YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6758469 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: New version of M.U.G.E.N. released... LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13
#1321  August 07, 2013, 05:46:08 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
some of the new things that would be useful:

CNS: Added BackEdge, FrontEdge, LeftEdge, RightEdge, TopEdge, BottomEdge triggers.

BG: Parallax: support for animated parallax added.

xshear = shear ;(optional) (float)
Specifies the amount of horizontal shearing to apply to the shadow. A positive value shears the shadow to the left of the screen. Defaults to 0.
Re: New version of M.U.G.E.N. released... LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13
#1322  August 07, 2013, 06:07:24 pm
You were running the leaked ALPHA, while the one released by Elecbyte is the Beta version.

Sorry, wrong terminology. But in any event, is there any significant difference? Should I transfer my alpha files over to the Beta? I've been working on some screen pack stuff and If there is no real change I wouldn't see the need to upgrade.

Just want to know if its worth the "upgrade"

I'd say it's not worth it right away. If you're happy with the alpha right now, then what's the point of completely changing that for a slightly different version that already introduced a new bug? I don't know about you, but I know I'm not going to be doing anything with the alpha or beta until it becomes as stable as mugen 1.0 is now.

Ah ok. So as far as what I'm doing there is no real big deal for me to change it up quite yet. Thanks.

The new BG: Parallax sounds very interesting though. I would like to see what I can do with that. But I'll just wait
#1323  August 07, 2013, 06:43:34 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Ah ok. So as far as what I'm doing there is no real big deal for me to change it up quite yet. Thanks.

The new BG: Parallax sounds very interesting though. I would like to see what I can do with that. But I'll just wait
I was saying that in regards to switching 100%. You're welcome to test whatever you want though. Elecbyte even says that you should extract the beta in a new directory and not overwrite the alpha, anyways. I guess my point was: for me, I'm not going to switch to 1.1 until it's as stable as 1.0, but that doesn't mean I won't try a few things out with it. It's up to you. Good luck. :)

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#1324  August 07, 2013, 07:00:43 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
In the PlaySnd controller, the FreqMul option STILL does not seem to work. ERRRRR.......   :grrr:

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#1325  August 07, 2013, 07:03:16 pm
@Seravy: can you ask the Elecbyte team if it is possible to implement the freqmul for the playsnd?
#1326  August 07, 2013, 07:04:10 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
It is going to play wait for a more stable version is just as bad as their predecessors alpha. A shame after so much waiting ...
#1327  August 07, 2013, 07:06:30 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Byakko's Jin has the same jet black explod error that Seravy mentioned.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#1328  August 07, 2013, 07:32:21 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
@Seravy: can you ask the Elecbyte team if it is possible to implement the freqmul for the playsnd?
You can do it yourself, the beta is public, so is the forum. I've already asked for a million things more important and nothing happened. I don't think they'll even look at the suggestion board for a few more years, or ever...at best they'll fix the more critical bugs.

In the PlaySnd controller, the FreqMul option STILL does not seem to work. ERRRRR.......
They didn't fix the older bugs, only the ones new to 1.1. Defencemulset doesn't work either, it hasn't been working since winmugen. At least I got a "will check it after releasing the beta" answer for the hitoverride bug after mentioning I have been keeping the character that I used to reproduce it online for 2 years already.

Thanks to that black explod bug, this beta is actually worse than the alpha because that's something affecting the majority of characters. Will wait until that is fixed then try again.
#1329  August 07, 2013, 08:39:56 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
I think it would be best for me to wait for a stable version with all these bugs being reported :P
#1330  August 07, 2013, 10:15:36 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Well, I can tell for a fact Elecbyte needs to work on the OpenGL render. It's buggy, at least it was for me, but all was settled to normal when changed to system or DirectX.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.

XCB

#1331  August 08, 2013, 02:42:57 am
  • Proudly retired
    • USA
    • piiym.net
New bug, transparent explods appear completely black. Don't overwrite alpha 4 yet!
Well, perhaps but.....

the documentation said:
add - draws with additive transparency (alpha defaults to 256,256)
addalpha - deprecated in 1.1; draws with additive transparency (alpha defaults to 256,0)
add1 - deprecated in 1.1; draws with additive transparency (alpha defaults to 256,128)
Basically "add" is all inclusive now, so it seems the "alpha = (value)" line is now required. Long story short, throw an "alpha =256,256" in there, and you're good to go. It also mainly happens when ModifyExplod is used.
Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:51:37 am by ☆Wii Fit Trainer☆
#1332  August 08, 2013, 02:48:41 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
BG: Parallax: support for animated parallax added.

Oh cool, I won't have to use BGCtrl to make animated parallax elements anymore.
#1333  August 08, 2013, 07:57:26 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
New bug, transparent explods appear completely black. Don't overwrite alpha 4 yet!
Well, perhaps but.....

the documentation said:
addalpha - deprecated in 1.1; draws with additive transparency (alpha defaults to 256,0)
add1 - deprecated in 1.1; draws with additive transparency (alpha defaults to 256,128)
Basically "add" is all inclusive now, so it seems the "alpha = (value)" line is now required. Long story short, throw an "alpha =256,256" in there, and you're good to go. It also mainly happens when ModifyExplod is used.

Wait.... So those black explods are all INTENTIONAL?

So if they're all deprecated for future releases, why don't they make it so using add1 makes Mugen close out, like all other unknown triggers & conditions that Mugen doesn't understand? That way the creators would have to be forced to update their characters to work on the new mugen format, like from the old DOS Days upgrading them to WinMugen. :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#1334  August 08, 2013, 10:33:07 am
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
the bug is that it defaults to 0,0 if not specified instead of 256,256...and in 90% of cases, it's not specified, because add meant 256,256 even before this change.

1.1 is supposed to run characters properly without us modifying them (except the zooming support).
There are a lot of deprecated things but they all still work, and will continue to work, as long as mugenversion is set to the older character version. Otherwise it woulnd't be backwards compatible and they want it to be.
Speaking of deprecation, POSTYPE is also deprecated, but it works and will keep working for a long while.

Elecbyte posted they'll fix this bug this weekend.
#1335  August 08, 2013, 04:25:46 pm
I started Mugen 1.1 (I did it now), but all was black (even the first screen, everything). Changed from OpenGL to DirectX, and it became normal. Like Ruine said, OpenGL seems buggy.

It's something that didn't happen in the alpha4.
#1336  August 08, 2013, 04:42:26 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
If you turn on the safemode in the mugen.cfg file for mugen 1.1 what features are being disable? That's the only way for me to run mugen 1.1 since my laptop doesn't have a graphics card.
#1337  August 08, 2013, 04:55:45 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Just when I just got setteled with 1.0 to ... baha I can't keep up :-p
#1338  August 08, 2013, 05:25:16 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Wow, I MUST be really slow to NOT notice this coming!

I guess I shall download this and test this out.

Glad to see development still going on!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1339  August 08, 2013, 05:38:29 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
If you turn on the safemode in the mugen.cfg file for mugen 1.1 what features are being disable? That's the only way for me to run mugen 1.1 since my laptop doesn't have a graphics card.

Woah, I need to try this. Thanks for sharing that information.

Just when I just got setteled with 1.0 to ... baha I can't keep up :-p

Haha, don't worry. People are still going to be making 1.0 stuff for some time.

#1340  August 10, 2013, 09:08:31 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Wow did not see this coming at all

I do have to report a bug with magus's DC vs Marvel Ironman, whenever I perform his Proton Cannon super the beam doesn't appear at all nor does the opponent take any hits or damage, I suspect the beam is misaligned as are the hit boxes.