YesNoOk

Hard & Soft Knockdowns? (Read 2106 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, December 10, 2013, 08:37:20 pm
Share this topic:
Hard & Soft Knockdowns?
#1  December 10, 2013, 08:37:20 pm
  • Gaps? Where we're going, we don't need gaps...
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Considering the last time I checked, mugen lets you get up from a knockdown as soon as possible by mashing buttons, eliminating the possibility of enforcing Hard Knockdowns. Am I right in assuming that the only way of enforcing a Hard Knockdown would be through the use of custom states, or am I missing something?
Re: Hard & Soft Knockdowns?
#2  December 10, 2013, 09:22:57 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
For opponents? Yes. You can also program it so that your characters don't get up to the mash and it's not too hard.
#3  December 11, 2013, 10:57:12 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I meant for opponents. Not too concerned about disabling the mashing on player 1's side through custom states as I'll let player 2 decide how to handle that.
#4  December 16, 2013, 04:38:39 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
You can also program it so that your characters don't get up to the mash and it's not too hard.
How would you go about doing that? Write your own state to replace state 5110, then override the states that point to it and have them point to the replacement state instead?
#5  December 16, 2013, 05:02:01 am
    • USA
Im assuming that's what he was talking about, but again, it sounds like something that should be handled on the attacker's side rather than the defender.

Also, since implementing the custom state method, seeing as I mostly had to copy mugen's default state 5110, I noticed that it would use the default hitsound for hitting the ground, but I'm guessing there's no way around this since there's no set standard for that sound like there is for KO and such and, due to its character dependence, would be impossible to enforce?