart that much.
To play or not to play: That is the question......
#18  May 13, 2008, 08:24:21 pm
Isn't this guy known to some as Serious Mr Karate?
That's what "honki ni natta" means, yes...
#19  May 14, 2008, 03:44:01 am
Maybe its the very dark pallete and the longer hair but I don't think he looks like his SVC Chaos conterpart that much.
I explained in the first post why I change his skin color, its because of how much the promotional drawings inspired me. like that one where he looks a bit tribal, with an old man's belly. I just think it looks cooler.
     edit*I've updated mr karate a 6th time, I changed his svc flying kick, the one that goes through the opponent, now the light version does a double kick sending opponent down, and strong version knees him or her up, then pierces through opponent, leaving him or her spinning in the air while falling, providing for air combo opportunity. (hopefully this rendition may come to Byakko's appeal, at least alittle :/)
trance addict for life.
Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:24:53 am by Neo_Zurz
#20  May 14, 2008, 04:07:39 pm
  • The One and Only
    • UK
So is he much better now or does he still have bugs?
To play or not to play: That is the question......