YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 209309 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#141  March 26, 2019, 02:51:16 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLQb3U98wHk[/youtube]

Yes they're 100% confirmed!!!
This looks hot  :truestory: I am surprised to see Shiki in, now this makes me wonder if there will be a chance to see Asura in, maybe he might be DLC character  :P

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#142  March 26, 2019, 04:09:05 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I believe this will have a new boss, like it always happened in previous games. Would be cool if Ambrosia finally appeared as an actual boss.

I'm also hoping they announce Gen-An and Wan Fu, so far they're the only characters from the original cast still missing.
#143  March 26, 2019, 04:32:14 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I'm kind of hoping they bring back Zankuro for the final boss. He was a legit threat as a big man who could swing a mean sword.
#144  March 26, 2019, 05:13:36 am
    • Brazil
#145  March 26, 2019, 05:23:39 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#146  March 26, 2019, 06:16:03 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i missed the half second clip of hanzo. does this mean gen-an is the only original rep left to be confirmed? or did i somehow miss him too
#147  March 26, 2019, 12:46:55 pm
did i just saw shiki?
#148  March 26, 2019, 02:51:54 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#149  March 27, 2019, 01:42:25 pm
  • For honor!
I don't think the antagonist is going to be a returning character. Charlotte's stage, being a callback to her stage in Samurai Shodown 2, has a big mural where the cast is gathered against what looks to be some kind of winged, angel-like figure. I am pretty anxious to see what the heck that will turn out to be.

I will say from watching all this gameplay footage again and again to get a feel for the system, I do have my worries about the loading times (Is this playstation Samurai Shodown 3 all over again?) and the launch Street Fighter 5 levels of content (Literally the same number of characters and stages slated to be available at launch). Other than that, the system itself appears solid. It looks like a good mixture of the first 2 games in terms of footsies emphasis and 4 in terms of overall system but without the stupid dial-combos and hopefully nowhere near as stupidly broken, and apparently the exceeds from SVC Chaos because why not.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:45:33 pm by Alpaca-San
#150  March 27, 2019, 08:55:27 pm
The load times are likely because the game hasn't been optimized yet, KoF XIII had similar loading issues before its console launch.

Neo_G considers SSII to be his favorite, he's very much about the classics in game design. I hope they get the online right from the get-go this time with no bugs. And rollback netcode but that's a bit optimistic.
#151  March 30, 2019, 10:37:02 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#152  March 30, 2019, 11:07:21 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Making brand new characters is a curious decision seeing this is set between SS5 and 1.
I makes you wonder what their place is in the next chronological games.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#153  March 30, 2019, 11:18:26 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
She wields a great sword?

Sold.
#154  March 30, 2019, 11:28:32 pm
Making brand new characters is a curious decision seeing this is set between SS5 and 1.
I makes you wonder what their place is in the next chronological games.
Based on her design ? "She went back to some other country / her home country / wandering the sea" sounds like an easy guess (I know, SamSho has a bunch of "foreigner" characters who stick around)

All the super moves so far :

(thumbnail is misleading, no Yoshitora or Hanzo) (I realize that there was a 44 minute long gameplay video earlier, I didn't watch much of that because fuck watching a 44 minute long video, so I'm not sure if all of that footage was already there)
You know, seeing so much blood splattered all over everyone's face, up close and moving around, is getting a little bit unsettling, that's good enough for that R rating despite the apparent lack of dismemberment action (I almost thought Shiki beheaded Yoshitora in that trailer sequence, but no).
BTW that music for the trailer is real nice.

edit - checking out Maximilian's video about it, he says you can chop people in half after all ? Dunno why they haven't advertised it yet since that's a fairly big thing in SamSho.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:49:26 pm by Byakko
#155  March 31, 2019, 12:06:46 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, when you finish a match with a heavy slash, your opponent's body gets cut up but without the cinematic finish. I think only cinematic supers got that special finish anyway now that I think about it. I love the new character's design, I just hope people can warm up to the idea of new characters in the timeline.
#156  March 31, 2019, 12:19:31 am
Really ? I'm checking out some more gameplay vids and I'm not seeing anything like that, and I'm seeing a bunch of heavy finishing hits. Is it something that can be turned off and they're just not showing it right now for some reason ? Is there any video that actually shows it ?

(I don't like this new version of Nakoruru's theme)

edit - oh, yeah, I see it. https://youtu.be/TpYMgRVvsBQ?t=1115 it's a lot more subtle than I expected. Wouldn't notice if I wasn't looking for it...

Ah, thanks. Yeah, that's a bit tame and anticlimactic.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 12:35:41 am by Byakko
#157  March 31, 2019, 12:31:56 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#158  March 31, 2019, 12:59:08 am
#159  March 31, 2019, 08:31:20 am
darli dagger's design looks like northern tribemen from luzon or taiwan.
#160  March 31, 2019, 02:26:49 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller