YesNoOk

floating system error for punches and kicks (Read 1258 times)

Started by Inactive user, March 12, 2019, 04:50:11 am
Share this topic:
floating system error for punches and kicks
New #1  March 12, 2019, 04:50:11 am
hello friends!

i am changing Unknown Soldier to floating gameplay, but i need to know how to keep the punches and kicks fixed on same position.

i know it´s a variable, but ain't setting up it correctly yet.

he is floating like storm and magneto, but the punches and kicks need to stay on the same position without variation of height.

i need clarify my ideas about it.
Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 03:32:50 am by Mazemerald.
Re: floating system error for punches and kicks
#2  March 12, 2019, 05:52:10 am
    • USA
Just have him stop floating and set his Y position manually when he enters the attack statedef.  The floating code should just automatically send him back to floating when he returns to idle.  That prevents something weird happening when you trade hits.
#3  March 12, 2019, 06:13:25 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I think you mean you want the sprites lifted up a few pixels? Fighter Factory 3 can do a batch of sprites and move them how ever many pixels you want.

I'd make a back up of your sprites/animations before messing around with it. I think the Undo button can't be used because of the amount of steps it takes. Can't remember. It's been like 2y since I've done it.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  March 12, 2019, 07:07:55 am
i think it was misunderstood friends, actually i am making unknown soldier like are Storm and Magneto.

the stand stance is floating, but when i do the stand light punch for example, this attack suffers a height variation because the floating.

i need a way to fix this stand light punch at the same position ever.

i found it on storm and magneto:

[State 200]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = MoveContact
var(19) = 1
ignorehitpause = 1
persistent = 0

but i don't know how to do the link to avoid the variation of height.

[State -1, Standing Punch]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = !NumPartner || (NumPartner && (sysvar(4) != [8,9]) && (sysvar(4) != 12) && (StateNo != [1251109,1251114]))
value = 200
triggerall = !var(59)
triggerall = command = "x"
triggerall = command != "holddown"
trigger1 = ctrl
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger2 = var(17) = 1 && var(19) = var(36)
trigger2 = stateno != 200

i want the kicks and punches at the same height and the floating makes a variation them and looks weird and awkward.

#5  March 12, 2019, 07:45:42 am
    • USA
Oh...you want the opposite!  So you want him to attack at the same height that he is floating at but not change Y when hitting?  Ok, that is slightly more complicated.

I think a similar process should still work, but definitely don't modify Y.  I'm not sure how your floating system is working, but I think it will help to separate the floating motion (sine wave?) and the idea that you are floating into two variables.  That way you can disable the sine wave, maintain floating, and reactivate motion when ready.  That should maintain your previous Y value without changing it until you return to idle (or otherwise reactivate).

#6  March 12, 2019, 10:52:48 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Can't you just do a changeanim and check if your variable for floating is on?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv