YesNoOk

Why don't people do "in the flesh" tournaments for MUGEN fullgames? (Read 1376 times)

Started by GeorgeMP, September 30, 2019, 04:05:30 pm
Share this topic:
Why don't people do "in the flesh" tournaments for MUGEN fullgames?
#1  September 30, 2019, 04:05:30 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
As in, in a similar vein to events like EVO and Combo Breaker. You know, like that stuff. Why hasn't it been done?
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
Re: Why don't people do "in the flesh" tournaments for MUGEN fullgames?
#2  September 30, 2019, 04:07:25 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
There are. You just don't know about them because you aren't their audiences.
#3  September 30, 2019, 04:10:06 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Examples?
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#4  September 30, 2019, 05:07:00 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
people have held small tournaments for games here in the past. but if you want the honest truth there is really not much incentive for that. theres no scene for any of these fullgames, and there is no monetization so theres no incentive for people to travel specifically for these tournaments. hence why you will only see them pop up as side events at locals/majors for games that actually have scenes.
#5  September 30, 2019, 05:14:03 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
people have held small tournaments for games here in the past. but if you want the honest truth there is really not much incentive for that. theres no scene for any of these fullgames, and there is no monetization so theres no incentive for people to travel specifically for these tournaments. hence why you will only see them pop up as side events at locals/majors for games that actually have scenes.

This. I remember me and my friends up in the college just messing around in MUGEN and even having a few tournaments as well but after we all had been done with college, we just stopped keeping in contact.