YesNoOk

Ryu by DG (UPDATED 5/9/11) (Read 31186 times)

Started by KBN22, August 13, 2010, 10:35:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED AGAIN 10/16/10)
#81  October 17, 2010, 03:10:09 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Just tested the last update, and didn't read the rest of the topic.
I like what you're doing with this Ryu. Even though it's "just" an edit, it has some sweet ideas and neat FX.

- Some supers (if not all) give back power.
- I don't think that in this type of gameplay you should be able to chain supers into others (Shin Shoryuken into Shinku Hadouken, or even into itself).
- FX have mixed styles. Hadouken is CVS, but shinkuu and denjin are MVC. Chose one please.
- Also, I think it would look better if you removed the shadows from these FX.
- I don't like how you remove the lifebars during supers, since you can't see how much powerbar you have (to perform other moves if possible) and how much you've killed the opponent. Remove them during the superpause, but not more.
- Hadouken misses cornered opponents at close range (tested on SPO Ryu by Rikard).
- If I jump over the opponent and perform an aerial Tatsumaki, it looks strange how he goes far across the screen in the wrong direction.
- Shinkuu Tatusmaki causes debug flood on some opponents (in state 111353 : changed to invalid action 5061).
- Basics have too much juggling. I can do up to 6 or 7 s.LP and c.LP on opponents that are hit in the air.
#82  October 17, 2010, 10:17:09 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
KBN22, may I ask what are your original creations?
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE
#83  October 17, 2010, 10:55:04 pm
  • Heroin-flavored bananas finance revolutions!!!
Just tested the last update, and didn't read the rest of the topic.
I like what you're doing with this Ryu. Even though it's "just" an edit, it has some sweet ideas and neat FX.

- FIXED* Some supers (if not all) give back power.
- FIXED* I don't like how you remove the lifebars during supers, since you can't see how much powerbar you have (to perform other moves if possible) and how much you've killed the opponent. Remove them during the superpause, but not more.
- FIXED* Hadouken misses cornered opponents at close range (tested on SPO Ryu by Rikard).
- FIXED* Basics have too much juggling. I can do up to 6 or 7 s.LP and c.LP on opponents that are hit in the air.

1. I don't think that in this type of gameplay you should be able to chain supers into others (Shin Shoryuken into Shinku Hadouken, or even into itself).
2. FX have mixed styles. Hadouken is CVS, but shinkuu and denjin are MVC. Chose one please.
3. Also, I think it would look better if you removed the shadows from these FX.
4. Shinkuu Tatusmaki causes debug flood on some opponents (in state 111353 : changed to invalid action 5061).
5. If I jump over the opponent and perform an aerial Tatsumaki, it looks strange how he goes far across the screen in the wrong direction.

1. I always liked how DG's Ryu could chain Supers, like doing the ShinkuuTatsumaki into the ShinkuuHadouken.
   With the next update I will make sure that they cant chain into them selfs though..not quite sure how to do that yet..
2. I havent been able to find any Shinkuu Hadouken/Denjin FX that go well with this Ryu...
   I've been trying to "Hi-Res" those images by doubling the scale and using Radial Blur, but I'm
   still having troubles fine tuning the images..the edges stand out..
3. I dont mind the shadows either..if I ever finish the "hi-res" FX, I'll see how it looks w/o them..
4. State 5061 is Air Fall Comming down, some chars dont have this..The same debug happens with PotS Ryu's Special Kick.
5. I cant seem to dupilcate the Strange aerial Tatsumaki across the screen...

EDIT: Oh yea, and THNX for the feedback  :sugoi:
EDIT2: You were totally right about the Supers Chaining as well..It makes for a better character.  FIXED,Reuploaded
EDIT3: Reuploaded Again..messed up the CMD, my bad!!
Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:17:28 am by KBN22
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED AGAIN 10/17/10)
#84  October 18, 2010, 06:47:08 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Hey dude you don't fix the align bug on launching denjin hadouken and the shinku hadouken  :P

I Really like the new ryu's portrait ;P

And I Think the animations of falling and these things is very bad (for me) i can fix all if you send me ryu...
#85  October 18, 2010, 07:21:46 am
Hey dude you don't fix the align bug on launching denjin hadouken and the shinku hadouken  :P

I Really like the new ryu's portrait ;P

And I Think the animations of falling and these things is very bad (for me) i can fix all if you send me ryu...

Sure, the download is in the first post.
#86  October 18, 2010, 10:31:40 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
2. I havent been able to find any Shinkuu Hadouken/Denjin FX that go well with this Ryu...
   I've been trying to "Hi-Res" those images by doubling the scale and using Radial Blur, but I'm
   still having troubles fine tuning the images..the edges stand out..
3. I dont mind the shadows either..if I ever finish the "hi-res" FX, I'll see how it looks w/o them..
4. State 5061 is Air Fall Comming down, some chars dont have this..The same debug happens with PotS Ryu's Special Kick.
5. I cant seem to dupilcate the Strange aerial Tatsumaki across the screen...

EDIT: Oh yea, and THNX for the feedback  :sugoi:
EDIT2: You were totally right about the Supers Chaining as well..It makes for a better character.  FIXED,Reuploaded
EDIT3: Reuploaded Again..messed up the CMD, my bad!!
2. Why not taking POTS' Ryu's FX and try to double it's size with some filters ?
3. Either all with shadow, either none. :P
4. You should be using a selfanimexist trigger then. Whatever...
5. I just think the tatsumaki sends too far. The moment you pass on the other side when jumping over the opponent, if you hit with tatsumaki, he'll be sent behind Ryu.

EDIT 2 : Cool.
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED AGAIN 10/18/10)
#87  October 19, 2010, 03:26:58 am
Ahh I see wut you meant about the Tatsumaki, I went ahead and changed the Velocity on the kicks so the opponent doesnt do a hail mary across the screen..
Also I tried using PotS FX on this edit and they looked Horri-bad!!
SO I added some Placeholder FX until I can find something with a more CvS style feel to them that I like..although I do like how these FX look compared to the Old ones.. also removed the Shadows...

EDIT: 10-19-10
Minor fix to the Air Tatsumaki Vel

EDIT2: 10-19-10
Changed Denjin Color to match S.Hadouken

EDIT3: 10-19-10
Added Radial Blur to Denjin FX

EDIT4: 10-19-10
And on the fourth edit, man discovered Contrast   --;
Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:07:41 pm by KBN22
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED AGAIN 10/18/10)
#88  October 19, 2010, 09:03:24 am
why did you quit the dash-jump command?
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 10/20/10)
#89  October 21, 2010, 02:31:01 am
Updated Ryu! New Denjin and S.Hadouken, also all FX are now HiRes!! ENJOY!!!

EDIT: Removed that Horrid Afterimage from the Denjin Hadouken, fixed some sprites and added a SF4 palette in the ACT folder...

EDIT2: Fixed Hadouken Vels and anim time
Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:17:16 am by KBN22
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 2/8/11)
#90  February 09, 2011, 04:29:07 am
Decided to add a little more to this Ryu edit, I left the old version up..but this newer edit has a few New things, such as a Hyper BG and New Port, along with some fixes I mentioned in the spoiler on page 1...ENJOY!!
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 2/8/11)
#91  February 09, 2011, 07:18:33 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Sorry I couldn't resist making a sidejoke...but still its nice to see you further updated him. I'm still sticking with the older one cuz it suits my taste better, but I bet VS fans will love you for this update.

Kiba, I was wondering if you'd ever be interested in editing ExInferi's Ken like you did Ryu here...would prove to be very interesting stuff.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 5/9/11)
#92  May 09, 2011, 06:10:51 pm
RyuDG has been updated again.

-Added New hitsparks
-Went back to the PoTS style hyper BG
-Fixed various problems

ENJOY!!
Re: Ryu by DG (UPDATED 5/9/11)
#93  May 09, 2011, 07:28:16 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
SHIT

I forgot you sent me this, I'm sorry man