YesNoOk

Final round detection? (Read 1928 times)

Started by luis2345, December 30, 2013, 12:58:53 am
Share this topic:
Final round detection?
#1  December 30, 2013, 12:58:53 am
Is there a way to detect the final round of a battle?

If not,  supposing i have my mugen set to 3 rounds (First to win 2 rounds wins the match)
How do i detect the last round?
http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/index.php?topic=64575
By Matrimelee
Luis2345 Video thread
AI\'s : Cassandra,Fliz,Angel,Kung fu Man,Ai,Yuri,Adon
Re: Final round detection?
#2  December 30, 2013, 01:34:48 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Not sure if ti's physically possible in open game. Though it could be possible in a closed game. I imagine in closed games, characters need a variable to show how many times they have won or lost.

So:
Var(1) would be how many times won
Var(2) how many times lost.
Var(3) how many times a draw.

And each character would need to determine each others variables, + the current round that is in play

I guess, something like that. If there is another way, I would be interested to know as well. Otherwise, you may have to set it up similar like that in closed game environment.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#3  December 30, 2013, 06:23:23 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
I think one of waru's boss characters has a code that adjusts his health or defense if he's AI controlled and one of the later rounds. Its been a long time since I looked though. Might have been G.Rugal or S.Gouki

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#4  December 30, 2013, 07:29:34 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
That's just something like roundno > 2. Not overly complicated.

What you need to actually work this out is sacrifice a round. Count up a variable  for rounds and see when matchover happens and what value the variable is at when that occurs. For example If variable = 2 and matchover = 1, there are obviously 3 rounds. You can then maintain the value of that var as a "detector" for final round. When matchno is greater than 1. You have to sacrifice the first match, otherwise you get no idea and iirc the variable won't flow through post continue. I could be wrong about that bit though, you'll have to test.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.