YesNoOk

SUPER Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2013!! (Read 126988 times)

Started by Duo Solo, April 22, 2011, 12:45:31 am
Share this topic:
Re: SUPER Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
#81  May 27, 2011, 04:39:31 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
mk has drm online experience. you cant buy it used and play it online , so, hey.
THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT'S MORTAL KOMBAT AND THEREFORE PERFECT
#82  May 27, 2011, 07:06:44 pm
at least midway listens to their fans much unlike that other company *cough*capcom*cough*
#83  May 27, 2011, 08:03:37 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
The one time I don't know if you're joking or being sarcastic :pwn:

BTW, you can't expect a company to not take actions on something like piracy, maybe it's futile, but that still doesn't make it okay. If you still want to blame the company for taking preemptive action against illegal activity, then you should probably remove your head from your ass. Blame the people that pirated the game and gave it the title of "most pirated", that's not a title that Capcom accountants are proud their product has, I'm sure of it.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:09:20 pm by TempesT
#84  May 27, 2011, 08:26:30 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

BTW, you can't expect a company to not take actions on something like piracy, maybe it's futile, but that still doesn't make it okay. If you still want to blame the company for taking preemptive action against illegal activity, then you should probably remove your head from your ass.

The problem is not, that capcom doesnt want its game to be pirated

The problem is the "how"

The problem is that this form of a DRM technique needs a stable Internet Connection, or else the game doesnt run proberly.

The most countries today have internet of course, and fast connections as well. But not everyone has a flatrate, and internet breakups still happen from time to time..rarely and thats just a minor reason to complain but i bet there are regions where it happens more often than here (evil german empire)

This is more or less the same shit Ubisoft tried in 2010 with their online drm games, and it was a failure, as mentioned look up the sale numbers by yourself.

The games with the drm onboard which required a always stable online connection didnt sell more often than the prequels which were pirated.

Instead those games with the drm were seen as a challenge by scene releasers which were able to remove the drm withing days, or in some cases around 3 weeks.

Who was punished in the end? The pirates? Nay, they got their game still without paying...and even without the drm

The honest gamers however had to deal with the drm.

Why isnt capcom just releasing the game via steam instead of spending money in a drm system like that?

ps: Tiltin tried to be sarcastic. His "Midway Games" joke is getting old though.

#85  May 27, 2011, 08:29:45 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Once again, not the company's fault for taking actions in an attempt to deter their game from being pirated. If all it really does is make it harder on the actual customers, then that's honestly not Capcom's fault, and the hate is being directed at the wrong group of people. "It only takes 1 person to ruin the fun for the rest of the class"

SF4 was released on Steam btw.

p.s. I don't need to look at sales numbers to tell you that piracy brings those numbers down.

#86  May 27, 2011, 08:36:13 pm
it's sarcastic because midway ceased to exist

also anyone that owns a computer powerful enough to run current generation games can probably afford stable internet and the ones that don't are such a minority that it's really not worth caring about
#87  May 27, 2011, 08:37:18 pm
    • USA
This is more or less the same shit Ubisoft tried in 2010 with their online drm games
Not really. That would kick you out of the game as soon as your connection crapped out. This waits until you've finished a match, or exit to the main menu. The article is unclear as to which one it is, but the latter is preferable. And besides, if you lost your internet connection during a match on a console, the same kinda thing would happen: you'd be kicked from the match! You can't play against people online without being online!
#88  May 27, 2011, 08:40:27 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

p.s. I don't need to look at sales numbers to tell you that piracy brings those numbers down.

That was not the point, my point was..that the games with drm did not mean more sales. So for what is a drm measure good if it cant increase the sales :-)

But whatever, you guys seem to just accept everything

Yes, SF IV was on steam

I meant Steam exclusive, that way would mean real protection instead of the drm
#89  May 27, 2011, 08:42:09 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
No, we just don't get up in arms over irrelevant shit when 99% of this forum's userbase that is interested in this game are actually going to buy it.

#90  May 27, 2011, 08:42:49 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
This is more or less the same shit Ubisoft tried in 2010 with their online drm games
And besides, if you lost your internet connection during a match on a console, the same kinda thing would happen: you'd be kicked from the match! You can't play against people online without being online!

Thanks captain obvious..!

The thing is that you are also kicked out in an offline game mode /single player, survival etc. when you arent online. AKA your game wouldnt be saved
#91  May 27, 2011, 08:46:24 pm
    • USA
Thanks captain obvious..!

The thing is that you are also kicked out in an offline game mode /single player, survival etc. when you arent online. AKA your game wouldnt be saved
Again, that's only after "a logical break point", which the article suggests would be AFTER you finish the mode. So, let's say you're doing single-player arcade, and your connection craps out. It wouldn't kick you out until you beat the game.
#92  May 27, 2011, 08:51:28 pm
nobody enjoys that kind of drm, but with the rampant amount of piracy they needed to take those measures otherwise it's basically releasing a game that most people are going to get for free. some people won't be able to play the games due to lack of internet, but as i've said they're a really small minority

also http://gamepolitics.com/2010/12/31/report-ubisoft-drm-requirements-loosened

vyn

#93  May 28, 2011, 02:33:03 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:46:42 am by [V]yn
#94  May 28, 2011, 04:07:37 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
nobody enjoys that kind of drm, but with the rampant amount of piracy they needed to take those measures otherwise it's basically releasing a game that most people are going to get for free. some people won't be able to play the games due to lack of internet, but as i've said they're a really small minority
Pretty much this? That's far better than no SSFIV at all. Again, SFIV was the most pirated game of 2009. The LOL CAPCOM IS JEALOUS OF USER MADE CONTENT has to be one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

dio please stop insulting people while arguing with them, its not cool.
Sorry but that's practically impossible when someone's been as stubborn as GBKrandomnumber, his MK shitposting all over the board (See, the DOA:Dimensions thread) doesn't help either.

Learn to reading comprehension, I never said "The first one who started to talk about MK" I just called you on your overall shitposting, and titiln also agreed.
V
Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:55:03 am by Black Jack
#95  May 28, 2011, 10:50:03 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Pretty much this? That's far better than no SSFIV at all. Again, SFIV was the most pirated game of 2009. The LOL CAPCOM IS JEALOUS OF USER MADE CONTENT has to be one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

dio please stop insulting people while arguing with them, its not cool.

Sorry but that's practically impossible when someone's been as stubborn as GBKrandomnumber, his MK shitposting all over the board (See, the DOA:Dimensions thread) doesn't help either.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=116971.80

See who talked about MK in the DOA thread.

Dont spread lies, idiot.
#96  May 28, 2011, 11:05:14 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Both of you did actually

black jack is just more right
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#97  May 28, 2011, 03:56:19 pm
well either wrong or right...that way or this way.. u cannot stop pirate :twisted:

because  it eventually turn into a showdown.."who is the real programmer here!"
and there will always be a way to hack into games except consoles..even they are also subject to hacking. ur accounts will never be safe anyway  >:D

vyn

#98  May 28, 2011, 08:19:13 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
#99  May 28, 2011, 08:37:37 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
because  it eventually turn into a showdown.."who is the real programmer here!"

soo hackers put themselves on the same level as actual game programers? lol

Some of them see it actually as a challenge to get rid of things like DRM

This has been seen last year when Ubisoft released Asassins Creed 2 and Settlers 5 with DRM which required a stable online connection

It took the crackers around 1-3 weeks to bypass the drm measures and get rid of them completly

Btw.
Hacker definition of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_%28term%29
Crackers /Cracking Software http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_cracking

vyn

#100  May 28, 2011, 09:05:36 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
id like to see them create a security software instead of just finding a way of getting access to one someone else made, now that would be a proper challenge. Gettin of topic... we need a hacker topic so i dont keep ranting here and in the psn thread.