YesNoOk

Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game! (Read 363198 times)

Started by Xenomic, December 20, 2012, 12:36:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game!
#301  June 11, 2017, 12:13:33 am
    • USA
incidently is there a way to use the test room to get youmu and then play through the game as normal?
#302  June 11, 2017, 12:45:37 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I just tested it via quick debug run (just flipped on the necessary switches to allow me to go into Winter Forest), beat the Ice Behemoth, and went into Hakugyokurou and didn't see any problems at all. Youmu showed up as normal. You can send me your save file so I can check it (I need the SaveXX.lsd file, not the dyn file. So just toss whatever save slot it is that you're using to me and I'll see what's going on.
#303  June 11, 2017, 01:52:51 am
    • USA
where should i send it?
#304  June 11, 2017, 01:55:09 am
    • USA
Mediafire is usually the easiest way I suppose, if you have an account there. Any of them file uploading sites is good enough.
#305  June 11, 2017, 01:58:27 am
    • USA
#306  June 11, 2017, 02:17:36 am
    • USA
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f98lok17dnbvus4/Save07.lsd

You'll have to reset your party (also, how are you level 40 at this stage in the game!? You're not even meant to be above level 15-20 at this point with most characters. o_O ). But yeah, for SOME reason, after finishing the events at Moriya Shrine (with Reimu and co.), the switch for defeating Youmu is flipped on (and again later on in another area). I have a feeling I fudged up with copying/pasting coding and didn't realize it. Oops! If you're going to use your original save (which I hope isn't level 40? lol), you'll have to head back to near the Human Village and go to the unusable village (west of Human Village), talk to the bottom debugger, and select Yes to fix it in that file.

For everyone else, have the update just in case.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

And just for the hell of it, here's what's new in this version too.

===============================================
            CHARACTERS

Cirno:

*No longer loses all summons after Kourindou (2nd). Now loses them after Kraken fight at Misty Lake, but still loses Daiyousei normally.

Komachi:

*Money Talks: Formula changed from 1% of yen player owns to (Total yen + 80000) / 200 for damage formula.

Remilia:

*Demon Lord Walk: All levels now set to 80% accuracy, instead of starting at 80% and increasing +1% per level up.
*Demon Lord Arrow/Ceiling Fear: All levels now set to 80% accuracy instead of starting at 80% and increasing up to 85% max. Now deals x4 damage vs. Flying.
*Demon Lord Cradle: All levels now set to 80% accuracy, instead of starting at 95% and decreasing -1% per level up. Now deals x4 damage vs. Gods.
*Vampire Claw: All levels now set to 75% accuracy instead of starting at 80% and decreasing 2% per level up. Now deals x4 damage vs. Humans.

BOSSES

*Utsuho's resistances fixed. HP increased from 9999 to 18,000.
   *1/2 physical to normal.
   *1/2 magic to normal.
   *1/2 elemental to normal (1/2 for Wind only)
*Lich fight with Utsuho now disables Kamikaze (counts as a wasted turn)

EQUIPMENT

*Oni's Gourd: No longer grants  +20 Attack. Now grants Auto-Bravery. 500 yen > 1000 yen.
*Oni's Horn: No longer grants +50 Attack. Now grants Auto-Bravery and makes regular Attacks deal x2 damage..
*Oni's Rage: No longer grants +100 Attack, +100 Defense, -100 Magic, and -20 Speed. Now grants Auto-Bravery and makes regular Attacks deal x3 damage.
*Magic Potion: No longer grants +20 Magic. Now grants Auto-Faith. 500 yen > 1000 yen.
*Grimoire: No longer grants +50 Magic. Now grants Auto-Faith and increases the power of all secondary commands (Reimu's Pray, Patchouli's Recharge, Sanae's Miracle, Byakuren's Chant, Meiling's Chakra, Remilia's Souleater/Amok, Komachi's Yen Toss/Money Talks, Mokou's Sacrifice, Nue's Morph, Yuuka's Threaten, Hope's Revive) by 25% for the equipped character.
*Grimoire of Alice: No longer grants +100 Magic -100 Attack, -100 Defense, +20 Speed. Now grants Auto-Faith and increases the power of all secondary commands (Reimu's Pray, Patchouli's Recharge, Sanae's Miracle, Byakuren's Chant, Meiling's Chakra, Remilia's Souleater/Amok, Komachi's Yen Toss/Money Talks, Mokou's Sacrifice, Nue's Morph, Yuuka's Threaten, Hope's Revive) by 50% for the equipped character.
*Defense Seal: No longer grants +20 Defense. Now grants Ice/Thunder/Dark Resist -25%. 500 yen > 1500 yen.
*Defense Pendalum: No longer grants +50 Defense. Now grants Ice/Thunder/Earth/Dark Resist -25%.

MAP

*The entrance to the final part of Remains of Hell during beta4 has been moved by the save point area before the Forgotten Bridge.
#307  June 11, 2017, 02:39:59 am
    • USA
i grind the heck out of my characters for skills for durability and for money. i start with that as soon as I can and do it obssessively until i go cross eyed from monotony.
#308  June 11, 2017, 02:41:28 am
    • USA
I see. Just so you know, it's possible to go without having to upgrade everyone. In fact, it's set up so that you don't have to super grind out at almost any point. Maybe a LITTLE here and there, but not to that extent hue. @_@;;

But that's not my problem there I suppose. Just letting ya know on that front. ^^;
#309  June 15, 2017, 12:20:26 am
    • USA
hehehe. :)

You don't like grinding but include items that cost close to 200K or (several that) require 99 1000 to 3000 yen items (E.G;  some of nitori's synthesis shop enabled acquirable skills.
You have to get enough money to purchase that many of the items. in one case 300,000K yen. but its more than one case like that. grinding for money or items isn't any different than grinding for levels, skills or hit points.
#310  June 20, 2017, 07:10:14 pm
    • USA
speaking of grinding this is day two of trying to get 5 frozen frogs. i have defeated  40 ice cave frogs (had three escape, lost three to my own team escaping mostly due to the buggy combat menu hanging on me during key strokes) at this rate it will take about ten days of continuous play to get the remaining 4 frozen frogs required by the plot to transform Cirno into Advent Cirno early. The frogs rarely appear as opposed to the other monster-opponents. and it appears that the odds of receiving a frozen frog drop once the frog encounter occurs is no better than 1 in forty (and counting) encounters so far.
#311  June 20, 2017, 10:19:57 pm
    • USA
What're you talking about transforming Cirno into Advent Cirno early? The only way to do that is to do a sidequest, you can't get it via the crafting shop.
#312  June 21, 2017, 04:10:42 am
    • USA
if i recall correctly from earlier versions you had to have 5 frozen frogs in inventory to get the advent cirno dialog to come up in one of the main subquests (earlier than it would otherwise?) it was either in the documentation or in posts here or in the comment section on one of the youtube walk through videos. i was not talking about the synthesis shop.

At any rate i am deep in day three of grinding for frogs in the ice cave and only have one frozen frog after 54 successful fights with the aforementioned frogs. in fact i have temporarily departed the ice caves in order to buy supplies back at the road of reconsideration village shops. those frogs do enough damage and inflict frozen conditions often enough to burn through my supplies when i encounter them at least when trying to encounter them over an over.
#313  June 21, 2017, 04:13:01 am
    • USA
That...was never a thing for the game. The only way to ever get Advent Cirno was through the sidequest with Shikieiki. There's actually no dialogue ever spoken by Advent Cirno either. @_@;
#314  June 21, 2017, 05:16:20 am
    • USA
you are saying that cirno did not have to fight advent cirno? that the Boss NPC that brings up the possibility to cirno and company does not tell cirno about her hidden potential? it seems we are speaking different languages. i said nothing about dialog spoken by Advent Cirno herself. another example of miscommunication; you thought somehow i believed advent cirno was obtainable in the synthesis shop when i said nothing that should have given that impression.

Now the only remaining point that needs clarity is; is there still a requirement for 5 frozen frogs in inventory in order to trigger the dialog about cirno being able to access her true potential (or whatever) or not?

...also this run through cirno did not get an initial "free" frozen frog. my memory could be faulty but didn't she find one earlier than the ice caves in older beta versions of the game?
Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:22:15 am by Stormbringer
#315  June 21, 2017, 05:33:48 am
    • USA
No, there is no requirement for the Frozen Frogs at all in this game to bring up any dialogue. From what I'm being told, the 5 Frozen Frogs thing is for getting Suwako in Touhou Labyrinth, so you might be confusing that with the dialogue in here. All you have to do is just talk to Shikieiki with Cirno in the party, and that's it.

As for the "free" Frozen Frog, the only one you can find in the game is in Bamboo Forest, hidden off to the left of a path in the water. Hard to see due to the fog.
#316  June 21, 2017, 06:04:05 am
    • USA
thank you! i think that is right. i let quite a while pass between my old play and playing the new versions so i probably forgot a lot. :)
#317  June 23, 2017, 04:39:19 am
    • USA
I just noticed something. Because i was grinding for frogs i also got a number of hit point apples from stealing from the frogs...

the descriptive text says = 30 hit points (...i think.) but the actual bonus is 50. should i have told you that or kept my mouth shut and keep pocketing 20 extra hit points per apple in the next version release?  ;)
#318  June 23, 2017, 04:50:10 am
    • USA
HP Crystal might've been the +30 you're thinking of. Or was it apple? Hmm...
#319  June 23, 2017, 06:15:33 am
    • USA
apples. the little frogs have apples as stealable loot :) I'm not complaining. i prefer 50 points per apple. i was just letting you know the description does not match the actual buff. right now i don't have one to recheck but i think it says 30 in the description. though looking at a HP crystal that description does say 30. I am not going back to the ice caves for a while so i will be unable to check. Sorry.
Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:20:18 am by Stormbringer
#320  June 23, 2017, 10:05:36 am
    • USA
speaking of stealing... (grouse grouse grouse) if you were contemplating a life as a thief and you knew you only had a 5 percent (or worse; a 1 percent) chance to succeed would you pursue that career anyway? It seems life as a thief in touhou fantasy isn't exactly a great  career plan.

and on that note;  what item combination allows the greatest buff to thievery? does mug also get the special loot that just using the regular steal command does or is it other stuff?