FemFreq/Kotaku/Polygon/SJWs/All things anti GG
16 (19.8%)
#GamerGate
65 (80.2%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Re: #GamerGate
#1021  October 22, 2017, 04:47:03 am
    • Germany
Is someone attacking the site right now? I always get errors If I try to go there, it's there for some seconds but then I get a database error. ^^
#1022  October 22, 2017, 04:53:26 am
i don't think anyone is deliberately attacking the site, neogaf used to go down all the time whenever big events happened, now the site is getting hammered because everybody wants to take a look at the threads being posted
#1023  October 22, 2017, 04:59:30 am
    • Germany
Ah ok I did not know that the site is so intestable.
#1024  October 22, 2017, 05:07:52 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Only thing that worries me is that their standard userbase is going to spread to the rest of the popular sites once neoGAF is gone for good. It was also an easy way to find stupid posts since they happened in that one place quite frequently, although their userbase does more damage than good so I'll take the site getting nuked over a good laugh every once in a while.
I've been seeing some saying "Poor GameFAQS" in jest. I'd like to hope that some new users talking about ideas like 'Mario is a male power fantasy oppressing his wealthy royal princess solely by his being the game lead and rescuing her!' would get them bullied off most web boards, unless the user base some manages to subvert a portion of the mod team to ban anyone who disagrees! Beware MFG! It could be you!!!!!
Honestly, I feel like most will just go back to GAF, if they aren't already banned, to sate their lazy online social addictions or they'll stick to their Twitter echo chambers, afterall no one can disagree with them if they're blocked!

I absolutely love how all the people who were crying "GAMERS ARE SEXIST" are the ones cropping up with sexual assault charges.

Irrefutable proof that they were trying to compensate for their own reprehensible behavior.
Absolutely true! It's some of the most delicious irony I've witnessed. It's just a shame their crimes and actions aren't victimless, which makes them all the more fucking revolting. I'd rather be a "game-journo defined misogynist" and a "heartless internet troll" than a fucking rapist like some of these clowns are.
#1025  October 22, 2017, 05:10:51 am
It's just like the bible-thumping hypocrites of the 90's but they were beaten too.

Pleasant sight to see one of their pages look like this.
#1026  October 22, 2017, 06:11:06 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
i'm glad i lived long enough to watch this pile of shit burn to the ground

Me too. I hope that this controversy means the end of NeoGaf. That site produced nothing but trouble as of the late.

On a side note, how did a site like NeoGaf got so filled up with sexual predators, rapists, and pedophiles in their leadership positions? One mod or admin being a sex offender is a happenstance and two is a coincidence. But all of this? There something rotten going on over there.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1027  October 22, 2017, 06:22:35 am
  • 0% Hawaii
  • My shoe commands more respect than you.
    • Guatemala
It's just like the bible-thumping hypocrites of the 90's but they were beaten too.
"male feminist" being a sex predator is the new conservative anti-gay politician being a closeted homosexual.

Moralist of any leaning are inherently bad because the only people concerned with shaping others' morality are those who have none themselves.
On a side note, how did a site like NeoGaf got so filled up with sexual predators, rapists, and pedophiles in their leadership positions?
Simple: anyone with an ounce of decency either left the place before the ship sank or was kicked out.
#1028  October 22, 2017, 06:42:47 am
Dear gamedevs;

NeoGAF doesn't have to be your audience

NeoGAF is over.
#1029  October 22, 2017, 10:23:23 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Dear gamedevs;

NeoGAF doesn't have to be your audience

NeoGAF is over.

When has NeoGAF EVER been their audience lately?
Past a few instances, I've seen far less game developers ever actually interact past a few instances of clearing things up.

I absolutely love how all the people who were crying "GAMERS ARE SEXIST" are the ones cropping up with sexual assault charges.

Irrefutable proof that they were trying to compensate for their own reprehensible behavior.

This as well.
It's been way too apparent that the ones screeching for "EQUALITY" and "SEXIST" are some of the most reprehensible people I've seen.
And just like everyone else, I'm glad NeoGAF is burning to the ground anyway since I found it to be a very pointless clubhouse in this day and age.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1030  October 22, 2017, 11:32:27 am
  • yes
    • www.google.com
Mods were leaving left and right without giving any (clear) notice, this happened immediately after the information about the owner was out in the open.
People began to hear about this and started asking questions by posting new threads and whatnot, they got all locked and most people complaining got banned. Account suicides and irl suicide threats ensued.
The staff who didn't leave were supposed to give a statement but never gave one, just like that one time that ex-mod was arrested for being a paedophile.
They handled this shitshow horribly and this is pretty much all their fault :woeh:

Site started to go even more downhill after the US elections anyway.
where there is a will,there is a way。
Sounds like you're just jealous that Duke Nukem has a bigger dick and gets ALL the bitches.
Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:51:23 am by Gheleon
#1031  October 22, 2017, 02:37:47 pm
    • Germany
I searched for NeoGaf on Google to see which sites had News about this right now, and it seems that IGN Italia had news about it, but the page has now been removed, did someone now what they posted there? xD
#1032  October 22, 2017, 04:40:15 pm
I'm sure it isn't much different from the 30 or so other sites who've covered it now (including our #1 games outlet the Rolling Stone).

https://twitter.com/mombot/status/922082692094599168
Bonus: Many members of the gaming press who aligned themselves against GamerGate were frequent neoGAF readers or posters.

Champions against the "harassment campaign" have been supporting someone who's own misogyny and harassment has been known since 2012.
Games journalists.
#1033  October 22, 2017, 05:59:30 pm
#1034  October 22, 2017, 06:05:12 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1035  October 22, 2017, 06:11:48 pm
When I looked at it, there was a thread about where to find a good game for $14.88

Not sure how well this'll do, long-term.
#1036  October 22, 2017, 09:03:57 pm
#1037  October 24, 2017, 05:34:42 am
  • Complicated.cns
    • Argentina
#1038  October 24, 2017, 05:39:06 am
  • If you ask me again, I'll tell you the same.
    • USA
Now listen all you boys and girls,
All around the world,
Don't be afraid to get up and move!
You know that we're all Super Stars,
We're the ones that made it this far!
Put a smile on that face,
There's no time to waste,
Oh, let's do The Odyssey!
#1039  October 24, 2017, 05:51:56 am
  • 0% Hawaii
  • My shoe commands more respect than you.
    • Guatemala
Modbot said:
The future of NeoGAF will be a return to what many of us have come here for, a place where we can gather together and enjoy our shared hobby of video games. For a short time, Off-Topic Discussion and Off-Topic Community will be closed so that we can rediscover that. We'll be starting with a clean slate when they come back. However, the focus will be on the many other hobbies we may have like TV, movies, anime, writing, music, etc. Political and social discourse will not be allowed in the new Off-Topic. Those types of discussions greatly added to the harsh and unwelcoming atmosphere of Off-Topic, which pushed many users away. For those worried: OT has not been deleted, and important threads will be archived for recovery once it's open again.
TL:  We don't want a forum full of rainbow-colored spastics squealing "listen and believe" now that our admin has been outed as a sex predator.

Modbot said:
Moderation will also see changes. Over the years, moderators changed from simply people who made sure discussion stay civil into personalities. It's because of that, many were targeted for harassment and other things. This shouldn't be happening to them. We've taken action to protect these people by making moderation anonymous. There will be no more red-names that single them out nor will there be a list of who is one.
Just when you think Neogaf's staff couldn't possibly be any more spineless.
#1040  October 24, 2017, 06:16:52 am
It a great mantra until it's used on you, then it isn't so great anymore. :(

So what's gonna happen to the people who left? The old members, ex-mods included, have:

1: Turned on GAF and have dubbed it as a evil, pro-GG website. Not that anyone important will care, now that they're a fractured entity without the influence they once had.

2: Are trying to start a new clubhouse called ResetEra, in which they plan on doing little more than doubling down on what caused GAF's demise in the first place.