Started by Santtu, November 17, 2011, 11:47:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Metal Gear Solid 5
#801  November 08, 2015, 08:31:43 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It's not upsetting or anything, I'm just tired of seeing that video all the time.
#802  November 08, 2015, 08:48:02 pm
i remember watching that review and disliking it. i had a longer post in mind but to keep it shorter i didn't agree at all about his complaints about the gameplay because i enjoyed the gameplay a lot, you get a lot of variety in weapons and ways to proceed in a mission. ridiculous statements like "you have some buddies to order around but that doesn't change much about the game" makes me think he didn't play mgsv. he makes a lot of statements like those.

i don't disagree with most of what he said about the story, even though he was being pretty hyperbolic about it too. the game's story and pacing is good in chapter 1 but it falls apart really bad after that. calling it "chapter 2" was super misleading. you expect chapter 2 to have the same or close to the amount of content in chapter 1.

the constant use of "CUTSCENES EVERYWHERE" mgs4 as an example of greatness was questionable too
#803  November 08, 2015, 11:17:17 pm

It's not upsetting or anything, I'm just tired of seeing that video all the time.
Yeah, that too, you know, it actually makes me feel like the whole thing was a massive tangent.
As for the gameplay, I haven't played it either, but I definitely empathize with the feeling that the trailers made it seem full of awesome stuff, but then watching gameplay videos, it was full of waiting and running and shooting and spraying water on the man on fire for half an hour and shooting millions of bullets in the zombie squad thing. That just makes me want to not play a game like that. I do understand though, that one of the main interests is building you base and customizing stuff, but honestly, that's just never been my kind of game.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#804  November 09, 2015, 12:26:55 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
gameplay wise, it's oneofthose things I prefer to test personally, i playe rpgs back in the snes times and I found them pretty enjoyable because by finding item-stat enhcancing combinations, plus weapons and team strategy I would try and pass the game at decent character levels, while my friend who ahted rpgs would just hit attack all the time while walking in circles to level up so he could defeat the dungeons by hitting attack all the time.
#805  November 09, 2015, 03:37:16 pm
    • Peru
I really like the gameplay, you have lots of tools and several ways to accomplish a mission, but doing the same stuff again, and again, and again for no reason at all, well, it got old really fast.

I got to a point in the game I started skipping missions to get faster to the 47 or whatever it was. It was too long, too repetitive and irritating in some aspects, like no having a practical way of moving to one mission to another (using the cargo doesn't count since getting to an effing town was impractical too, sometimes the missions were in the middle of nowhere).

The story was meh, really. Skullface had the potential to be a better villain.

It was a fun game, but not my favorite MGS.
#806  November 09, 2015, 09:01:23 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm well over 100 hours in and I haven't even finished the story (Mission 22)

When I replayed all 4~8 hours of the previous games over AND OVER again I always skipped all cutscenes. I just kept coming back for the sandboxy feeling I got from messing around with the guards. That means that this game is a winner right here for me, the gameplay keeps me coming back for more and I'm not even done with it yet.

Also, MGO (3) is a lot of fun also (probably played it for 40~50 hours so far), and it's part of my $60 USD disc, so ... bang for my buck Yes.
#807  November 10, 2015, 02:48:39 pm
    • USA
#808  November 10, 2015, 02:52:26 pm
  • SNK is life
Wow, they even renamed the mission to include the word [REUNION]
#809  November 10, 2015, 03:08:26 pm
    • USA
Hah, never noticed this:

#810  November 11, 2015, 01:33:18 am
  • Never give up
Just got her back. I'm happy, but after getting the platinum there isn't much to do with her.  :S
#811  November 11, 2015, 01:40:20 am
i stopped playing after losing quiet and still had some sideops to do and weapons to develop so this is good news
#812  November 12, 2015, 09:01:59 pm
    • USA
#813  September 17, 2016, 05:05:51 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Have some MG Survive gameplay