YesNoOk

Help with adding characters (Read 9965 times)

Started by spartanmark6, August 21, 2016, 05:21:27 am
Share this topic:
Help with adding characters
#1  August 21, 2016, 05:21:27 am
    • USA
   Okay so I am new to this engine and I having a tough time figuring out how to add in the characters. I have read all of the tutorials, watched countless videos, and even followed them exactly and my characters are not turning out properly. I am using Blender 2.77 and the exact issue is that the models keep being messed up. Let me elaborate, there are two ways to export the models in Blender (1. default Collada, and 2. EF-12 Collada). Both ways have not turned out successful. When using method 1, the skeleton appears to be fine when exporting and re-importing into Blender except when going into the Viewer, the model turns out to be all huge and pieces of the model are deforming everywhere. When using method 2, the skeleton outright messes up when re-importing into Blender. Now I am applying the Object Transformations (Location, Rotation, and Scale), but it is making no difference whatsoever. I am going to leave links down below showing the issue and if needed I can make a video and provide my files. I have been stuck on this for many days and have not gotten any closer from where I started. Please note that this has nothing to do with bad weights because I already know how to weight models in Blender and I have completed a lot of successful models ported to a different game engine.

Links:

Before Exporting: http://puu.sh/qGsQr/d922b4ddb9.png
After Exporting: http://puu.sh/qGsW8/a67a224827.png

Thanks,
spartanmark6
Re: Help with adding characters
#2  August 23, 2016, 02:31:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
It seems that you are using your own skeletons, am I wrong?
Have you already tried to use the rigs for Blender made to fit EF-12? (They are for download at ef-12.com).
About size of character, I suffered a lot with it. I use the rigs from Quad Arrow because they are the right size, so I scale the model, apply with ctrl+a and the things do right.
My first character was made in the Project Pinocchio, and I had to downsize my character to 0.1, plus rotating and stuff.
I hope have helped a little.