YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1227372 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3101  October 11, 2017, 03:13:10 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
If you're having issues with the AV port, trying scrubbing it with a toothbrush dipped in rubbing alcohol
#3102  October 11, 2017, 03:26:01 am
    • Peru
Yeah, already tried exactly that.
#3103  October 11, 2017, 05:25:44 am
  • all is love in fair and war
i remembered my snes with that addon that copy and play game from 3.5" floppies... good times
#3104  October 11, 2017, 05:34:26 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
forgot to post these here, got them like a month ago:

i've finally completed my monogatari figma collection! (well, i'm still missing the figfix shinobus but that's another story). i'm also only missing figma madoka (magical girl version) to complete my meguca collection (funnily enough i already found and ordered her right after i was done watching owarimonogatari s2)

and these is something i got from a local anime/comics shop (each comic book was a $1 each):

i also still have like 7 packages in postal limbo >_<
#3105  October 23, 2017, 05:49:55 am
So I went to the post office on friday...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3106  October 23, 2017, 07:40:38 am
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
I don't have any pics to show, but I did get 4 new games for my birthday!
Ultra Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, and Castlevania: SOTN. All on PS3.
#3107  October 25, 2017, 06:06:57 am
Woohoo! birthday loot:

I was not expecting to find Samus Returns, let alone the special edition plus the amiibos. Got my sister to get the amiibos for me and I bought the game. She also bought that Chibi-Robo game that was reduced from like $60 or soemthing to just $5.

Fun fact: I had pre-ordered the Figma Samus from Prime 3 and it was delayed from this onth to November so that saved me some money... and then I went and spent it anyway buying the game. :P
#3108  November 02, 2017, 01:39:14 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#3109  November 04, 2017, 06:21:08 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK

Wouldn't exactly say I just bought these, but I've been putting together some High Grade gunpla over the past few months with the Gyan there being the most recent. Classic Gundam, Gouf and Gyan are all Revive lines, while God, Wing and Turn A are fairly modern High Grade sets as is Char's Zaku (Origin version).
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#3110  November 06, 2017, 05:52:55 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Nov 4th

Not something I bought, but something my sister got for me for my birthday.  A bit of a late birthday gift since she couldn't get here on Halloween.  She went to Six Flags over Halloween weekend where she also got my a new t-shirt and a joker colored pen which are also b-day gifts.

Anyway:

#3111  November 06, 2017, 06:23:25 pm

i had an old graphics card that recently died on me, so i found this one for really cheap and bought it. its very good, my pc gaming is limited to old games and emulators and this does more than enough for either of those. i'm planning on getting a 1050 or 1060 but that will have to wait a bit until the crypto mining fuzz die out.
i got the wifi usb because im tired of plugging my router to my pc with cables, i wanted to get the pci one at first but that one is double the price of this usb, so i got this instead.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3112  November 07, 2017, 11:12:33 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK

Just got and put together our lord and saviour Jesus Yamato's gundam today and since there were a lot of silly spiky parts it kinda took me the better part of today to get him done and I REALLY wish I had a stand to really make this son of a bitch pop but there you go

(also fuck cosmic era shit i aint doing shit from there again)
#3113  November 08, 2017, 09:32:58 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA

My Xbox One X. I never did pre-order so its not the project scorpio edition.
#3114  November 19, 2017, 04:21:10 am
  • it'll take more than minimum wage to break me...
    • Canada
    • knoc_on_wood@yahoo.com

excessively concerned with physical comforts or the acquisition of wealth and material possessions... rather than with spiritual... intellectual... or cultural values... adhering to the philosophy of materialism... a theory that regards matter as constituting the universe and all its phenomena...

get super into fighting games... for glorious fun...
#3115  November 20, 2017, 03:58:13 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK

Got done with High Grade Guncannon (revive) and yep, articulation is some sexy shit

Guncannon don't get enough love

@jmorphman is it okay if I recreate that one sig you have
#3116  November 23, 2017, 12:03:12 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Nov 10th
(Written on the 10th of November)

Earlier last year a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers reboot was coming out.  A comic book series, to be exact, set in modern times rather than the 90's featuring DC artists and writers to help this come alive.  Featuring a brand new storyline and a possible new villan, I couldn't wait to see this take off.  However, a few months later I slowly forgot about this comic series as my hype for the Power Rangers movie grew.

Almost having completely fogrotten about the reboot comic series while checking Amazon about two weeks ago I discovered something in my reccomendations: "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Year One Deluxe Edition"; an omnibus collecting (at the time an unknown amount of chapters) the "first year" of the MMPR reboot comic series.  My mom got it for me as a late b-day gift.  I plan to get her something nice for her birthday which is coming up soon (December 3rd), I just have to think on what to get her.

I had originally thought that volume 4 (which was released on Halloween of this year, my birthday) was to be included in the set, as the omnibus had almost 500 pages.  Each volume collection was 4 comics collected together (the collections equal out to be about 112 pages each), so it would seem that volume four would have been in the set as well.  Turns out it isn't included, but the other 100+ pages are printed comic cover variants as well as side comics and concept art (really love Lord Drakkon's concept arts better than his final look).  Either way, I'll be reading this comic and hopefully enjoying it thoroughly.

So, in collector fashion (at least how I do collection) I'll be getting volume 4, as well as volumes 1-3 separately.  I'll also be getting later volumes and omnibuses down the line.

Anyway, here are some images of the book:

Nov 15th

Amy Jo Johnson, heart-throb of many young boys back in the early 90's, potrayed a fan-favorite ranger: the original Pink Ranger, Kimberly Hart.  As with Jason (Austin), Zack (Walter), and Thuy (Trini), she too left the show.  But, in this spin-off series, what if she had to come out of retirement against a new threat?  That's what Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Pink is all about.

Now I didn't have a crush on her when I was young, but I can't say I wouldn't want to see her character return as a power ranger once again.  To see a "what if" spin-off of her return, even in comic form, is certainly welcomed to an avid PR fan such as myself.  I haven't read it yet, but leafed through the book a little and saw a lot of neat stuff going on.

Spoiler: to show scale between the two items (click to see content)
#3117  November 23, 2017, 01:19:07 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#3118  November 23, 2017, 02:22:58 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Guess I better get on with that. Also just made a Qubeley.
#3119  November 23, 2017, 08:15:00 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I'm on Thanksgiving vacation for this week in Florida, so I went ahead and got me a switch while I could.
#3120  November 24, 2017, 12:30:45 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I built two of the prettiest Gundam girls in the world come and see!