YesNoOk

Accuracy VS Compatibility (Read 9378 times)

Started by PotS, April 30, 2008, 02:48:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: Accuracy VS Compatibility
#21  May 01, 2008, 09:12:40 am
    • USA
this topic came in the right time for me  :D

I was testing muteki chars last night to get more about GG system (and also playing GG RELOAD) and I noticed his chars have a lot of inacurracies for the sake of compatibility, one of them being the slash and kick attacks being able to be air blocked (they normally cant until you air recover, which would use a var I guess in mugen and could come glitchy on simul)
#22  May 01, 2008, 12:13:09 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
guardflag = ifelse(p2stateno = 5040,MA,M)

meh

[State 0, HitDef]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = p2stateno = 5040
trigger1 = ***
guardflag = MA

[State 0, HitDef]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = p2stateno != 5040
trigger1 = ***
guardflag = M
Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 04:59:50 pm by K.O.D
#23  May 01, 2008, 12:57:33 pm
from what i remember when i tried to use ifelse on the guard flag and hit flag it had no effect watso ever.
#24  May 01, 2008, 01:25:07 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
from what i remember when i tried to use ifelse on the guard flag and hit flag it had no effect watso ever.

Whatsoever is one word.

I tryed it, it doesnt seem to work indeed.
My shitty mugen stuff:

Bea

#25  May 01, 2008, 01:39:34 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Guardflag and hitflag parse the string that was passed to it until it finds one of the valid values (M, A, F, D), or a combination of those.

Thus, the parser ignores ifelses. And, also, mugen ifelse function only accepts integers or floats for the return values.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#26  May 01, 2008, 04:53:25 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You are better off triggering one of two different hitdefs depending on the situation.
#27  May 01, 2008, 11:01:21 pm
  • Sucks to your Numerology!
Yeah, forgot about that, but again, was just using that as an example of a really freakin' hard hit. As in, pretend as if there were no invulnerabilities or autoguard. Place the situation in real life if that helps.

When I yell "GALACTICA PHANTOOOOOM!" in real life and charge after someone, they usually sidestep and trip me.

Now you can never unsee it.
#28  June 18, 2008, 01:11:41 am
  • :)
    • www.freewebs.com/mvcsnk/
I say compatibility over Accuracy. How can I back my point up? MK characters.
They port the MASSIVE DAMAGE AND RANGE FROM THE ORIGINAL MK GAME WITHOUT MODDING IT! It's SO ANNOYING! And I also say that people can be too accurate. Both with the MK case and Jin Kazama's Megaman. MM's sounds are AWFULLY RIPPED! And I think that work could have gone into adding a few things. He made another Megaman MVC, so I'm not too mad. Inverse knows this. His Roomi, she has 2 cmds and filesets. Galaxy Fight is an old school fighter that Roomi came from. Putting that into MUGEN, she'd be so weak and uncompatible. Thus, he made 2 cmds, with proper CNS's. One true and faithful to Galaxy Fight and another with new stuff, balanced for MUGEN.