YesNoOk

Gato Z2 (Read 11533 times)

Started by Jango, April 02, 2013, 01:05:59 pm
Share this topic:
Gato Z2
#1  April 02, 2013, 01:05:59 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
First of all, what are you doing you sloppy fatties?! Gato is out now, download him!

Now the reason why this thread is here is because as you probably noticed, Gato is very sparse, feature-wise. Unlike other April Fool's releases which were pretty much set and forget, Gato will be updated and I do have plans to add more fun stuff to him. Some things planned:

- Some more graphics
- Possibly get Balthazar to do some transition frames so it doesn't look so jerky
- Gotta clean up some of the older sprites to match the newer ones.
- More sound effects (namely for the walk)

Additionally, remember how Chrono Trigger had a palette swap enemy late in the game named Cybot? Well, I'm going to develop that too, as an alt .def file that you can use to fight. The main gameplan differences between Cybot and Gato are:

- He doesn't sing except for his singing super.
- He does a bit more damage.
- He gains the ability to drop iron balls from the sky. Debating on how damaging this attack should be, and if it should be a super or a normal move.

Finally, Iced has been idea-engineering an EX mode for Gato, which I am going to dub JIB mode. This iteration won't be accurate to any form of Gato or Cybot, but it will be retooled to have a lot of references to Gato's character, Chrono Trigger's universe, and even some Toriyama homages.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

- Palettes. Whatever palettes you can conjur up for Gato would be excellent, and will probably end up in here. I'll take as many as I can, especially since I don't want to reuse palettes between Gato/Cybot/JIB.

You can of course post these publicly!

- Voice Acting! Do you consider yourself to be an awesome VA? Well, hang on a sec because there are some ground rules here.
      - Your only lines will be singing in a deep voice. Practice that crooning!
      - All the lyrics will be in Japanese. The American script simply doesn't flow with the melody, unlike the Japanese version.
      - For your audition, here is your clip for reference:

If you're interested, throw a PM in my direction with your audition, and lemme know! You can and will be compensated if I pick you to do his other songs.
Re: Gato Z2
#2  April 02, 2013, 01:26:21 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I can probably be fooled into helping you out some more :)
After all, stuff with my name linked to it shouldn't have choppy animations!
#3  April 02, 2013, 04:11:01 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Holy Shit, this is going to be fun :)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#4  April 02, 2013, 09:41:04 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I can probably be fooled into helping you out some more :)
After all, stuff with my name linked to it shouldn't have choppy animations!
Heh, nah, I know you're awesome at this, and my request was really weird in the first place. I'll send you a PM when I'm back home. It's mostly just transitioning between some anims (two off the top of my head). If Iced wants additional stuff sprited for JIB mode, he can take care of it himself (that cheap bastard).

After fighting against him more, I might change some of his damage values and walking vels. The former because I just realized how hard it is for a close-range fighter to fight him, and the latter because those are just ripped off from KFM (lol) and he should probably be slower.

Additionally I just noticed his mouthpiece changes color sometimes, so I'm going to edit it for consistency (just a recolor, mostly).
#5  April 02, 2013, 09:55:46 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I'd like to make some palettes, but when I opened him in FFU or FFC the sprites wouldn't show up, any chance a template could be put up?
#6  April 02, 2013, 09:58:47 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Huh, weird, I'll look into that. But yeah, I'll put up a palette image when I get home.
#7  April 02, 2013, 10:18:44 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Yeah, tried it again, in FFC it just says "stream read error" in FFU when you open the .sff file it doesn't open any sprites at all. I appreciate the template when you get the chance :)
#8  April 02, 2013, 11:38:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Moves

Iron smash- ball falls from the sky on chain. can reuse hsienko materials.

Cat swarm-hatch pops up, stream of cats pour out, crono really should be looking after those guys better.

Object throw: hatch pops up, random object comes out, this includes
masamune: sword is shot out and gets stuck either on the wall or on the opponent
dragonball: no dragons here, just balls
tiny gatos, they ran up to the opponent and grab onto them, paralysing them
A cat, does nothing the cat plops out and just walks around the stage.
seed shot, does no damage, a flower grows out of the opponent head.pos ( use flower from bulleta crouch )
iron bowling- hatch pops up, bowling ball falls out and slowly rolls out.

portal malfunction, chrono trigger portal pops up, dinosaurs ran out of it, alternatively robots run out of it, even a row of cybots could do.

The cursed song: red musical symbol pops out and flies forward, causes anakaris transformation

Laugh gas- hatch opens up and nearby gas cloud pops out- opponent starts taunting repeatedly while laugh words appear around him

Plunger- hatch opens up, plunger comes out with rope tied to it, if it hits the opponent it drags them into him.

The centennial bell- a bell sprite falls from above, over the opponent, gato strikes it repeatedly until it cracks apart.( im sure there are bell sprites around but i cant really remember where )

the power of music , hatch pops up and shoots out a megaphone , that hits the opponent square in the head, dizzying them, curtains plop down and open up, revealing gato in the karaoke stage from lilith gloomy puppet show, you then have to do a small mini game and the better you do the larger the explosion when gato overheats from the applause, mean while the opponent is sitting in a daze with a question mark over their head.
#9  April 02, 2013, 11:46:02 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/ramza.neko.52

Chrono gonna get some silver points
#10  April 03, 2013, 02:51:56 am
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
Looks really well shaded, Im not good at spriting but the hair looks a lil small, and the arm muscles look a lil big for Crono.
#11  April 03, 2013, 02:56:49 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ those are the exaggerated proportions in order to fit the Z2 style, a la capcom.

I don´t know what character is this, but looks and perhaps I could some colors because it looks fun.

Waiting for a template.
Chilling
#12  April 03, 2013, 03:11:06 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Hair is indeed too short for Chrono, sprite looks real nice otherwise.
#13  April 03, 2013, 03:57:46 am
    • Brazil
Its based on Chrono from Chrono Trigger Ressurection ( Or Chrono Trigger 64), the canceled great fangame that was goin to be developed by a professional group...
The hair there is a bit smaller but well I think I could make some more hair on him.

More to add, I would love to make a Chrono on the future, its the first game after Zelda that bound me on the PC until the end!

Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:07:55 am by RamzaNeko
#14  April 03, 2013, 05:09:48 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
While it's understandable to base it on that fine model, wouldn't it be fitting to the Z2 style for Chrono to have that bigass Goku hair? Hea hea hea hea hea.

Shit
#15  April 03, 2013, 05:27:19 am
    • Brazil
While it's understandable to base it on that fine model, wouldn't it be fitting to the Z2 style for Chrono to have that bigass Goku hair? Hea hea hea hea hea.

enough bananas on goku head
#16  April 03, 2013, 09:09:19 am
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
Doesn't even have to be as big as Goku's hair just as big as Gohan SSJ from the cell games, its obvious they share a resemblance, at least in head/hair design.
#17  April 03, 2013, 10:55:10 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
guys wtf is crono doing in my thread

SO I just found out that I forgot a color in the SFF and fucked up the palette royally in the initial release, so that'll be fixed in the next update (along with some transitions and probably Cybot mode). That was pretty embarassing!

Template for anyone who wants to make palettes. The color order isn't exactly like that, I'll be adapting whatever submissions I get. And just so you don't make anything I've already made, here are the Gato and Cybot default palettes:

#18  April 03, 2013, 11:29:42 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
okay I gave one a go.

#19  April 03, 2013, 01:00:55 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Not enough black robots around!