YesNoOk

Stage Problems (Read 881 times)

Started by KnightOfTheCraft, December 09, 2019, 10:40:34 pm
Share this topic:
Stage Problems
#1  December 09, 2019, 10:40:34 pm
    • USA
Alright so, it might just be the size i'm using, but after scaling them up, i feel like it's not that, but here's the simple version

basically, i'm making a lower-res stage, and i can't seem to get things to show up properly, mainly, everything in it is blurry.

my sprite sizes are relatively small, and i thought that that was it, but i noticed that even if i scale them up (and checking multiple times in fighter factory to make sure it wasnt blurred by that), and it would come out no better at all.

i feel like i might just be missing some obvious factor, but i'm not entirely sure.

UPDATE, FOR FURTHER INFO:  even weirder, it only seems to be the stuff close to the players, the background looks just fine, it only seems to be the floor and the torches
Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:22:27 pm by KnightOfTheCraft
Re: Stage Problems
#2  December 10, 2019, 05:30:57 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
A screenshot would be helpful. Also not using parallax would be important. Mugen will apply some scaling there and it won't look right.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Stage Problems
#3  December 11, 2019, 09:21:54 pm
    • USA
so i found the problem eventually, it's that i apparently didnt save everything in the same format, the blurry stuff was 24 and 32 bit, everything else was 8, i cannot describe how dumb i felt after i figured it out