YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio issues (Read 6081 times)

Started by DingusMB, April 09, 2019, 05:53:00 pm
Share this topic:
Fighter Factory Studio issues
#1  April 09, 2019, 05:53:00 pm
  • Déjà vu, mayhap—have you been here as well?
Hey, Im back. I got Fighter Factory Studio since its the newest hot thing right now. But it constantly crashes, either when Im changing animations or deleting a bunch of text from a CNS at once, does it happen to you guys? Fighter Factory 3 never did that, so its weird that the upgraded version does
Re: Fighter Factory Studio issues
#2  April 09, 2019, 06:10:09 pm
    • Brazil
yes, I would avoid Studio, just stick with 3
#3  April 09, 2019, 06:11:34 pm
studio is terrible, a lot of bugs, a lot of crashing (with copy and pasting huge lines of code, working with specific animations, etc). Its really not a good stable piece of software. You should go back to 3, there are many known issues with ffs. BTW, its kinda dumb in FFS where you can batch save sprites, but you HAVE to name teh batch with something in front of the name, but the importer to batch reimport sprites does not read the groups this way, so theres no point.

In all, its a known buggy piece of software and its best to just stay on a previous version.
#4  April 09, 2019, 07:35:01 pm
  • Why,
When them UPDATE Studio AT real?

Sorry i asking that :( .

Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#5  April 13, 2019, 06:02:56 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
#6  April 13, 2019, 09:50:18 pm
looks like a lot of bug fixes, workin better on my end too, no longer crashing on large copy/pasteing sections of code

Changes in this new build:
Zoom on code editors applied to "Edit animations too.
Fixed "Run in engine" when .def is used as CNS too.
Export sprites/sounds crashes if used while in another editor.
String replace crashes if it changes some comment.
Random crash while editng code.
Fixed many bugs in OnionSkin.
Configuration moved to an user directory.
Pasting a RGBA image on Indexed canvas tries to preserve transparency.
Added option to allow color slot redistribution on Advanced Palette Editor.
Better renderer selection (Native painting is activated if neither OpenGL 2.0 or DirectX 9 support is available).
Code list updates itself when some value changes.
Implemented the variable usage list/log for M.U.G.E.N.
Tree list state is preserved when switching between editors.
Texture cache is cleared on Native painting mode, saving lots of memory.
Fixed the crash when switching from definitions editor right after some change was made.
Fixed the zoom on animation editor after closing all tabs.
Fixed some crashes while editing animations.
Fixed import animations from another project.
Fixed export to HTML.
Fixed some problems with angle and scaling.
Changed Options window so each engine module can display custom settings.
Added options to change CLSN default colors on M.U.G.E.N module.
Fixed the Throw creator slider not updating animation when moving by keyboard.
Fixed the function "Use these contact boxes in all other instances of this frame".
Fixed the crash when there's just one frame in an animation with time = 0.
Fixed the bug that sends an animation to the top instead of bottom on organizer.
Implemented a progress bar to show code reparse progress while switching colorsets.
Implemented a new way to write into files, more secure, as we keep the original file while writing into another temporary one (if a failure occurs while writing you won't lose the file like before).
#7  April 16, 2019, 07:08:28 pm
  • Déjà vu, mayhap—have you been here as well?
Oh thats convenient, i got the updated version now and so far so good
Thank you all!
#8  April 04, 2023, 03:43:26 pm
  • Expert Noob
  • I am a lover and a fighter!
    • USA
I recently downloaded the latest version of FFS and it was working ok at first except for the fact that it kept crashing when I tried editing the commands file. But recently it started not even opening no matter what I tried. I tried changing compatibility settings. I tried running as admin and restarting my computer. Nothing works.

This program could be the best tool for creating MUGEN/Ikemen Go content if only the maker would/could work out all the bugs. (And make the palette editing tool better.)
May you always win every round, both in MUGEN and Life. :)
#9  April 04, 2023, 04:26:46 pm
  • Life is not daijobu
    • Paraguay
    • sites.google.com/view/tornillo-oxidado-edits/characters?authuser=0
I recently downloaded the latest version of FFS and it was working ok at first except for the fact that it kept crashing when I tried editing the commands file. But recently it started not even opening no matter what I tried. I tried changing compatibility settings. I tried running as admin and restarting my computer. Nothing works.

This program could be the best tool for creating MUGEN/Ikemen Go content if only the maker would/could work out all the bugs. (And make the palette editing tool better.)

FFS crashing is normal, i hate working with it too, go to this direction: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local and delete the folder Fighter Factory Studio, it will reset all the settings to default, but at least it can be opened again, you'll need to delete that folder everytime that happens, at least it works for me and i still working with that for now.
#10  April 07, 2023, 05:07:03 pm
  • Expert Noob
  • I am a lover and a fighter!
    • USA
And on this week's episode of, "I can't believe that actually worked." TornilloOxidado's suggestion did in fact seam to work. Thank you very much.
May you always win every round, both in MUGEN and Life. :)