YesNoOk

KoF XIII data (Read 29191 times)

Started by Niitris, January 28, 2014, 07:09:56 pm
Share this topic:
KoF XIII data
#1  January 28, 2014, 07:09:56 pm
Might be old (video was uploaded in November).

They will probably be better methods soon, but if you have the phone version of KoF XIII (currently unspecified if it's iOS or Android), it's possible to display the Contact and Hit Boxes for XIII. Probably won't be any use of this in the immediate future (since it was never discovered how it was done afaik), but I guess it can be useful for anyone who interested in making quality characters in 13's style (and 12 I guess).

I'll try to find more information if I can.

Download the hitbox viewer here:
https://github.com/odabugs/kof13-hitboxes

To get the mod to work, you'll need to install four files. However, the last one can no longer be downloaded from the site due to changing the file types. Here's the needed exe:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h13s61bbfx2t43l/pydbg-1.2.win32-py2.7.exe
Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:24:08 pm by Niitris
Re: CLSNs for KoF XIII discovered.
#2  January 28, 2014, 07:35:20 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Nice find. The hitboxes look similar to the ones in NGBC and KOF XI.
#3  January 29, 2014, 04:40:13 am
Thank mmcafe, I just stumbled upon it.... yeah that doesn't surprise me too much.

I couldn't get anything else, but I know that there are programs that can run phone games from a CPU. Even if that wasn't the case, the Bandicam watermark shows that a video player can be used to get the frames CLSNs via frame skipping or something.

Only thing now is how to mod XIII to get the CLSN data.
Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:32:07 am by Niitris
#4  January 29, 2014, 05:50:15 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Good ol' SNK... please never change.
#5  January 29, 2014, 06:16:19 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Very very interesting^^
#6  January 29, 2014, 07:53:22 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I have this on my android tablet, what do you do to view them?
#7  January 29, 2014, 08:50:22 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Probably won't be any use of this in the immediate future (since it was never discovered how it was done afaik)

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#8  July 01, 2014, 04:49:46 pm
#9  July 02, 2014, 03:10:52 am
Double posting for knowledge.

What people have found in XIII's hitbox data:
Spoiler: lots of pics (click to see content)
#10  July 02, 2014, 03:43:24 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Idk why, but something just feels.. off about these hitboxes (or maybe it's just me).

Still, might as well take these (along with KI's) as a study guide, since I'm pretty much learning about hitbox placements and how they're used effectively.
#11  July 02, 2014, 05:10:03 am
Don't know about KI3 (will check Youtube one day) but XIII disobeys certain conventions, the two most notable being:

1) Red should never pass Blue (outside a few exceptions).
2) Red should always reach higher than Blue in anti-airs (one of the exceptions).

While it's not "wrong," it doesn't honor the CLSN standards of older games. Also, projectile hitboxes are tiny (poor Andy) and could benefit from being a shade bigger (and certainly placed better).

Small note: King's DF+D (slide command move) can go under projectiles in the older games. In XIII, doesn't work. Also, Kyo and Athena's far Standing D can normally leap over moves like Power wave and other low hitting attacks (also the case in CvS2). That was also removed.
#12  July 02, 2014, 05:33:08 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
1 has been defunct for a good while now. Most attacks in fighters have red coming out of the blue. It's how priority is determined.
#13  July 02, 2014, 03:48:24 pm
Yeah I noticed. :P
Thanks for the correction there.
#14  July 02, 2014, 05:28:00 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
1. was elecbyte overcompensating because a lot of people did completely the opossite on the early mugen days; attack would have only the red box with no blue box covering the limb at all.
#15  July 02, 2014, 06:56:22 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Does that priority thing in mugen even do anything?

The hit boxes in KOF 13 look exactly how I would expect them to look. 
#16  July 03, 2014, 12:03:23 am
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
Does that priority thing in mugen even do anything?

If one hitdef has a higher priority value than another then attacks simply don't trade, the higher priority will still hit and the other one is ignored. so nothing like conventional games
#17  July 04, 2014, 04:46:05 pm
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
I realize I'm splitting hairs here, but it could be used to replicate the system Virtua Fighter uses, where higher damage attacks always take priority over lower damage attacks. Trades only ever occur in VF if the two attacks do the exact same damage.

But yeah, as far as typical 2D fighters go, "priority" is generally an umbrella term for things like hitboxes, frame data, etc and not an actual numerical attribute of an attack. In MUGEN it IS though, which means that actually using it in most cases results in something less faithful to most games.

edit: duh, forgot to add what I was originally going to post - this is a pretty awesome discovery!
Re: KoF XIII data
#18  February 13, 2015, 06:58:19 pm
This is mainly a frame data sheet for the cast used for competitive play and whatnot, but it does have good info on stun on normals and whatnot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172l3_VnNhnc-BDJK6mQqJew9EVZYVCR7F2aSrzhh65U/edit?pli=1#gid=1551678957

Hitstun: 15 Blockstun: 13 on all grounded A and B normals in the game
Hitstun: 21 Blockstun: 19 on all grounded C and D normals in the game
Blockstun: 23 on all grounded CD attacks in the game
Hitstun: 13 Blockstun: 13 on all hop and jump A and B normals in the game
Hitstun: 13 Blockstun: 16 on all hop and jump C and D normals in the game
Blockstun: 19 on all hop CD attacks in the game
Blockstun: 23 on all jump CD attacks in the game

States that there may be inaccuracies but considering NeoGeo KoF's numbers for hit/block stun, sounds credible enough.
#19  February 13, 2015, 07:07:43 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Yup that looks right, during the time I spent with NGBC. I found that there was literally like 4 sets of velocities and 2 sets of hitstuns for everything in the game. There were occasional scenarios where shit was whack though.

Consistency nigga
#20  September 19, 2016, 09:17:39 pm
I'm finally getting around to using the hitbox viewer... after 19 months. D:

Just wanna update that the last thing needed to get the viewer to work isn't easily accessible through the website. They changed the extension to whl files, which made it easier on them but a massive pain compared to opening an exe. Which is why I'm uploading the exe needed on mediafire (see first post). The first three things are still the same.

But that's not all. I just might be in over my head, but I'm gonna attempt to make tables with this using Cheat Engine. I'm doing the tutorial thing now, just learned about pointers and stuff. Hope I can make decent headway in the coming days.