YesNoOk

Axel Stone (Streets of Rage) (Read 154611 times)

Started by Sean Altly, February 22, 2012, 07:50:45 am
Share this topic:
Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
#1  February 22, 2012, 07:50:45 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So while I code some characters, I'm also working on Axel Stone's sprites. As I mentioned in another thread, these should be the easiest ones out of the poll winners, due to his simple design and readily available animation bases. Here are a few of his completed animations:

I'm having a bit of trouble fleshing out a complete moveset without flat-out stealing Buckus'. I contacted MDD, who is a big SoR fan, for move ideas. I then decided to go ahead and make this thread even though it's pretty early on. Here is what's planned for sure, although these move names are based on a basic knowledge of the game and a trip to a SoR wiki, so they may be wrong.

Unique tactic:

Need ideas for this.

Command Moves:

Roundhouse - F+HK
   Axel does a high roundhouse kick. Standing in front of the opponent knocks them down, while using it as an anti-air leaves the opponent in a juggle state that allows you to combo them.

Shovel Hook - F+LP
   Axel punches the opponent at a 45 degree angle.

Backhand Punch - F+HP
   Axel backhands and smacks the opponent in the face with his knuckles.

Special Moves:

-Grand Upper - F, D, DF + P
   Axel does his iconic uppercut attack. Goes further and does more hit with each strength.

-Dragon Wing - D, DF, F + P
   Axel performs a powerful circular punch that creates a flaming dragon. Eats 1-hit projectiles like Bison's Psycho Crusher. EX version can take 2 hits.

-Mad Kicks - D, DF, F + K
   Axel moves forward a little and performs two quick kick. The HK version knocks the opponent down, and the EX version makes the opponent bounce off the wall for juggles.

-Going Straight - D, DB, B + K
    Axel dashes forward and connects with one of three attacks. LP is a rushing hook that doesn't have much range, HP hits with a wooden plank/bat/pipe, EX does a upward slash with the katana.

***POSSIBLE SPECIAL***

-Fuze Counter - D, DB, B + P (could also be D, D + P)
   Axel gets in a ready position and counters any physical attack that hits him. LP counters crouching attacks and has him kick the opponent in the head, HP counters standing and jumping attacks and has him headbutt the opponent, EX is the same as HP but instead has him pull out a wooden plank/steel pipe/bat and knock the opponent away and does more damage.

Level 1 Supers:

-Dragon Smash - D,DF,F,S
   Axel hits his opponent with a flurry of strikes, and then finishes them with a "Tiger Uppercut." First hit must connect and not be blocked, otherwise the super doesn't happen.

-Grand Hook - F,D,DF,S
    Axel does a spinning flame punch along the ground that ends with an extremely powerful, multi-hit version of Grand Upper.

Level 3 Supers:

-Calling All Cars - D,DB,B,S
    Axel receives help from his police friends, who fire a rocket launcher towards his enemy that creates a huge explosion. This is based on the Special move from SoR1.

*Credit to MDD for help with the moveset

Let me know what you guys think, and I'll keep this updated.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:16:23 am by SeanAltly
Re: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
#2  February 22, 2012, 08:03:15 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
For more special moves you could use his weapon attacks i'll try to find a video of them if you need it.

With knife/kunai
----------------
Throw - B
1 hit with 8 HP

With bat/pipe/plank
-------------------
Dashing strike - Forward, forward, B
2 hits with 8+24=32 HP

With sword
----------
Upward slash - Forward, forward, B
1 hit x 32 HP (going forward or up) or 24 HP (going down)

Force bolts - Forward+A
1 hit x 28 HP, also gives invulnerability
#3  February 22, 2012, 08:47:51 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, for specials, a weapon thing would be neat.
Dunno if it'd clash too much if he had the ability to pick up weapon's on the ground or make them fall down when hit or after they've been used a certain amount of times.

For the Lv3, I'd prefer something more original involving à move à la Kyosuke, where he'd call his 2 friends and they perform a combo attack on the opponent (namely he'd call Blaze and Hunter).

All the basics seem to be here, so I'll let MDD handle the additional ideas. :P
#4  February 22, 2012, 08:50:14 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well, I didn't want to involve Blaze in a super since she'll be in the game as a full-playable character, and if I couldn't use Blaze, I decided there wasn't much of a point in a move like that. Not to mention, if I do use a striker system in this game, Adam or Max would most likely be his striker.

Download Last Bout now!
#5  February 22, 2012, 05:35:50 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I don't see the issue in a similar moveset to Buckus's.  It's the same character, so ultimately they should have pretty similar moves and animations. 
#6  February 22, 2012, 07:31:44 pm
Only 2 specials?

Sad face
#7  February 22, 2012, 08:48:45 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA

Download Last Bout now!
#8  February 22, 2012, 08:52:05 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Random throwing weapon summon? Like he could call for something like a bomb, throwing knife or pepper shaker?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#9  February 22, 2012, 09:51:01 pm
Oh hey, this is pretty nifty! Nice job on the sprites so far! I like to play Streets of Rage 2 fairly often, so maybe I can offer some suggestions. It looks like you've looked into SOR3, which had some nice stuff introduced such as the dashing weapon attacks. That could work fairly well for him with different versions of it, Light Punch being the Bat, Heavy Punch being the Pipe and EX being the Katana. Outside of SOR for other influences though, maybe some Cody stuff? Zonk Knuckle could probably work for Axel.

Edit: Dashing attacks is pretty similar to what Girard said actually, whoops my bad.
Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:01:54 pm by DrLeopard
#10  February 22, 2012, 10:01:58 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Random throwing weapon summon? Like he could call for something like a bomb, throwing knife or pepper shaker?

I actually thought of something like that, but would that be a reliable move? I mean, in the heat of a fight would you want to throw out a move that has a random result? Though I guess it works for Hsien Ko. This is probably something I'll do.

I don't see the issue in a similar moveset to Buckus's.  It's the same character, so ultimately they should have pretty similar moves and animations. 

That's a good point, I guess I just wanted to differentiate my version more. But, if it ends up like this, I guess it won't be a big deal. I'll just give Buckus tons of credit (I actually really dig his stuff). Although MDD said he had basically worked out his idea for an entire moveset since a CVS version of Axel has been a "dream character" of his, so we'll see what he has to say as well.

@Girard and DrLeopard

Yeah, I didn't even really know about those moves, but now that I do, that makes things way easier. The Zonk Knuckle thing gives me an idea. I'm not going to take any moves from Cody, but it makes me realize that when Capcom put Cody in SFA3, they did kind of just invent some moves for him. I could just invent a move or two for him if push comes to shove.

Download Last Bout now!
#11  February 22, 2012, 11:51:29 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Only thing I don't like is the reinforcements super :(

MDD

#12  February 23, 2012, 12:54:01 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
From the top of my head, without thinking:

-In the SOR2 beta, Axel had Tiger Uppercut and Hurricane Kick. While they are pretty straight forward and not too original, maybe a re-imagination of them could work. Like, Hurricane Kick could stay in place and rise up a bit, and the overall time duration of the move wouldn't last too long. Tiger Uppercut....well, it's not really that necessary with Grand Upper. Maybe it could be turned into a unique normal? :P

-Another unique normal could be something borrowed from SOR2 boss Barbon, which is his Roundhouse. It could work like Sagat and Guile's High Kick in that it's a great anti-air that can be comboed after from. It could al

-His hold attack+release kicks can be turned into the QCF+K special. Light does 2 kicks, Medium does 3 kicks, Heavy does 3 regular kicks then roundhouses them and knocks them away. EX does the same as Heavy but causes a wallbounce.

-His throws. Neutral throw does his grab+attack 3 times throw AKA knee them in the gut 3 times then knees them in the face. Forward throw is his behind-regular throw AKA jump over the opponent really quick and then jump and throw them to the ground. Back throw would be his behind-back throw AKA the suplex.

-Maybe he could have a wavedash to compensate for the lack of projectile or long range moves?

-Break from SOR3 EX mode

This is all just off the top of my head, but I have MUCH more ideas. If you want, I could cook up a complete moveset. Also, i'd like to once again how excited I am for him, but you and probably everybody else already know how much of a SOR junkie I am. Hopefully you release him separately as well.

Also, yadda yadda palettes blah.
#13  February 23, 2012, 02:04:26 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Thank you sir and feel free to use anything you like from my Axel. For a special (or super) I think a move similar to Kyo's 182 shiki would work well with Axel (the big flame punch). Actually, a lot of Kyo's moves would work with Axel
#14  February 23, 2012, 03:07:23 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-Yeah, I thought I'd seen somewhere that he had a Hurricane Kick, and considering the animation is there, a Tiger/Dragon Uppercut would be easy. I think I'll stay away from it though, just for originality's sake.

-May need to find a vid of that, because I don't know which move you're talking about right off the bat.

-Yeah, a friend and I did a SoR3 playthrough today and I saw that kick move. It could easily be a special. I want to note that CvtW system just uses two strengths of attack, so he'd have one light, one heavy, and an EX version.

-His throws would be exactly as you described pretty much. Although, I don't know where to work in a third one without having to make a command grab special, which I know I do a lot and am trying to stay away from. Will probably just stick with the multiple knees for a forward and the suplex as a back throw. I also want to work in his headbutt somewhere.

-Well, I'm considering a dashing move that uses his bat/plank swing and his sword upper, like Buckus'. That would be a good rush-down/pressure move, though it might clash or overlap with Grand Upper/Bare Knuckle.

-Not sure what the Break thing is from SoR3 EX mode. A vid might help.

-Feel free to give me any more ideas, man. You know way more about this than me. I've played all three games but am in no way an expert. I mean, I didn't even really know about the dashing weapon attacks. Also, I'll have a palette template for you soon. Don't use the .gifs I posted because they don't have color separation.

@ Buckus

Thanks man, I really dig your stuff and I probably will end up taking a lot of inspiration from your Axel.

@ Balthazar

I like it though, it was the Special attack from the first SoR, and it gives him something other than a straight up physical attack as a super. :P

Download Last Bout now!
#15  February 23, 2012, 03:17:34 am
i think he should have weapons in some way, but a weapon pickup system sounds like too much of a hassle. i suppose you could use food in some way (with the risk of the opponent also picking it up) but i'm not too hot on that idea. the sprites are looking great!

MDD

#16  February 23, 2012, 03:29:55 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
-I guessed as much.

-If you mean Sagat's kick, it's this. If you mean Barbon's, then I don't have a video because every boss battle of him on youtube is done without getting hit. :P
It's the same animation though, just reversed.

-Yeah, I thought there was 3 strengths each for some reason. Light could be 2 hits, Heavy 2 hits then the knockaway and EX the wallbounce one.

-Does MOOJIN not support neutral, forward and backward throws? Eh, whatever, the other one was a long shot anyways. You could have his forward throw end with the headbutt instead of more knees, if you want.

-I was talking more along the lines of Kazuya in SFxT having a wavedash that goes under projectiles, not a physical attack. :P

-It was a joke. Break is a boss from SOR3 that was essentially Robo-Axel and turned faster and redder with the more damage he received, until he explodes. I was thinking "maybe it would be kinda funny if he was a useless-but-neat EX mode" ubt it was not serious.

-Definitely. I'll cook up a faux-moveset later with the suggestions you gave me. And yeah, i'm really looking forward to seeing what I come up with in terms of palettes.
#17  February 23, 2012, 03:33:20 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Couldn't find a video of him using most of his weapon moves but i did find the sprites of them if you don't want him to have a Tiger/Dragon Uppercut you can just replace it with his sword upward slash  and maybe use dashing strike as a charge move not sure about the sword projectile though. That's all i can think of for Axel I'll leave the rest to MDD as he seems to have a better idea of how to make Axel than i do.

found a video that showed the Dashing strike also shows Break. if you still need it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfwchO8w4k
#18  February 23, 2012, 04:05:58 am
It would be awesome if you incorporated the dirtbike dudes in a hyper.  Maybe one of the motorcycles come in from behind Axel and he jump kicks the guy off it, sending the bike into the enemy.  If that's too much maybe an intro/win pose.
#19  February 23, 2012, 04:39:10 am
The move MDD is talking about is on this sheet, on the third row. Sadly I can't find a video of it right now either.

@Girard and DrLeopard

Yeah, I didn't even really know about those moves, but now that I do, that makes things way easier. The Zonk Knuckle thing gives me an idea. I'm not going to take any moves from Cody, but it makes me realize that when Capcom put Cody in SFA3, they did kind of just invent some moves for him. I could just invent a move or two for him if push comes to shove.

That's good! Yeah they did seem to invent some moves for Cody, if you go that route it'd be interesting to see.
#20  February 23, 2012, 07:08:04 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Hmm how about adding that SoR1 special where the police car comes out and launches rockets and making it like his highest level super? He looks great btw ;)
#21  February 23, 2012, 07:21:48 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Hmm how about adding that SoR1 special where the police car comes out and launches rockets and making it like his highest level super? He looks great btw ;)

That's what Calling All Cars is:

Axel receives help from his police friends, who fire a rocket launcher towards his enemy that creates a huge explosion. This is based on the Special move from SoR1.

Download Last Bout now!
#22  February 23, 2012, 09:39:06 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
That's great work, Mr. Altly!

Are you deriving his normals from all three versions of him?
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#23  February 23, 2012, 01:48:33 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada

Ah I see, are you going to give him any team attacks? Kinda like Captain Storm where the rest of his friends would jump in for a brief moment to assist with one big move. If you ever did weapons, I guess the best way would be the way Haggar from MVC3 uses them, where they're just part of his combos *actually if memory serves correctly I think Buckus had some moves like that for his.
#24  February 23, 2012, 05:09:05 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Awesome project!!
I love this design

For the special moves, I suggest:
-Weapon slash (katana or pipe??)
-Rush double kick (kind of huricane kick)

Also, how will be the throw system? Some SOR only mechanics or regular?

Keep up the good work.
#25  February 23, 2012, 10:46:28 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated the move list in the first post. It may change further, getting some good suggestions from you guys and I'm also waiting to see what MDD's full move list looks like.

Download Last Bout now!
#26  February 24, 2012, 12:19:25 am

I completely agree on this, police backup MUST BE a level 3 Hyper...
\\\" It`s so easy to rewrite history when the few that know the truth are made unable to speak for themselves\\\"
Alexander, the last scenario...
#27  February 24, 2012, 12:42:56 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
looks great man. can't wait to see more
#28  February 24, 2012, 02:17:23 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA

I completely agree on this, police backup MUST BE a level 3 Hyper...

Yeah I know, it's been on the movelist from the beginning. I recently switched its positioning with Grand Hook, but it's always been there. Trust me, no one has to convince me of this one, it's definitely happening.

Download Last Bout now!
#29  February 24, 2012, 02:18:59 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I don't know how you do it but yer spritework is great.  ;D
#30  February 24, 2012, 02:19:53 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks man, your edits are good too. Looking forward to those Ermac sprites.

Download Last Bout now!
#31  February 24, 2012, 02:25:39 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Will he have that flip over move? *basically like Fei-Longs command grab* I remember in SoR2 you grabbed an opponent and pressed jump to get behind them...maybe something like that which can be a command grab that leads into other grabs.
#32  February 24, 2012, 02:26:04 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
yeah I sent you the a look at his first gethits. Ermac is coming along slowly but surely. but anyway yer skills are damn good. Mr.X was badass and so was Sub-Zero so I have no doubt that Axel will be awesome.

MDD

#33  February 24, 2012, 03:14:39 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Here's what I came up with so far. Not what I originally had in mind with my "dream movelist", but that was a while back and I can't remember everything. Also, I changed some of the stuff you had around. Don't be mad. :P

As you can see, I added some stuff from some of the enemies/bosses in as well. Give me some critique on this, as I would LOVE to add/modify/replace some moves, since this wasn't that well thought out as I hoped it would be.

Also, yes, I named some of the moves on the track names. I hope you do the same. :P
#34  February 24, 2012, 03:23:21 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, I like all that. The only thing I'm iffy about is the counter special. I know it's different than a command grab, which is good since I've been overusing those, but I also worry if having Geese-like counters would really fit into his gameplay. I also feel like I overuse the counters as well, i.e. CM Punk and a bunch of SHADEs characters (Fray, Moses Maddigan, EX Snow, Laurel, etc.). Otherwise I dig that moveset, and I like the move names better than mine. :D

Download Last Bout now!
#35  February 24, 2012, 07:19:07 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I'm going to assume EX moves probably aren't a concern right now, which makes sense since you're still laying out all the plans for him, and MDD's suggestions are all quite good :)

MDD

#36  February 24, 2012, 07:48:45 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Thanks. I was trying to fit as much SOR stuff as I could, but ultimately what I had in mind is it's really similar to your movelist.

Yeah, the counter move was really a midst of the moment attempt to give him a custom move. I have a few more ideas that could replace it, two of which involve the not-yet-used knife. Let me refine those more and i'll post them. Same with the unique tactic idea. I also have some intro/winpose ideas if you want them.

Also, I still think Break should be an EX mode for him. :P
#37  February 24, 2012, 01:13:06 pm
    • France
I'm not digging this counter move too much honestly. But :
Will he have that flip over move? *basically like Fei-Longs command grab* I remember in SoR2 you grabbed an opponent and pressed jump to get behind them...maybe something like that which can be a command grab that leads into other grabs.
This is a nice idea. Think Yang/Yun in SF3, with a grab then flip over the opponent, leaving you time to then connect a combo.

Also, have you planned some team attack or combo grabs between Axel and Blaze when doing some Team Co-Op ?

#38  February 24, 2012, 03:03:09 pm
I say, just give him the counter. It shouldn't be overpowered for his gameplay style, (strong aggressive physical attacks,) so long as they aren't too overpowered. Have the counters only be active for a split-second, ala Rock from Garou. This way, you have to use the counter at a near-exact time of the attack, and then you have to use the right counter for the right move. It really just serves to give Axel a bit more protection, which would help, given that the majority of his gameplay isn't defensive at all.
#39  February 24, 2012, 03:05:06 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
talking about flipping move, would the flipping over > suplex combo be avaliable?
#40  February 25, 2012, 10:32:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
talking about flipping move, would the flipping over > suplex combo be avaliable?

+1 :)

I was talking of some "special" throw mechanics
It could be good to give Axel and Blaze special mechanics from SOR games.

Back grab thows can be a great idea!

And why not a super move with P1 holding enemy and P3 giving a huge combo. >:D
The kind of super Sakura uses in Rival School (I'm not sure...)
#41  March 06, 2012, 09:37:43 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well, just finished all of his Gethit and required sprites. Would be further along, but I didn't work on him for like a week and a half. Luckily, the gethits only took two dedicated sittings to get through. Now on to his attacks!

What's done so far:

Stance
Jump
Crouch
Walk
Both turns
All Gethits and Required sprites

Download Last Bout now!
#42  March 06, 2012, 09:46:38 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
that's awesome..how the hell do you sprite so fast?
#43  March 07, 2012, 11:59:33 am
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
So you went straight from Shades of Manhattan to this?

Impressive work, you motivated me to work on Amy Guile so kudos to you.
I rock

#44  March 10, 2012, 05:06:38 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
First attack animations!

Just his standing punches, but yeah, progress.

Download Last Bout now!

MDD

#45  March 10, 2012, 05:11:28 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Hmmm, nice. :)
#46  March 10, 2012, 06:41:42 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#47  March 10, 2012, 12:43:58 pm
    • France
:2thumbsup:
#48  March 10, 2012, 02:34:40 pm
    • Argentina
Great, I love his shading on his pants in the second anim :sugoi:
#49  March 10, 2012, 02:54:33 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
First attack animations!

Just his standing punches, but yeah, progress.

This one is based on some PI Matrimelee character? Reiji?

Nice work BTW! If you need more ideas for the moves or concepts, NP! ;)
#50  March 10, 2012, 08:49:55 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Nope, it's a reworking of Terry's MP, since Terry's stance is much wider than Axel's.

Download Last Bout now!
#51  March 10, 2012, 08:56:23 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
definitely great work here. my shading could be better but seeing this gives me ideas on how to sprite
#52  March 10, 2012, 10:45:36 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#53  March 10, 2012, 10:48:31 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Hey guys, I need a voice actor for Axel. Anyone with good recording equipment and interest can send me an audition if they want. Just do standard fighting game stuff plus recordings of "Grand Upper!" and "Bare Knuckle!" to start. Thanks.

Download Last Bout now!
#54  March 11, 2012, 09:22:35 am
    • Netherlands
I've done multiple tries because I was interested in this and wanted to 'secretly' sent them to you,
however my voice is just horrible and doesn't fit. Also my recorder is my mp3 player :P
No Balthazar as Alex Stone then :(

MDD

#55  March 11, 2012, 09:29:20 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Like i've said before, I would gladly do it but there are 2 glaring problems:
1. I lost my mic
2. My voice is probably too deep for Axel

If I buy another mic i'll give it a try anyways but there are probably better choices.
#56  March 16, 2012, 04:31:47 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
As an amateur voice actor, I'll see if I can get something together today for Axel. I do love nosing my way into people's projects!  ;P

Also, if you're still looking for a unique tactic, maybe it could be some variation off of the food system. As in, he could enter a simple command to eat one of those tasty ground chickens (mmm... chicken on the street) and gain some super meter. I say that it should give around 1.5 the regular ammount of meter gained from a special attack.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#57  March 16, 2012, 07:33:51 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
I was thinking more of that system in Bare Knuckle 3 where you hold down a button, input a directional command and you do a special for the unique tactic. Or a weapon.
#58  March 19, 2012, 09:04:46 pm
So Blaze is cut ?
Sorry for classmaters I don't speak english lol
#59  March 19, 2012, 09:34:59 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
No, she's in. She's right there in the first post of The Roster Thread.

Download Last Bout now!
#60  March 25, 2012, 10:59:22 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Alright, all of his normals are done (not counting the command normals). Here's a bunch of screenshots to show them off. The screenpack used in the shots is Lightworks by Gun0.

Download Last Bout now!
#61  March 25, 2012, 11:01:16 pm
    • France
Fuck yeah, nice to see such progress on him.
Can't wait to see some progress on his specials now. :D

MDD

#62  March 25, 2012, 11:01:49 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
I recognize a lot of those moves from the original games. Very nice job.
#63  March 25, 2012, 11:36:04 pm
Nice. Also glad to see it blends in so nicely with CvS too (Well most of your characters do anyway...most.)
#64  March 26, 2012, 09:51:24 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Nice. Is he going to have his target combos(SOR 1 and SOR2/3)? And if so, how will they be used: as supers or just target combos?
#65  April 14, 2012, 09:18:28 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Nice. Is he going to have his target combos(SOR 1 and SOR2/3)? And if so, how will they be used: as supers or just target combos?

Everyone has a pretty uniform combo system, so I'm not sure.

More progress everyone!

Screenshots of Bare Knuckle in action:

Took Buckus up on his offer to use stuff from his Axel, so I snatched the FX. Thanks for that!

Download Last Bout now!
#66  April 14, 2012, 09:43:27 am
    • Netherlands
It's not called GRAND UPPAAA!!  ?
#67  April 14, 2012, 09:46:53 am
  • Was it something I said?
Either GRAND UPPAAA!! is either an EX move or an Super somewhere.
#68  April 14, 2012, 10:10:54 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
It is called Grand Upper, he just shouts "Bare Knuckle" in SoR3 which gets me mixed up sometimes.

Download Last Bout now!
#69  April 14, 2012, 04:02:22 pm
  • You ugly! We fix!
 o_O

This looks so amazing...
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#70  April 14, 2012, 08:06:45 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Awesome screens Sean Altly! ::)
#71  April 14, 2012, 09:29:36 pm
  • Was it something I said?
#72  April 15, 2012, 04:23:32 am
#73  April 15, 2012, 04:42:08 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Also his eyes look a bit too odd in that... too open personally, maybe close them a bit? Since their eyes weren't too visible in SoR it looks odd there. Just my opinion

Edit: Then again they're already one pixel... :S

MDD

#74  April 15, 2012, 11:21:19 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Gotta agree with titiln, clenched teeth would look better. Doesn't matter if they were open in the original game or not.
#75  April 16, 2012, 11:56:14 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#76  May 07, 2013, 04:58:36 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
What Sprite are u missing from axel i can make some custom from scratch moveset, if u really need the help. even tho i got commission i can still get those done aswell while im helping
#77  May 07, 2013, 05:42:00 pm
    • USA

had to update the animation and face
#78  May 07, 2013, 05:54:13 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I like the edits you made to the face, but the old animation was fine IMO.

I'm going to be working on him again once Mario is finished. He;s not a problem for me, easy to sprite, mostly done already. What I need help with is other characters, but nobody's been coming through for me, even when they're the ones who offer to help. If you want to help with something, that's cool, but I've got Axel under control. What I need from you is more music so I can make that alternate soundpack! :D

Download Last Bout now!
#79  May 07, 2013, 05:59:47 pm
    • USA
Alrighty =P music it is ;D and other in mind?
#80  May 15, 2013, 10:44:07 pm
  • The Answer Lies in Chun-li's cooking...
    • Japan

***POSSIBLE SPECIALS***

-Fuze Counter - D, DB, B + P (could also be D, D + P)
   Axel gets in a ready position and counters any physical attack that hits him. LP counters crouching attacks and has him kick the opponent in the head, HP counters standing and jumping attacks and has him headbutt the opponent, EX is the same as HP but instead has him pull out a wooden plank/steel pipe/bat and knock the opponent away and does more damage.

Level 1 Supers:

-Dragon Smash - D,DF,F,S
   Axel hits his opponent with a flurry of strikes, and then finishes them with a "Tiger Uppercut." First hit must connect and not be blocked, otherwise the super doesn't happen.

-Grand Hook - F,D,DF,S
    Axel does a spinning flame punch along the ground that ends with an extremely powerful, multi-hit version of Grand Upper.

Level 3 Supers:

*Credit to MDD for help with the moveset

Let me know what you guys think, and I'll keep this updated.
[/quote]

Have you considered "Super Axel"? There were special versions of him and skate when you input a code, check the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq1OdReEN6k

#81  May 19, 2013, 04:56:53 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Interesting. We had the same ideas for Axel's and Cody's Lp and Mp. Nice to see theres still been progress in this project as a whole.
Spriting is hard.
#82  June 04, 2013, 12:42:32 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
I agree.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#83  May 01, 2014, 04:01:06 am
    • Japan
Is this still going on?
#84  May 01, 2014, 04:39:01 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I hink sean took a break from this guy a while back or something idk.
#85  May 01, 2014, 05:01:31 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, I started taking commissions and pretty much never stopped. He's over half way done, I may release the sprites to see if anyone else would like to work on him or finish them. No reason to horde them and I'm not going to be able to work on him any time soon.

Download Last Bout now!
#86  May 01, 2014, 05:08:50 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Hopefully someone does finish them, he already looks pretty great!
#87  May 11, 2014, 04:25:25 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • jacksonqjones@gmail.com
    • captmugen.weebly.com
Yeah, I started taking commissions and pretty much never stopped. He's over half way done, I may release the sprites to see if anyone else would like to work on him or finish them. No reason to horde them and I'm not going to be able to work on him any time soon.

I can..
#88  May 31, 2014, 02:51:14 am
    • USA
send me the sprites i can get him done ;D
#89  June 07, 2014, 07:32:34 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Interesting indeed.
#90  July 25, 2014, 09:43:29 pm
    • USA
    • har355@hotmail.com
What's up with the updated Axel? Ya'll should at least release a prototype of him. I just want to try this guy out.
#91  July 26, 2014, 02:54:44 am
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
nice
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#92  July 26, 2014, 04:40:31 am
    • Japan
Aw man I was all excited hoping for an update :(
#93  July 26, 2014, 03:37:34 pm
    • Spain
    • cidiego@gmail.com
I was also reeeeally excited about this !! I wish somebody can continue his work. Please, I beg youuu
Thank you all for sharing!
#94  August 10, 2014, 04:28:00 pm
    • USA
    • har355@hotmail.com
Sent me Axel and I will finish him up.