YesNoOk

Editing effects into Hi-Res (Read 99239 times)

Started by PotS, July 27, 2008, 01:13:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Editing effects into Hi-Res
#281  January 04, 2011, 11:49:20 pm
    • Canada
I know this thread probably isn't as active anymore, but I need some advice.

Do you guys know any other tricks/filters I can use for animations? I tend to use the Wave filter a lot and mix it with Radial blur, but it turns out terrible for some animations. So I was just wondering what other tricks and filters I could look into and experiment with.

GT

#282  January 05, 2011, 12:03:18 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
^ What he said.

I usually end up using motion blur, guassian blur, glow, and ripple. It'd be great to learn of a few more tricks. :)
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#283  January 05, 2011, 12:22:55 am
    • Canada
Indeed. I mean, those filters are still great to combine a lot of the times. But for some other effects, it just doesn't deliver. And these effects I'm working on are quite standard.
#284  January 05, 2011, 12:49:35 am
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M
Sometimes I use the wind distortion effect, but it wont work well with some effects. I mainly use Radial Blur with wave in it.

And for the purpose of this thread, I was making some hi-res effects for some of my characters.

Zero's buster shots from Megaman X5;

And the hi res one; Done with 200x resize, radial blur, unsharpen mask, and wave filters

Here's also Terry's Power Wave from CvS, kinda did this one for fun.

And the hi res one with 200x resize, radial blur, unsharpen mask, radial blur again, and wind filters;

uguu
Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:55:56 am by The guy who doesnt play as Spy
#285  January 06, 2011, 02:54:15 am
    • Canada
Sometimes I use the wind distortion effect, but it wont work well with some effects. I mainly use Radial Blur with wave in it.

And for the purpose of this thread, I was making some hi-res effects for some of my characters.

Zero's buster shots from Megaman X5;

And the hi res one; Done with 200x resize, radial blur, unsharpen mask, and wave filters

I like what you did with this animation. I wish some of my would turn out just as good sometimes.

Lemme ask, what settings did you use for the wave filter?
#286  January 06, 2011, 03:06:22 am
    • USA
The settings? Like the wavelength and stuff like that?

Otherwise, I just duplicated the layer, added the wave filter, and reduced the transparency so it would blend in.

uguu
#287  January 06, 2011, 04:28:27 am
    • Canada
Yeah, the Wavelength. I can imagine that it's not too strong. I usually keep it at 1 or 2 depending on the animation. I use the same method though. This animation is just difficult to work with I suppose XD.
#288  January 12, 2011, 08:01:53 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#289  January 12, 2011, 10:53:20 pm
    • USA
Yeah, the Wavelength. I can imagine that it's not too strong. I usually keep it at 1 or 2 depending on the animation. I use the same method though. This animation is just difficult to work with I suppose XD.

Yeah, I used around 2.

You do realize that you've lost almost all of the detail of the effect with this method right?
Yeah... like I said, I was testing this effect. It's probably because of the wind filter, plus the unsharpen mask

uguu