YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Brawl Samus Release 0.7 7/10/14 (Read 95157 times)

Started by Odb718, January 19, 2012, 10:49:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Samus Release 0.7 7/10/14
#101  September 13, 2014, 12:54:48 pm
I would like to try your creations but Mega is not allowed in Italy so I cannot download any of them. :(
Can you put them in Mediafire too, please?
#102  September 15, 2014, 06:25:13 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I would like to try your creations but Mega is not allowed in Italy so I cannot download any of them. :(
Can you put them in Mediafire too, please?
I think http://host-a.net/u/Odb718/Samus718.rar should work for you. I'll upload it to sendspace or something.
----
Uploaded to sendspace
Alex let me know if those dont work for you.
-----------

So I think I'm going to revamp Samus. I dont feel she's a 718 at all. I've been putting in a lot of work on my Dhalsim and Samus the last few days until I figure out This Problem.. If anyone's good with FF3 please take a look at that link.
Samus is too floaty, too slow, and her specials could be reworked away from SSBB. I think I'll end up releasing a version of this Samus as Samus718. She'll play more like the characters in my signature. Her basics might get tweaked to be faster. Her spinning drill move will be worked into something useable in mugen.  Maybe that'll turn into anti-air.  I have a few new effects looking good for Samus. 
Basically I'm saying my Samus sucks and I want to make her way better. There's just no way of doing that and keeping the same type of play-style that's there.  I've actually worked out somethings to make the whip way more dynamic than I thought I'd be able to do. Hopefully it'll be as free as it is in the Wii. I may try my hand at a Smash4 palette.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:39:06 am by Odb718
#103  September 15, 2014, 09:50:50 am
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
Good luck with that project. I like the latest version of your Samus. Some of the attacks have displaced hitsparks and those look too small and not fitting. Will you replace them and fix their placement? Also, will other beam types be used? And will charge effect be added to charge beam? It looks weird without it and you don't know how much you charged it.
#104  September 15, 2014, 06:37:27 pm
#105  September 16, 2014, 04:44:42 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Good luck with that project. I like the latest version of your Samus. Some of the attacks have displaced hitsparks and those look too small and not fitting. Will you replace them and fix their placement? Also, will other beam types be used? And will charge effect be added to charge beam? It looks weird without it and you don't know how much you charged it.
Bagan, yeah it's one of the effects I've already fixed to be as close to SSBB as possible. I posted the video of the problem I was having with it.
I posted this in the problem page I linked a while back.

Some how the problem just disappeared. Hopefully when I release her the problem doesnt sneak it's way back in for people. Not sure how it was possible or what exactly fixed it. I guess I'll have to try a number of mugen set ups. I'm glad to say it looks pretty nice now. I may make a progress vid of the hitsparks n stuff.
#106  September 22, 2014, 08:02:46 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Small update. Just wanted to show some progress on the sparks/effects department.
I've created a spark Samus uses in a LOT of her animations. I think other SSBB characters use the 8 sided star burst in their animations as well.

But I've worked on the Standing Fierce Punch along with a lot of the other moves that use it.
This is what it looks like so far.

I'm still using the SFIV hitsparks as you can see.

Samus still needs about 30 new effects animations. When I watch videos of SSBB and look at all of the effects that go into one animation it's crazy. It's usually about 7 or 8 minimum.

If other devs of SSBB characters would like to use the spark just ask.
#107  February 23, 2015, 06:59:53 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Was just alerted that mega has yet again taken Samus down.
Download from SendSpace
There's probably some small updates. I havent really worked on Samus in a while.
I'll be looking for a more permanent host for this character.

----
Sneaky update

Working on a 6 button Mai with new basics and an added special or two...
Made a Samus palette for her and decided to post it here
Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:59:31 pm by Odb718
#108  February 23, 2015, 03:22:17 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Was just alerted that mega has yet again taken Samus down.
Download from SendSpace
There's probably some small updates. I havent really worked on Samus in a while.
I'll be looking for a more permanent host for this character.

MEGA takes stuff down?  Wtf!

This Samus is looking ridiculously good.  That spark is freakin' killer

#109  October 12, 2015, 10:18:22 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Samus is being worked on again. I'm putting my focus squarely on sounds and the whip/grapple beam.
I was having some trouble with my laptop and the dolphin emulator swapping out textures after a driver "upgrade".
Luckly, the emulator was updated 5 days ago and I got the bug fixed!

Here's a little snap of the quality I can rip.

The two images are resampled using Irfanview to half size.

As you can see Pica is all most all black. If I wanted to I could make his face black. My next experiment will be to make Samus clear. I figure I may rip one where she's black, and one where she's clear. The exact sizing of the images in my character may not fit with what the dolphin is displaying. If I do black, it may look bad, but if I do clear, then what should be behind her body will be in front...
The grapple beam effect may be able to be ripped without doing the black body.

Hopefully I can get all of her effects looking nice. I've already given her bombs a facelift. But with this I can make it look like the source. And to think I spent all those hours making the Power Shot effects by hand <_<
#110  October 12, 2015, 10:57:37 am
Samus is being worked on again. I'm putting my focus squarely on sounds and the whip/grapple beam.
I was having some trouble with my laptop and the dolphin emulator swapping out textures after a driver "upgrade".
Luckly, the emulator was updated 5 days ago and I got the bug fixed!

Here's a little snap of the quality I can rip.

The two images are resampled using Irfanview to half size.

As you can see Pica is all most all black. If I wanted to I could make his face black. My next experiment will be to make Samus clear. I figure I may rip one where she's black, and one where she's clear. The exact sizing of the images in my character may not fit with what the dolphin is displaying. If I do black, it may look bad, but if I do clear, then what should be behind her body will be in front...
The grapple beam effect may be able to be ripped without doing the black body.

Hopefully I can get all of her effects looking nice. I've already given her bombs a facelift. But with this I can make it look like the source. And to think I spent all those hours making the Power Shot effects by hand <_<

Oh, thats how you made those sprites. I throught you used BrawlBox (btw, now it actually renders things like rimlighting and spec stuff, so, now its better to use this thing than emulator outside of GFX that doesn't uses models like Bowser's fire). Well, looking forward to next update.
#111  October 12, 2015, 11:29:04 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If you go back and read around page 2 or 3 I mention I was using BrawlBox. I originally couldnt get the Blue and Yellow Fusion textures. I wish I could have.
I've actually progressed quite a lot in the last hour or so. I have the Grapple Beam air poke ripped pretty well. _HOPEFULLY_ I can come up with some code so it'll act as nice as Nintendo's. I have about 6 versions. Neutral jump going up, N Jump falling down, Forward jump going up, Forward jump coming down, and a few other specific rips. I'd like it to have the physics it has in SSBB. Where the beam moves depending on your velocities.

I may also be able to rip all three throws too. Forward, Up, and Back.
This is a quick grab of the Forward throw.

As you can see Samus is black and white; The textures are clear. The bump maps/spec lighting whatever effects are still being rendered. Pica uses multiple faces. I've made 1 clear, but it has the bump/lighting so it appears white. I'll probably make them all black to make "post" a little easier.
All the rest of the clear textures are exactly that, transparent.
#112  October 12, 2015, 12:10:21 pm
If you go back and read around page 2 or 3 I mention I was using BrawlBox. I originally couldnt get the Blue and Yellow Fusion textures. I wish I could have.
I've actually progressed quite a lot in the last hour or so. I have the Grapple Beam air poke ripped pretty well. _HOPEFULLY_ I can come up with some code so it'll act as nice as Nintendo's. I have about 6 versions. Neutral jump going up, N Jump falling down, Forward jump going up, Forward jump coming down, and a few other specific rips. I'd like it to have the physics it has in SSBB. Where the beam moves depending on your velocities.

I may also be able to rip all three throws too. Forward, Up, and Back.
This is a quick grab of the Forward throw.

As you can see Samus is black and white; The textures are clear. The bump maps/spec lighting whatever effects are still being rendered. Pica uses multiple faces. I've made 1 clear, but it has the bump/lighting so it appears white. I'll probably make them all black to make "post" a little easier.
All the rest of the clear textures are exactly that, transparent.
Oh. Whoops. I probably forgot about it. If only BrawlBox would support proper rendering at that time...

As for things that don't become black, i can modify both models so Pikachu would have only bones and no polygons (so, he would always be invisible) while Samus would be completly black all of the time. The only thing you would need to do is to insert those models. And if you want grapple beam to move depending on your velocities, then just use this gif:

You'll have to use other GFX for the tip, but thats better than nothing and makes it possible to have grapple beam affected by velocity. If you already ripped this GFX, then ignore this.
#113  October 12, 2015, 08:12:36 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
What have I done to my self?!?!
I stayed up all day? and ripped over 1,000 effect sprites in 30 folders for Samus.
I have 6 versions of the grapple beam - air poke. I have 4 grapple beam throws. F,D,B,U.
Pretty sure I have all the FX for her missiles and other specials.

It's 2pm and I've stayed up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bed time...
#114  June 13, 2016, 07:44:08 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Bumping this for the topic starter.

I'm just curious, but what are you using for your effect rips?  Brawl right?
#115  June 14, 2016, 03:00:51 pm
  • It's time to fly...
    • USA
    • Skype - suburban-gamer
What have I done to my self?!?!
I stayed up all day? and ripped over 1,000 effect sprites in 30 folders for Samus.
I have 6 versions of the grapple beam - air poke. I have 4 grapple beam throws. F,D,B,U.
Pretty sure I have all the FX for her missiles and other specials.

It's 2pm and I've stayed up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bed time...

This is nothing short of inspiring.... I am very glad to see that someone is doing Samus justice. We really need a version of her that can stand toe to toe with the best that Mugen has to offer. I think this might be it... The ticket... so to speak. ;-)

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford