YesNoOk

How to make Enemy unguard ? (Read 1993 times)

Started by Aki-Sora, February 25, 2013, 06:25:38 am
Share this topic:
How to make Enemy unguard ?
#1  February 25, 2013, 06:25:38 am
    • bunnaroath@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiroyaksha
Can anyone please tell me how to make p2 cannot guard in space time super ?

Re: How to make Enemy unguard ?
#2  February 25, 2013, 06:47:00 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
So you want P1 to have an attack where P2 can not guard against? Or to put P2 into a custom state where it can not guard at all?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:51:15 am by N-Mario
#3  February 25, 2013, 06:49:21 am
    • bunnaroath@gmail.com
So you want P1 to have an attack where P2 can not guard against? Or to put P2 into a custom state where it can not guard at all?

I want p2 unguard in super space time and when space time finish ps2 become normal.
Please tell me how to do it.
#4  February 25, 2013, 06:56:10 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Well..... You could use a variable to set the Space/Time whatever. So lets say Var(1) for this. If Var(1) = 0 to use normal Hitdefs. If Var(1) > 0, use alternate hitdefs for your character where P2 can not guard against.

Most of the attacks of my Super Metroid can not be guarded against for whatever reason. Maybe you can get an idea from that? You probably have to experiment with different hitdefs to get the right result. :)

#5  February 25, 2013, 07:00:13 am
    • bunnaroath@gmail.com
Well..... You could use a variable to set the Space/Time whatever. So lets say Var(1) for this. If Var(1) = 0 to use normal Hitdefs. If Var(1) > 0, use alternate hitdefs for your character where P2 can not guard against.

Most of the attacks of my Super Metroid can not be guarded against for whatever reason. Maybe you can get an idea from that? You probably have to experiment with different hitdefs to get the right result. :)

Thz for this idea ! perhaps i can finish my Char soon.
#6  February 25, 2013, 07:08:33 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Okay doing some random experiments & research, I found out the answer to your problem.

Var(1) = 0. - Your Hitdef should contain guardflag parameter of your hitdef.
Var(1) > 0. - Your Hitdef should NOT contain guardflag parameter of your hitdef.

If you want your hitdefs to be unguardable by P2, do NOT use guardflag parameter. That is all. :)

#7  February 25, 2013, 07:13:00 am
    • bunnaroath@gmail.com
Okay doing some random experiments & research, I found out the answer to your problem.

Var(1) = 0. - Your Hitdef should contain guardflag parameter of your hitdef.
Var(1) > 0. - Your Hitdef should NOT contain guardflag parameter of your hitdef.

If you want your hitdefs to be unguardable by P2, do NOT use guardflag parameter. That is all. :)

Ok! Thank for help
#8  February 26, 2013, 07:11:25 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Wouldn't it just be simpler to use an unguardable flag in an assertspecial controller, rather than using two hitdefs for one attack, or am I missing something?
#9  February 26, 2013, 07:38:04 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Wouldn't it just be simpler to use an unguardable flag in an assertspecial controller, rather than using two hitdefs for one attack, or am I missing something?

Hmm......... There is an unguardable assertspecial flag.... I wonder how I missed that. o_O
I only checked that there are NoStandGuard, NoCrouchGuard, and NoAirGuard flags, which only work against the player.

Yea I suppose the unguardable flag could be used instead, if used correctly. Maybe you could put this in the statedef -2, or statedef -3 then?

#10  February 27, 2013, 03:40:14 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
unguardable isn't in the docs. It's not a fully supported parameter like noKO. At the same time, we're not aware of any bugs with it, unlike noKO which affects both players and when it's turned off someone loses instantly

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#11  February 27, 2013, 04:32:17 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
unguardable isn't in the docs. It's not a fully supported parameter like noKO. At the same time, we're not aware of any bugs with it, unlike noKO which affects both players and when it's turned off someone loses instantly

That's funny. Which docs are you looking at? It appears in Mugen 1.0 docs in the sctrls.html file, under AssertSpecial, under all the other flags. That's kind of why I said I wonder how I missed it. It seems to be there, but I was sort of unaware of it? :S

And just checked the WinMugen docs folder, and it's listed there too.

#12  February 27, 2013, 06:27:11 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I... don't remember it being there last time i had to look there. Maybe i am wrong. I am forgetting a lot of shit lately.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

2OS

#13  February 27, 2013, 07:27:57 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
there should be an exact total of 4 things undocumented ( unguardable isn't 1 of them ) and only 2 of them actually do anything.

and if noko is buggy cos it affects both teamsides then so is the documented nokoslow and nokosnd.
#14  February 27, 2013, 07:54:03 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
It's more buggy for what happens when it turns off after its effect has been applied.