YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1522406 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2201  July 03, 2018, 03:46:01 pm
    • Germany
Btw. I saw something interessting in the Promo episode, for a short time you could see Ozotto, a character that only appeared once in an old DBZ Arcade game.
Oh, is that who it was ? With the focus off I figured it was King Cold. Makes more sense.

King Cold was on the screen directly over Fuu, Ozotto can be seen on the small screen in the right corner.

He is also part of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission 3 Opening, so we can be sure that it is truly Ozotto.
#2202  July 05, 2018, 05:52:35 pm
Ugh, Super Kaiohken Vegito. At least he finally gets a costume update to match Vegeta's black uniform.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2203  July 09, 2018, 07:55:53 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Just saw this on twitter early (thou was a meme)

So... Broly? This gives me so many mixed feelings.

#2204  July 09, 2018, 08:19:02 pm
    • Germany
Would be interessting to see a rebooted version of Broly by Toriyama, the only thing he would have to change would be the backstory/motivation, the rest could stay. ö.ö
#2205  July 09, 2018, 08:22:10 pm
Eeeeehahahaha I'd find that pretty funny.
Well if this gives him  backstory that people won't find fucking awful then I'm fine, haters will stop complaining (maybe) (probably not). But yeah, I thought this was going to involve "the first Super Saiyan" Yamoshi ? ,And aren't we supposed to have a look at planet Salad too, isn't that getting crowded ? I must've lost track.
Between this and the "evil Saiyan" (redundant) from the current Heroes anime, this feels like just a repeat. I'll just wait for actual information.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:25:49 pm by Byakko
#2206  July 09, 2018, 08:40:38 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Eeeeehahahaha I'd find that pretty funny.
Well if this gives him  backstory that people won't find fucking awful then I'm fine, haters will stop complaining (maybe) (probably not). But yeah, I thought this was going to involve "the first Super Saiyan" Yamoshi ? ,And aren't we supposed to have a look at planet Salad too, isn't that getting crowded ? I must've lost track.
Between this and the "evil Saiyan" (redundant) from the current Heroes anime, this feels like just a repeat. I'll just wait for actual information.

I mean, still could no? Since even if it´s true Broly appears here, his Transformation with his unique "things" way too different from the Super Saiyan and God Forms. Could be just a Flash Back or anything.

I think this is more like a "Fans/Cash Magnet" (Which could also be fake) just like how Frieza was back then with Revival of F... Which is working (atleast for me) since i had no interest on this movie until this morning.

lui

#2207  July 09, 2018, 09:25:23 pm
    • USA
its pretty fake. havent seen any official outlets report on it as real
#2208  July 09, 2018, 11:47:51 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
#2209  July 09, 2018, 11:51:57 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I don't buy it, personally.

lui

#2210  July 10, 2018, 12:11:02 am
    • USA
#2211  July 10, 2018, 12:22:47 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I suppose it's just as well.  Kale evidently wasn't meant to replace Broly, only to be the pre-show to his arrival into the canon.  Which is fine, she took it in her own direction, and this will supposedly rework Broly to fix the issues people held with him while keeping him same enough to what people liked about him.  The only thing I wonder/worry about is if they're just gonna have him copy Kale's controlled version of the Legendary transformation.

Because it's both one of the things she's got going only for herself, and it lessens the impact of Broly's own transformation since he's supposed to just go wild in it.  I suppose they can give him that God Broly thing or some facsimile of it, but that just seems weird, pulling from a theme park ride to give him something new.  Odd enough he's making the jump from non-canon into canon, to then throw in nonsense like that.

Well, whatever they do, I'm happy.  I like Broly, and want to see them improve the character however they can, so looking forward even more to this movie.
#2212  July 10, 2018, 01:41:59 am
I don't remember if the anime brought it up but at least the manga has tried to hint through Freeza that the green version really was different from the gold and blue forms, when he mentions he can't be bothered to remember what all Saiyan forms do. If they can push that a bit further, I'm hoping they won't need to give Broly a SSGod form and still have the green form keep up, unlike how the Heroes games gave him SSJ3 forms and so on, that was lame.
Personally I loved SSJ Broly in the Goten/Trunks/Gohan/Videl movie, which could be close enough to Kale's "controlled" form, but I know the form that gives people the biggest hard-on is the super thick one.
Uh, the Toriyama comment image in one of those Toei tweets does mention that Broly will tie back to the Freeza force and the history of the Saiyans. so I guess there's still the connection with Yamoshi or whatever, and we can still get a trip to Sadala.
#2213  July 10, 2018, 02:25:59 am
    • USA
Well, we already knew the green one was different for a while, though Toriyama will have to explain now why Broly's is different than Kale's if he's canon.  Previously, before Kale's arrival, it was fairly straight-forward on the hax abilities; Super Saiyan power, plus increasing power forever to no specified limit, and physical invulnerability.  Except that whole punch in the gut thing Goku did where baby Broly was previously stabbed in the first movie.  Which...now that I think of it, they would either have to drop the invulnerability or retell that whole bit again in the new movie if this doesn't take the first 3 Broly movies into account.

I'm gonna guess at this point, seeing Frieza's going to have to take a bigger role in this movie that he did in the first Broly movie just destroying the planet, that maybe his men or even himself did the honors of stabbing Baby Broly to give him that weak spot.  I'd say it was the new Frieza Force people we're going to be introduced to so they have a bigger role, but I'm going to presume they're brand new members of Frieza's new army, not some leftovers from before he died the first time, thus they couldn't be connected to Broly.
#2214  July 10, 2018, 02:32:18 am
For know I'll sooner assume that Toriyama is rewriting Broly's backstory from scratch. No baby stabbing and no crying carrot trauma (but probably still some trauma). Toriyama's comment on the Toei twitter sounds like he's aware of what parts of him people hate and what parts people love, and he only cares to bring what people love. Sure it can still turn out he doesn't get it at all and it'll be a trainwreck, but at this point I'm betting on a straight rewrite from scratch, and just forget the first movies.

For how different the green form is, I was mainly talking about so far in Heroes. In Super they seem to be carefully reframing this form steadily. As in, still the same big idea (infinite increase of power), but with an updated definition that accounts for the SSJ3/God/Blue comparisons. Like something any Saiyan could theoretically hit, a different kind of power the same way God and Instinct are a new type of power from just "add multipliers lol" gold. It'll take away from Broly's unique traits but I'd be fine with that if that ditches all the fanmade shit until now.
Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:38:26 am by Byakko
#2215  July 10, 2018, 02:37:22 am
    • USA
Aw, but while the hatred stemming from Kakarot's crying thing was a bit too much, I liked the set-up of King Vegeta being too cowardly to use this newfound power to his advantage against the tyrannical rule of Frieza, thus since he couldn't use it he aimed to destroy it.  And that leading to a justified way for the good guys to beat him in a typical DBZ brawl, already previously establishing his superior physical and ki-based power over everyone else.  Just they could establish a way the Z Warriors find out that news, not it just being told to us, the audience.

Oh well.  We'll just have to wait and see what they do going forward with this.  I personally am for just fixing up the old plot, but I'm not against just ditching the whole thing if the replacement is better.
#2216  July 10, 2018, 02:41:43 am
Eh, the gut wound felt like a random plot device to cop out of a corner they painted themselves into because that's just what the mechanics of power levels were back then. These days it's all about explaining why Blue is different from Gold and why White is different from Blue, with actual different concepts, rather than just "keep stacking numbers and say it just works now".
The conspiracies with King Vegeta and Sparagus were fine as a guiding story, but that's a different matter. I've no strong feeling for or against those plot details depending on what they want to do with the character now.
#2217  July 10, 2018, 02:44:33 am
    • USA
But I like the Todd Howard reasoning!  Change is scary!

No, I mean, sure it wasn't masterpiece storytelling.  I just liked the concept better than the execution.  Which basically summarizes the Broly series of movies in general, thinking on it.
#2218  July 10, 2018, 12:10:48 pm
if broly is canon now i want majin 21 to be canon too.
#2219  July 10, 2018, 02:11:21 pm
The backstory will be the story we all know with changes like some mentioned earlier. I think this will be like Broly's 3th coming. Only he becomes canon this time. Garlic Jr was also a Movie Character, but he became canon in Z when he came back after the Frieza Saga even if it was a filler in the series.
Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:24:31 pm by Omega
#2220  July 10, 2018, 02:42:20 pm
ain't garlic jr thing a filler?