YesNoOk

Rogue (Read 36702 times)

Started by abls1, October 23, 2011, 02:08:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rogue
#41  October 24, 2011, 02:37:50 pm
  • Certified Degenerate
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Haven't checked myself but I'm guessing it uses sffv2.

2OS

#42  October 24, 2011, 03:30:10 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
    • deuceovspadez.webs.com/
If FFU can't open stream read error the probability of it being V2 is about 99 %.
#43  October 24, 2011, 04:41:46 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
And how I open the sprites v2?  :???:

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#44  October 24, 2011, 05:41:49 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Zcharcad, or wait until Fighter Factory 3 is released (which may be soon as it's in the final stages of beta testing)
#45  October 24, 2011, 07:09:23 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
I tried Zcharcad and continued with the same error.  :-\

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#46  October 24, 2011, 11:47:13 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com

can also use a program called Nomen to open the sff of sff2 its worked for me no problems.
You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Star Fucker said:
Do you often run naked in the streets screaming "YOU STUPID ASS FAGGOT NIGGA BITCHES WHY YOU NO HELP ME WITH MY MATH HOMEWORK !!!!???!!!!"
#47  October 24, 2011, 11:56:38 pm
  • Q
*Long rant*

Cheers, Rajaa.

Well, dang. I got the full Indian fury. Well I set out to get a little decent criticism, and at least got Cyanide's reply, and to a degree Alpa's. Mission mostly accomplished, even if it stirred this  :-X-storm.
#48  October 25, 2011, 01:43:48 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Yeah, but you passed none of it on to the author did you. You didn't even apparently bring this thread to his attention. All you did was slap down valid feedback that any decent author would have read through and taken for what it was without asking for insanely specific examples.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#49  October 25, 2011, 01:48:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I went to the release thread and not a word of any of the feedback here was mentioned. This is true.
#50  October 25, 2011, 01:52:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ban
#51  October 25, 2011, 02:18:44 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
ahahahahahah what a retard. Cyanide, you shouldn't bother anymore, just talk directly to Acey if you want any actual feedback to get there.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#52  October 25, 2011, 02:50:48 am
  • Q
ban

Cool, I never pronounced "Contributer" as Admin, but hey.

I didn't pass it on because I figure Acey checks here every now and again, just keeps quite (probably to avoid this kind of thing). I know the original thread had no feedback. Thats why I think it would be great for people here to give some, a big part of why I'm doing this. At IMT, not many people give any, but here just about every release does.

I'll put up Cyanide and Alpa's posts on IMT (once it loads up for me).
#53  October 25, 2011, 03:05:37 am
  • Certified Degenerate
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
So he came here to complain about the negative comments people were making about this character and also disregard actual feedback because he didn't like it. All of this on Aceys behalf.

But he didn't quoted any of the actual feedback posted here because he assumed Aceys could look at it himself?!

:stare:

//edit:
And what does this means?
Cool, I never pronounced "Contributer" as Admin, but hey.
#54  October 25, 2011, 03:47:30 am
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#55  October 25, 2011, 04:47:24 am
    • www.InfinityMugenTeam.com
You know, I really appreciate SanjiSasuke saying exactly what he did. Flat out bashing, especially by some of the users who obviously didn't even download the character, is simply not helpful. Then there are the absolutely useless comments like "the portrait doesn't have the background cut out" or when someone actually has the balls to speak up trying to put them down by saying "Acey sends others to talk for him". I have a community to run so you can keep this as a flat appology across the board for not logging into MFG every day in the off chance that someone might decide to post up one of my characters here. Sanji probably wasted most of his time here saying exactly what I would have said about useless critisism but at least Cyanide took a second to give some actually useable feedback. That is a plus as far as I'm concerned.

@ Cyanide, I can learn a lot from your post. Information that I can continue to use in future character creations. I havn't seen the MvC2 hitbox chars you've mentioned so I'll need to check them out, I expect they'll be a lot like Marvel Super Heroes and MvC3. Overall, most sincerely, thanks for speaking up. I should mention though your comment about how Rogue is able to do combos inverse does not seem acurate to me. You can't go from MK to LP while standing, crouch or jumping. Neither can you go from MP to LK.

@ Those who need a little night time reading, A little bit about my work here, I'm not creating a MvC2 or MvC1 character, that's cool for those who do exactly that, and some did it very well (Splode, Mystic Blaze) but my take on mugen is that you need to be creating for the engine. All the moves and timing in rogue are matched with the character. I'm also one of those who has a problem with hitboxes as you'll find them on the VS series, litterally from CotA on through MvC3 but if you want an discourse on hit boxes theology that will be saved for another day. The ReadMe file points this out but Rogue uses the typical Magic Combo series as well as the typical L,M,H, with appropraite chainging into Supers and Hypers. As Cynaide points out you can chain go straight from LP up to a HP which is typical. There are no combo loops here so no need to assume there might be. In regards to the stance most everything matches up wit the rest of the animations perfectly except for the one frame Cynaide mentioned, I'll be sure to tidy that up. Her 50 powr sets are all spelled out in the ReadMe file as well, plans continue to make Rogue compatable with a wide variety of Mugen characters. All in all Rogue is one of the moxt complex mugen characters, not only because she can steal moves but also because she has a complete smart palette, a complex jacket helper according to the palette used and triggers to confirm !selfstate in order to handle the helper in a realistic maner while being thrown and such. Rogue also utilized SFFv2 to allow her to change skin color when stealing powers from those like Blanka, Colossus or Beast. One little perks thrown in include growing a tail when stealing from Nightcrawler. There are some cool custom animations such as the "Hyper Mega Man" stolen hyper and the "Ghost Rider bike" stolen hyper. All around she is a very solid character.

Combo Chain 1 = LP->LK->MP->MK->Hard attack (stand, crouch or air), you can skip ahead at any point going forward in this combo stream.
Combo Chain 2 = Light->Medium->Hard (stand, crouch or air), again, you can skip medium if you want.
Normals Chain into Specials. Specials into Hypers.
In general you can not chain normals into stolen attacks. Most stolen attacks can not be done in the air, excpetions include Hadouken, Mega Buster and Ice Blast.
Nothing is mashable except for LP or LK into itself, which are both precidented.

So for everyone out there who truely wants to play an amazing Rogue, wonderfuly programmed with great chaining, solid gameplay and full of tons of extras then this is a download you won't want to miss. Ignore the liars. I'm always listening. It's those who aren't afraid to speak up against the socail norm who change the world.
#56  October 25, 2011, 04:51:18 am
  • My power is maximum
  • Never order spooky spaghetti
    • USA
    • Skype - TheToxicAvenger666
You know after reading all of that feedback Arpa and Cyanide posted...

...amazing Rogue, wonderfuly programmed with great chaining, solid gameplay...

....isn't really the best thing to say.

Ignore the liars. I'm always listening. It's those who aren't afraid to speak up against the socail norm who change the world.

You won't improve with that attitude.

#57  October 25, 2011, 04:52:48 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
What did I tell you?
#58  October 25, 2011, 04:58:41 am
  • Q
So he came here to complain about the negative comments people were making about this character and also disregard actual feedback because he didn't like it. All of this on Aceys behalf.

But he didn't quoted any of the actual feedback posted here because he assumed Aceys could look at it himself?!

:stare:

Look there was no "Negative criticism" until it got posted. I'm not complaining. I was saying elaborate. I did figure Acey may look at the topic, being that Acey did respond to the 'discussion' that this site had about IMT.
I didn't disregard any feedback. I thought Alpa's really didn't help too much (at least it was feedback, and could be built off of), but I repeatedly say Cyanide's was more helpful. And I wouldn't exactly say on Acey's behalf. Its not like I was asked to, it was a personal choice.

As to the infamous OG:
The 'attitude' isn't saying the feedback is lies. Ace was saying that people claim (check the first dozen posts in the IMT topic here) Acey doesn't listen to a word. A word cannot be heard if it isn't spoken.

Thanks for posting Acey.
#59  October 25, 2011, 04:59:14 am
    • www.InfinityMugenTeam.com
You know after reading all of that feedback Arpa and Cyanide posted...

...amazing Rogue, wonderfuly programmed with great chaining, solid gameplay...

....isn't really the best thing to say.

Ignore the liars. I'm always listening. It's those who aren't afraid to speak up against the socail norm who change the world.

You won't improve with that attitude.

Sorry Gill I don't want users here discuraging feedback by saying I don't listen. I'll call that lie as it is.

What did I tell you?

I believe you said there was no critisim on the IMT thread. Good thing we have Cyanide here who knows his MvC2.
Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:03:37 am by Acey
#60  October 25, 2011, 05:01:49 am
  • My power is maximum
  • Never order spooky spaghetti
    • USA
    • Skype - TheToxicAvenger666
You blew off ALL of the feedback here and also

I just got back from the Guild, and another frame thread but a bunch of users who didn't even download the character. I agree Cyanide had useful comments, just not actually useful for Rogue while sometimes even stating the facts a little off.

Sure you listened....:omg: