YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 824018 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Thread
#41  November 04, 2016, 08:31:47 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
MVC3 art was done by Shinkiro...
#42  November 04, 2016, 08:40:08 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
You are mistaking with Tatsunoko VS Capcom LOL

MvC3/UMvC3 was other artist[or a another team of artists]. Shinkiro did only the cover artworks.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#43  November 04, 2016, 08:43:14 pm
    • Mexico
I wouldn't really mind who's added as long as there are characters I can enjoy using (although I'd love to see Hawkeye back), not even if there aren't any X-Men, if they could take over one game, then I don't see any problem with the Avengers doing the same thing.
#44  November 04, 2016, 08:54:27 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Since the focus now is whether MvC4 is genuine or fake, I want to expose my opinion about something that bothered me in recent fighting crossovers games from Capcom. This will sounds stupid, but I think some people will get what I want to say lol

Something that has always been present in the old games was the fact that we have a dedicated Japanese team for the art design in that old crossover games.

The screenshots below we can see the difference between a Western and an Eastern team staff. [UMVC3 and MvC2]

The eastern futuristic design gave a neutral sensation that really went the impression that we had a duel between two worlds. And that along the glorious art by Bengus [Capcom designer at that age], which gave a perfect hybrid between the manga and the Jim Lee comic style, gave this neutrality.

Already in MvC3 [And the Ultimate] had a drastic change. We had a more western look, there's no more a neutral thing in game design. It's more based on Marvel comics and it took that neutrality between the two teams, alongside with the fact that the 2.5d be that weird plastic model. In this subject, Tatsunoko VS Capcom was much superior in that premise for giving the impression that we were seeing a game in the style of Dragon Ball Budokai with cell-shading that was glorious for anime characters and even comics.

And the OST also bothered me in MvC3. No more the faithful soundtrack to games adapted to the current age. It's was all electronic or "dubstep-ping", which I found ridiculous in some character themes that did not was needed. This gave the impression that I was playing another SF4 and not a crossover game from Capcom.

If MvC4 happens, I really hope that the production team can be more Japanese than Western, or at least they could gave a more neutral looking game. I want something neutral, with classic art of crossovers and even a soundtrack that is not something cringy. It's a critique from who played all the MvC games and grow up seeing the classic design D:

But anyway, it's up to the producers[if MvC4 turns real] to do what they want even in the design thing. Unless the game is good and have a good gameplay, the minus thing can be ignored. :)
- Donations is welcome
#45  November 04, 2016, 09:18:32 pm
look at the credits in mvc3 and tell me that's a western developed game
#46  November 04, 2016, 09:31:16 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I have never liked the look of MvC2 and find the comic book/comic panels of 3 preferable

And the portraits are going to be the in game models, that's just how most games roll these days 

And I like the music of MvC2 aesthetically but let's not pretend it's epic fighting game music
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#47  November 04, 2016, 09:36:13 pm
my biggest gripe with mvc3 is the lack of select screen art (regardless of style) instead of just using the 3d models. mvc2's menu stuff was insanely generic and the music wasn't suitable
#48  November 04, 2016, 09:49:34 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
And the OST also bothered me in MvC3. No more the faithful soundtrack to games adapted to the current age. It's was all electronic or "dubstep-ping", which I found ridiculous in some character themes that did not was needed. This gave the impression that I was playing another SF4 and not a crossover game from Capcom.
This is a really odd thing to say since im pretty sure there was not a single dubstep-like song in MVC3 and while I do like the MVC2 soundtrack, it sure as fuck was not "faithful" in any manner. I mean electronic or not, MVC3 soundtrack was actually remixes of the classic character themes.

Also yeah MVC3 was still largely Japanese developed, so that whole post is dumb shit.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#49  November 04, 2016, 09:50:09 pm
Marvel 2 is definitely the weakest on an artistic level, even with Bengus' portraits. Not nearly as stylized as Marvel 1, 3 or the games before it.

Though I wouldn't mind 4 taking what 2 did and giving it a more unique makeover. More modern than a comic motif.
#50  November 04, 2016, 10:08:39 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I really loved the visual style of MvC1...but it didn't really scream Marvel to me. Capcom could've used it for Darkstalkers or Cyberbots (considering the outer space theme) and it'd work just as fine or even better.

fun fact: I spent an entire weekend ripping and animating the MvC1 intro screen because the only mugen screenpack for mugen (Doorhenge's) had a cropped version logo.
#51  November 04, 2016, 10:12:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
This is a really odd thing to say since im pretty sure there was not a single dubstep-like song in MVC3 and while I do like the MVC2 soundtrack, it sure as fuck was not "faithful" in any manner. I mean electronic or not, MVC3 soundtrack was actually remixes of the classic character themes.

Even being remixes of character themes, are still a thing more based on electro-dance than being a re-creation of a original music themes.

Compare this

With this LOL

It's hard to not notice what the difference.
- Donations is welcome
#52  November 04, 2016, 10:22:28 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
look at the credits in mvc3 and tell me that's a western developed game

When I say "western", I mean visually looking.

Like you said for example, the character select screen. I always saw a certain "neutrality" and a abstract spatial/futuristic look on the old games before the third installment, now it looks more like a Marvel only game than a co-op production based one.

Even for the character models for portraits, looks kinda uninspired, even if compared with the Shinkiro's art on Tatsunoko VS Capcom.

Though I wouldn't mind 4 taking what 2 did and giving it a more unique makeover. More modern than a comic motif.

Exact what I want to say
- Donations is welcome
#53  November 04, 2016, 10:30:59 pm
#54  November 04, 2016, 10:33:46 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
I didn't remembered MvC3 have japanese artists for the design, when you look this game and compare with TvC[Both Cross and UAS] you can see a big change

Honestly? I always prefered the way they did with Tatsunoko VS Capcom[Cross Generation] visual than they did with MvC3. Most of the classic abstract design elements from the classic games was still present on this game. [This is a very minus thing, so if this is important for ones or not-so-important for others, it's doens't matter much]
- Donations is welcome
#55  November 04, 2016, 10:44:29 pm

Nah. MvC3 looks loads better.
#56  November 04, 2016, 10:47:50 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Oh, another thing but it's more for MvC3 original version.. I never will get why they did to change the whole style from original MvC3 to that lazy UMvC3.

Character Screen from the vanilla version looked more nice than the UMvC3 version. Even the huds looked more classic and more "capcom-ish" than the horrible UMvC3 ones.

- Donations is welcome
#57  November 04, 2016, 10:52:12 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Ok, you dont like umvc3.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#58  November 04, 2016, 10:53:40 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Even being remixes of character themes, are still a thing more based on electro-dance than being a re-creation of a original music themes.
Well, being a remix kinda means by definition that it's not a "re-creation".

Neither you not liking MVC3 music, or liking TvC music more is an argument for why MVC3's music is un-authentic or whatever. Especially in comparison to MVC2.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#59  November 04, 2016, 10:55:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Ok, you dont like umvc3.

If this doens't are a problem for anyone, yes, I don't like that game.

Neither you not liking MVC3 music, or liking TvC music more is an argument for why MVC3's music is un-authentic or whatever. Especially in comparison to MVC2.

Definitely ANY recent or older Capcom crossover ost is better than MvC2 soundtrack LOL

EDIT: Well, I just don't like when MvC3 tried to bring a "dance" style of remix, the Amaterasu theme remixed on this game is so out of that character, jesus D:
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:58:51 pm by ShinZankuro
#60  November 04, 2016, 10:59:10 pm
If this doens't are a problem for anyone, yes, I don't like that game.
It's only a problem when you repeatedly spam this boring shit all the time and keep trying to prove a point no one cares about.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.