YesNoOk

Implementing buffers/2-in-1s in MUGEN (Read 1174 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, February 08, 2013, 05:02:10 pm
Share this topic:
Implementing buffers/2-in-1s in MUGEN
#1  February 08, 2013, 05:02:10 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Alright so something piqued my curiousity. In some games, namely third strike and SSF4AE, feature the ability to input extra inputs during a command. I'm not talking about something like crouch medium punch into hadouken, which can be done with negative edge, but rather the ability to input a special during a super input. I think one example of this was the ability to input a QCF motion during a QCFx2 motion, resulting in the QCF special canceling into the QCFx2 super. Using Mugen's native command input system breaks this as soon as the first attack button is pressed though, requiring you do three QCF motions (I guess something like this could be circumvented by requiring just a single QCF motion to cancel the special into the super but this feels a little too specific). Was wondering if there was a way to implement this.
Re: Implementing buffers/2-in-1s in MUGEN
#2  February 08, 2013, 06:10:46 pm
 :pwn:

It's entirely possible to do that with KFM. So, either he has some code that allows just that, or it is built into Mugen. *shot*
#3  February 08, 2013, 06:13:54 pm
    • Thailand
Just depends on time allotted for the command.

You don' goofed, boy.
#4  February 08, 2013, 06:32:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, mugen allows that, that is one of the first things I tested. Maybe that broke on 1.0 or 1.1 ? command buffering got a few internal changes in those after all.
#5  February 09, 2013, 03:16:16 am
    • Thailand
It still works perfectly. =p