Soul Calibur 5 (Read 372201 times)

Started by GOH, December 25, 2010, 02:33:17 pm
Share this topic:

SNT

Re: Soul Calibur 5 announced!
#61  December 27, 2010, 10:28:20 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
For the same reason we don't like Motor Kombat, or Puzzle Kombat, or the hastily tacked on Konquest modes; they consume effort that should be going toward refining the main game.
#62  December 27, 2010, 11:26:55 pm
  • Just a regular goon
For the same reason we don't like Motor Kombat, or Puzzle Kombat, or the hastily tacked on Konquest modes; they consume effort that should be going toward refining the main game.
the konquest mode and the rest you mentioned i agree but create a charecters is just a way to make ssomeone new or from a differnt game it can only take like 5 mins
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#63  December 29, 2010, 07:01:00 am
  • RIDER KICK!
*Enters Weapon shop*

HAI THERE!

*Buys 5 Items* *Chi-Ching* THANK YOU VERY MU- *Chi-Ching* THANK YOU VERY MU-

*Chi-Ching*
THANK YOU VERY MU-

*Chi-Ching*
THANK YOU VERY MU-

*Chi-Ching*
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

*Leaves*

COME AGAIN! THANKS A LOT! ;)

Yeah... no I'm fine with silent shopping, thanks.
Yah, but those maids each had a distinct and unique fighting style, that were inspired by other characters of the series but not so much that they were the same. They were distinct and had their own flair. And besides, i freaken love those tambourines. And i'd rather have some Maid beat the living day lights out of my opponents then having to see voldo spasm everywhere on stage (making a refrence to his joke weapon.)

"Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way."
Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:05:11 am by KAMEN RIDER!
#64  December 31, 2010, 12:03:44 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
I'm hoping there aren't any guest characters.  They steal spots from characters like Li Long, who keeps getting the shaft (can't get the SC3 Arcade after all).  That's what create a character is for.

Create a character should also give you some freedom over a moveset.  Like pick from horizontal slash a, b or c. etc...  Could maybe merge some styles for something unique.

If I have to suffer more guest characters, I guess Ninja Gaiden would fit okay or something Final Fantasy related or Bayonetta/Devil May Cry could be interesting...  Just rather not see them.  Come up with some new unique characters.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#65  December 31, 2010, 12:24:55 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

I liked Puzzle Kombat!

And the thest your might/sight minigames werent too bad either...!

And since we talk about stupid guest characters.  Baraka from Mortal Kombat. He has at least more or less unique weapons.
#66  December 31, 2010, 12:33:31 pm
  • Just a regular goon
what about Jin Kazama? i get the feeling its gonna be a namco creation
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#67  December 31, 2010, 12:50:05 pm
Does anyone think they'll do away with the finishers? I didn't care for them, really.
#68  December 31, 2010, 12:54:46 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Couldnt you turn them off?
#69  December 31, 2010, 02:23:39 pm
  • No guts No glory..
well a ryu ayabusa and maybe dante(witouth all the shoting thing) would be really nice......if they could just include any or both of them i wouldn`t mind,with features like thata and no create-shity-soul mode maybe i could even buy again a console

#70  December 31, 2010, 07:30:01 pm
  • I am AEEEEEGGUOUUR
Yah, but those maids each had a distinct and unique fighting style, that were inspired by other characters of the series but not so much that they were the same.
Did they? I thought they simply used the custom character class weapons. (For example, the blonde one used the Dancer class tambourine weapons)

Does anyone think they'll do away with the finishers? I didn't care for them, really.

I always thought it was cool just to see what the character's finisher was. Although other than that I didn't really use it much, it didn't seem like it was a big part of the gameplay. I wouldn't really care if they took them away or not.

Links lead to their original Elecbyte posts.
#71  December 31, 2010, 08:15:03 pm
  • RIDER KICK!
Yah, but those maids each had a distinct and unique fighting style, that were inspired by other characters of the series but not so much that they were the same.
Did they? I thought they simply used the custom character class weapons. (For example, the blonde one used the Dancer class tambourine weapons)

I always thought it was cool just to see what the character's finisher was. Although other than that I didn't really use it much, it didn't seem like it was a big part of the gameplay. I wouldn't really care if they took them away or not.

I guess i miss phrased that a bit, i should have sayed the new classes that were given in SC 3 was unique, and that the bonus characters that was given these new styles fit them well :).
As for the finishers, yah... that wasn't really needed. I think it was to tie in the whole "armor breaking" system.

"Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way."
#72  December 31, 2010, 08:20:30 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Something tells me that they'll keep the finishers just to have something to discourage blocking.
#73  December 31, 2010, 08:23:12 pm
  • Fuck You.
you mean other than throws, unblockables, and guard breaks
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#74  December 31, 2010, 08:50:20 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ya, but then again the unblockables in the SC suck ass (Aside from being slow and easily telegraphed, THE WEAPON IS ON FIRE, THAT MEANS IT'S UNBLOCKABLE.) and you can't follow up attack from most guard break moves.

And throws are throws.
#75  December 31, 2010, 10:59:51 pm
  • I am AEEEEEGGUOUUR
I guess i miss phrased that a bit, i should have sayed the new classes that were given in SC 3 was unique, and that the bonus characters that was given these new styles fit them well :).
Oh yah. Removing those in SCIV was a disappointment.

Links lead to their original Elecbyte posts.

GOH

#76  April 27, 2011, 11:30:02 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:33:10 am by Bruiser
#77  April 27, 2011, 03:51:29 pm
Finally, my reason to keep my 360. I was about to sell it and keep my PSP for gaming needs.

I'm curious about what are they going to do with the characters and all the story that has been dragging on to ridiculous extents. I would scrap it all and just release a Soul Character Creation.
#78  April 27, 2011, 04:09:16 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Why the hell would they want to do that? o_O
#79  April 27, 2011, 04:10:41 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Personally I wanna discuss how cheap the boss in this game will be, can they top Night Terror and Tower of Lost Souls Algol?
OF COURSE THEY CAN, THEY'RE NAMCO

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#80  April 27, 2011, 11:01:17 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Any News About a Space Marine, or the Doomguy, Bayonetta or other character for Sc5?