¡I've been waiting for this!
Re: Es
#3  July 21, 2019, 07:39:20 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
#4  July 21, 2019, 07:48:25 am
wah!  how could you make something this fast.!?
#5  July 21, 2019, 09:55:02 am
Thank you so much for your releases and contributions. And for that matter, giving us a say in what comes out next!
#6  July 21, 2019, 10:52:48 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
I voted Kokonoe: repeat, I'm curious to see how will be done Astral Finish. I saw it from the original game and it seems that it is rather difficult to recreate.

Oh, and awesome release, as always. ;)
#7  July 21, 2019, 11:25:20 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
My main from BBCF is finally here! You're great as usual!
I voted Nanase hoping to get in for good.
This is fate.
#8  July 21, 2019, 02:53:40 pm
  • I must continue my training...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#9  July 21, 2019, 04:54:58 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
https://streamable.com/xbsns
You might want to check this as this glitch is also in every works of yours which use projectiles. Neat job on Es though.
Re: Es v1.01
#10  July 21, 2019, 06:24:23 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Thanks Giang.

Es has gotten a quick update, go ahead and download her again.

- Fixed an error where the counter message doesn't show up when countering with helper based attacks
- Applied Hitstun decay to Breunor, preventing a possible infinite

I voted Kokonoe: repeat, I'm curious to see how will be done Astral Finish. I saw it from the original game and it seems that it is rather difficult to recreate.

Honestly, I don't think it will be too difficult. It's probably going to involve quite a bit of the angledraw code though.
#11  July 21, 2019, 06:28:46 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it

Honestly, I don't think it will be too difficult. It's probably going to involve quite a bit of the angledraw code though.

Technically, I was referring to the magnetic machinery and the meteorite.
#12  July 21, 2019, 09:05:51 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Technically, I was referring to the magnetic machinery and the meteorite.

I have the means to rip both and divide them into pieces if needed (or separate the meteor from its entry effect). That is exactly how most of the effects were made for Es.
To prove it, take a look at one of the Black Beast heads seen in the background of one of the stages.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#13  July 22, 2019, 04:25:38 am
    • USA
That would be extremely helpful.
I was planning on recreating the machine and the meteorite using illustrator and photoshop, but this is a much better option. Thanks.
#14  July 22, 2019, 08:23:02 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just gave her Es a test, she still has the misaligned strong ground shockwave on the air throw:

It should be the same position as the charging Type:Slasher "Gawain" and it also doesn't have the strong ground shockwave sound effect:

And last, the follow up of Type:Assaulter "Erec" will always have a normal shockwave no matter how high the opponent is when they slam on the ground. I think the image I saw on the pm was the Type:Slasher "Gawain", not the Type:Assaulter "Erec". I would've had a screenshot on this as well, but my testing stage has superjump, which the normal shockwave will be off camera.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#15  July 22, 2019, 01:53:44 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
gonna try her first before the new update come!
#16  July 22, 2019, 09:37:02 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Nicely done OHMSBY. :)

Voted Samus again, still want to see what you'll done with her.
#17  July 22, 2019, 10:12:56 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
I am also curious about Samus. The sprites you showed were clearly taken from that one BlazBlue-esque version by an unknown author, but it lacks an instant kill. It also has horrible framedata that makes it hard to even get started with her, but the sprites used are all pre-rendered. Will you leave her beam switch gimmick or will it be gone like Izayoi's mode switch?

That aside, your characters have slowly been growing in size. If I remember correctly, the earlier ones were around 12mB.
Re: Es v1.015
#18  July 23, 2019, 05:02:52 am
    • USA
Another quick update for Es that addresses SolidZone's feedback and fixes a small issue that I found with the uncharged version of Gawain. Go ahead and download her again.

- Adjusted ground shockwave effect for air throw
- Uncharged version of Gawain will now put aerial opponents in a fall state if they're not already in one
- Added a strong ground shockwave effect for the opponent land after falling from Erec

my testing stage has superjump, which the normal shockwave will be off camera.

If you go into the stage's def file and set verticalfollow to zero, that will stop the camera from moving vertically.

I am also curious about Samus. The sprites you showed were clearly taken from that one BlazBlue-esque version by an unknown author, but it lacks an instant kill. It also has horrible framedata that makes it hard to even get started with her, but the sprites used are all pre-rendered. Will you leave her beam switch gimmick or will it be gone like Izayoi's mode switch?

I actually have a couple of ideas on what I could do for Samus' Astral Heat, and I don't mind having to fix up the frame data. She won't have the Beam Switch mechanic from Project M, But I do plan to repurpose at least one of her Ice attacks into an EX special.

That aside, your characters have slowly been growing in size. If I remember correctly, the earlier ones were around 12mB.

As of this post, Waldstein is the character with the largest raw file size (52.4 MB). I still think I'm doing pretty good with keeping the file size relatively low, especially when considering the file sizes of most other Blazblue conversions, I remember seeing one with a file size higher than 400 MB.

Re: Es v1.015
#19  July 23, 2019, 05:40:52 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
If you go into the stage's def file and set verticalfollow to zero, that will stop the camera from moving vertically.
Thanks, that helped. I just did it with the update and turns out my hunch is correct. Following up with the B Erec still leads to the misaligned normal shockwave effect instead of the strong one:

After looking at the readme again, turns out the issue I mentioned earlier was actually the B Type:Assaulter "Erec", not the A one. Not sure if it was intentional, but you listed the same name twice on two different commands, which was probably why that confused you. I must have told you the wrong one and I didn't mean to, so the A Erec was fine with a normal ground shockwave which is the same launch distance of the standing throw. I also found that hitting the opponent with jumping B while launched in the air with A Erec or a standing throw causes the hitspark to be misaligned. If you have never told me about that verticalfollow, I would have constantly kept putting you into a loop.

As for Gawain not using the strong ground shockwave sound effect, forget I said that. I forgot that some of your characters that had it don't use it for certain moves.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:50:28 am by SolidZone 26
Re: Es v1.017
#20  July 23, 2019, 07:10:57 am
    • USA
Not sure if it was intentional, but you listed the same name twice on two different commands, which was probably why that confused you.

That was definitely not intentional, and I feel really dumb for not noticing it. The DP command was supposed to be called Type: Slasher "Griflet".

Any way, one more update. Go ahead and download again.

- Fixed a typo in the movelist
- A strong shockwave effect now shows up instead of a normal one when the opponent lands after being hit by Griflet's follow up
- Fixed an error where jB's hitspark would be misaligned under certain circumstances