YesNoOk

unknown/asuka custom hits system (Read 17994 times)

Started by LM_MAVERIK, February 27, 2012, 07:51:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: unknown/asuka Video
#41  February 29, 2012, 01:30:09 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Okay, gotcha for the character.

About the stage, Using a normal method would seem like the best solution in this case. I mean : the stage doesn't have so many elements that give depth to the stage, contrary to most (if not all) of your other stages. This means that even when we move across the stage, the elements in the BG don't really "turn" with the 3D effect. Only the furniture in the middle can get this effect, and only a slight one since it's so far in the background. Other elements don't need it. Coding the floor with just some parallax would achieve the exact same result, you'd have more easily control over it (no need to struggle so there's no sliding) and it would be much easier I believe to avoid gradient problems.

But yeah, I'd understand if you didn't want to remake the whole stage if you already considered it as fine.
#42  February 29, 2012, 01:47:24 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
I was  thinking of rendering some of my stages with just delta BGs and parallax floors. So I am opened to that Idea. Also applying your method is actually faster then the delta method so it wouldnt be a problem to restart the stage.
#43  February 29, 2012, 01:55:12 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, one of the stages that could easily benefit from that is the Raijin (???) stage, where the God could be separated from all the BG elements if it hasn't been done already, this facilitating the animation of the sky, making it easy to avoid colorloss and all, with possible deltas. Adding to that, you could also separate Raijin from the floor and code the floor with parallax.
devil asuka??
#44  March 01, 2012, 04:46:26 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Devil asuka?? I was talking to one of my team mates about adding  secret items option variables. a different one exclusive to all characters.
how it would work is, before the match you'd select which ever secret item you want, similar to the sf, groove system. this will then unlock secret item moves that can be performed during the match.

@cybaster

yeh, funny enough I actually have done that for the "before the eyes of raijin stage" and will probably end up doing for more.

#45  March 01, 2012, 04:47:58 am
  • hecc
Devil asuka? But she doesn't have the devil gene.....
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#46  March 01, 2012, 05:01:49 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Devil asuka? But she doesn't have the devil gene.....

i know....the idea is just literally a secret item move. not story related. asuka doesnt have the devil gene but she has the bility to reverse the effect like jun kazama by touching anyone that has the devil gene. for example asukas ending where she touches jin.

secondly even though tekken tag is non canon unknown is verified as jun kazama, not only that but jun herself even has supernatural powers in that game. so basically both the kazamas and mishimas are fucked up genetically.

MDD

#47  March 01, 2012, 06:13:31 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Would that even work though? She would still be using regular Asuka's gethits, which means no horns or wings when she gets hit. Unless there's a way around this that i'm not seeing.

Also, if you're taking suggestions for VF characters, i'd say Goh just because he's one of the cooler guys from that game.

EDIT: Wait, don't you not like Cybaster? Don't you not like me for some reason? What am I doing here?

Whatever, I don't care about that anymore. I still want Bryan.
Re: devil asuka??
#48  March 01, 2012, 06:49:23 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Devil asuka?? I was talking to one of my team mates about adding  secret items option variables. a different one exclusive to all characters.
how it would work is, before the match you'd select which ever secret item you want, similar to the sf, groove system. this will then unlock secret item moves that can be performed during the match.

Actually, i think this is a great idea, a fresh spin to the project.
#49  March 01, 2012, 07:06:24 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@mdd

yes it would work I have done transformations before.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAmyrdW9QHA
this is from the old discontinued project. When shinjo transforms he has an entirely different series of hitstates and animations. he can transform when he has 1 full bar but it decreases at -5 per ticks even faster when you get it. The only time he transforms back is if the gauge is at zero or if he is hit whilst the gauge is almost empty.

also the only goh i know is the one on this site....Im not a fan of virtua fighter.

and my personal feelings do not effect how or when I post. Neither should it for you.

@noside

indeed, im basically taking concepts from the tekken 6 what if endings. Even ganryu gets the devil gene in his and yoshimitsu gets possessed by his evil sword. Hwoarang nearly becomes devil hwoarang. you get the idea. the secret items are just for extra fun.

MDD

#50  March 01, 2012, 07:12:42 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Yeah, i'm not going to let feelings get in the way,

Anyways, I am not a big VF fan either, so I wouldn't put any of them in there, but that's just a suggestion for one of the better choices.

And I guess if it works, then go for it. Will all the secret items be as excessive as Devil Asuka? Like, maybe Bryan could have more robotic parts and shit.
#51  March 01, 2012, 07:27:29 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Yeah, i'm not going to let feelings get in the way,

Anyways, I am not a big VF fan either, so I wouldn't put any of them in there, but that's just a suggestion for one of the better choices.

And I guess if it works, then go for it. Will all the secret items be as excessive as Devil Asuka? Like, maybe Bryan could have more robotic parts and shit.

yes in a way. because each tekken character has the item "heart of azazel" so say for example yoshimitsu. He will turn into the psycho yoshimitsu in the tekken 6 ending. I'm not sure what to do with bryan though. maybe like you said some crazy robotic update or just give him a vulcan mini gun and have him shooting like a mad man. For a character like armor king and king I'll probably just end up turning them into a full man beast.
#52  March 01, 2012, 07:32:39 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#53  March 01, 2012, 07:33:07 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
haha i just though of something devil mukojin he has branches with leaves growing out of his back
#54  March 01, 2012, 07:36:24 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
wait bryan could grab onto you and do his laugh then explode and it shows the explosion from space

MDD

#55  March 01, 2012, 07:40:43 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Bryan's could be T6 face stitches + T6 heart core thing + minigun arm + huge engine thing on his back.
#56  March 01, 2012, 07:56:03 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
haha i just though of something devil mukojin he has branches with leaves growing out of his back

in tekken tag 2 he actually does have that lol, looks more like bat wings in the form of a wooden kite though.
also i might need to come up with something else for mokujin since he already has devil jin moves and according to the tekken story
mokujin cannot be influenced by evil. he is basically mother nature fighting back.
your self destruct idea is also reserved for someone else  ;)

iced and mdd

I like the idea of the zombified look and showing his generator through his chest along with vulcan mini gun.

Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:59:15 am by LM_MAVERIK
Re: unknown/asuka custom hits system
#57  March 03, 2012, 03:46:05 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
#58  March 03, 2012, 11:30:46 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Loving those new animations, also that new Lifebar, looks great! a master piece!  :sugoi:
#59  March 04, 2012, 04:06:53 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Loving those new animations, also that new Lifebar, looks great! a master piece!  :sugoi:

cheers, I still have a lot more custom animations.
I'm planning wall hit ones, low kick reactions and ones for low blows.
Re: devil asuka??
#60  March 04, 2012, 04:44:19 pm
    • Puerto Rico

@cybaster

yeh, funny enough I actually have done that for the "before the eyes of raijin stage" and will probably end up doing for more.
Looks amazing and the idea is very creative if I can make afew suggerestions you should add that chain that devil jin haves on his waist and left arm and maybe change devil asuka's stance so it won't look to similar to the regular version of her and you can change his clothes color to maybe black and a very dim red and add afew tears on the pants on top collar of her jacket and good luck on your project Maverik I can't wait to see howw your characters look when there done  :sugoi: