YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019) (Read 248249 times)

Started by GTOAkira, December 07, 2018, 05:29:54 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019)
#381  April 24, 2019, 04:51:03 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Yeah its a pretty big balance patch. The game you were playing yesterdays is pretty much a complete new game now a bunch of stuff with characters that worked 24 hours ago are gone
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#382  April 24, 2019, 05:12:27 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Quick question for anyone that have the Switch version, How you all like it?
#383  April 24, 2019, 05:18:55 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I have the non-existent version :)

#384  April 24, 2019, 06:03:03 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#385  April 24, 2019, 06:26:43 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Might be me, but does the game require me to input commands way earlier than most FG's do? I can't get used to it, also, from combos, how many should I learn from all those I read?  :mhmm:

In addition, MK11 doesn't seem to be as mixup heavy than X was at least.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:33:02 am by Amalgam of Gambling
#386  April 24, 2019, 07:41:45 am
    • Brazil
You know, I've been wondering what actually led NRS to keep Mileena out of the game and even of the DLCs, to the point of giving her moves to Kitana. It would have made total sense if she was brought back, like Baraka was. I mean, they made Kollector, a totally new character that had no hint of his existance in previous games and he didn't do anything in the story aside from getting beaten ocasionally. I liked his design, but to remove a classic character and introduce a new unimportant one is kind of a shit decision.
#387  April 24, 2019, 01:54:13 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Quick question for anyone that have the Switch version, How you all like it?

It's ok, but MAN does it run like a potato right now.

Gameplay is perfectly fine, but the graphics can look very pixelated on handheld (not to mention many dropped frames during Fatalities and Brutalities).

I also need to point out that I cannot access customization, Story, Krypt, AI Battle, Online or Fatality Training without installing that Day One patch, with that in-and-of-itself taking about a day or two to complete. I bet it will fix all the other issues I mentioned with the graphics.

ALTHOUGH I haven't tried out the game with my Switch docked yet. Hopefully it'll turn out better.

(EDIT: It did. All the crushing blows and fatalities where it would drop frames in handheld do not in docked mode. Hopefully this patch fixes the optimization for the handheld mode, tho.)
Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:11:25 am by Joey S.
#388  April 24, 2019, 02:18:59 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I've pre-ordered MK11 for Switch, but due to my location, it won't come out before the 10th of May ...
Hopefully the potato field experiment of the US has been fixed within the release in Europe.

I don't have online, so that aspect to me is not important. However, what are those grinding things people are talking about? It's not like Street Fighter 5, right? I got Urien and Abigail. All the rest DLC characters I've had no chance ranking up enough point to get them, and I won't pay for them if they are free. I hope it's not the same in MK11. I might just have got the information wrong, which I hope.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#389  April 24, 2019, 11:17:59 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I've pre-ordered MK11 for Switch, but due to my location, it won't come out before the 10th of May ...
Hopefully the potato field experiment of the US has been fixed within the release in Europe.

I don't have online, so that aspect to me is not important. However, what are those grinding things people are talking about? It's not like Street Fighter 5, right? I got Urien and Abigail. All the rest DLC characters I've had no chance ranking up enough point to get them, and I won't pay for them if they are free. I hope it's not the same in MK11. I might just have got the information wrong, which I hope.

Here's what they mean by grinding:

In order to unlock skins, cosmetic items, Fatalities, Brutalities and whatnot, you have to either earn them in the Towers of Time, through the Story mode or the Krypt. The Towers of Time can be a pain in the ass if you're not properly prepared for the match (For example, in the Tutorial Tower, I took on Noob Saibot who has unblockable Vampire Missiles that home in on you. You do get an item that nullifies the damage, but it lasts for at least 10-15 seconds before it wears off)

The Krypt doesn't have a set pattern of treasures now. Everything in there is random...  Meaning that if you're looking for something you want, it may not be there.

The guys at Netherealm will release an update for the Towers of Time that makes them a little easier to deal with and make the economy for the Krypt better. It's planned for later this week or early next week. Another thing to note is the in-game store. They don't want to artificially drive people to make microtransactions, so the only things in the in-game store will be certain cosmetic items, Time Crystals (the game's currency) and Easy Fatalities (BTW, 5 of them is worth 100 Time Crystals and you get 10 of them for each level you gain).

They will also send out a free in-game bundle of currency that consists of 500,000 Coins, 500 Hearts, 1000 Souls and 1000 Time Crystals in the near future.
#390  April 25, 2019, 05:59:58 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Oh good, now that it's out and I've gotten through the story I can finally open this thread again.

I suppose everyone's said their piece on the multiple currencies in the Krypt, but something I'm surprised not many have brought up is how little they're explained to you.  Of course it's simple enough to pick up and understand the intended purpose, but an hour in and I've yet to be told what the green currency is used for and/or how.  I'd presume the tying green containers but they don't allow interaction from the get-go and don't tell you how to go about spending them.  Likewise, they introduce the forge, have you pick up recipes, then don't tell you how to go about reading them.  So that's cool.

As an aside, I see that the classic costumes for all the original tournament members can be found in the krypt.  Just, in stone.  I hope you can get actual useable versions too.
Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 06:22:23 am by Long John Killer
#391  April 25, 2019, 07:22:33 am
  • Was it something I said?
Question about the Krypt. Are there jumpscares in it? Couldn't handle going down the one in MKX because of those dumb spiders.
#392  April 25, 2019, 08:17:00 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Question about the Krypt. Are there jumpscares in it? Couldn't handle going down the one in MKX because of those dumb spiders.

Death, seriously there are death traps that can kill you. There's also this one puzzle you can solve, but if you put together the skeleton, you'll get killed.
#393  April 26, 2019, 01:29:25 am
    • Brazil

Mods are a beautiful thing, aren't they. Also, didn't Boon say we would NOT have fighting NPCs outside of Kronika? Neither Cyrax nor Sektor are unlockable, nor are they on the DLC list (which, lets be real, was found in the game itself, so its not a random leak).
#394  April 26, 2019, 01:32:13 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yup, maybe to try to throw off people on the trail I guess. Gotta love the PC mod community, it's really fun to see what they can come up with.
#395  April 26, 2019, 01:52:12 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I guess supported content for "years to come" might just be their gateway.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#396  April 26, 2019, 01:56:48 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#397  April 26, 2019, 05:41:51 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#398  April 26, 2019, 06:11:40 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Microtransactions, a buggy PC port, complaints about the story's end and some backlash over the perceived censorship in the game; it was the perfect storm.
#399  April 26, 2019, 06:28:45 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Microtransactions, a buggy PC port, complaints about the story's end and some backlash over the perceived censorship in the game; it was the perfect storm.

A very perfect storm it seems like. Especially the microtransactions part. I meant, we have many examples in the past where people HATE them inside full-priced video games, like Battlefront 2 and the whole controversy about that. What makes them think that this is a good idea?!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#400  April 26, 2019, 06:45:03 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I just have one thing to say about all of this and that is OOF.