YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 831403 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2621  October 28, 2017, 03:26:52 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#2622  October 28, 2017, 04:48:29 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Would've been better in the "fighting games news that don't deserves their own thread" but FunctionFiend was mainly involved in MvCI, so eh.
Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:32:30 am by Kirishima
#2623  October 28, 2017, 12:00:05 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!

SNT

#2624  October 28, 2017, 02:14:12 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Combofiend was just a function.
#2625  November 10, 2017, 04:42:47 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
This seems to be legit
https://pastebin.com/T5nijdNq
https://www.reddit.com/r/mvci/comments/7btrh4/rumored_changes_coming_after_battle_for_the_stones/

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2626  November 10, 2017, 05:33:00 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Sounds great, but now is a little too late for Capcom to try and grab some of the many people they disapointed back... Better late than never I guess.

...HSD glitch?

SNT

#2627  November 11, 2017, 06:01:00 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
It was reported, then the deal was dead, now the deal is back on the table.

https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-talks-still-alive/

tl;dr: Disney wants to buy 20th Century Fox's TV and movie assets. Everything from Simpsons TV shows to X-Men and Fantastic 4 movie rights, lock stock and barrel. Obvious implications for MvCI DLC plans.
#2628  November 11, 2017, 06:41:19 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I saw Simpsons. Can't wait for Springfield stage that will be DLC then.
#2629  November 11, 2017, 10:41:26 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
So apparently the TMNT in IJ2 were leaked last week
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191336-injustice-2/75925069

The same guy just leaked a lot of stuff coming to MVCI
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

SNT

#2630  November 11, 2017, 11:56:09 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Seems too good to be true, but I like this new Capcom that remembers they have God Hand.
#2631  November 12, 2017, 02:20:23 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Until somebody at Capcom says this is legitimate, I'm not buying this leak at all.
#2632  November 12, 2017, 02:36:40 am
    • Mexico
I remember this guy.
It was the one who Max said had a "very credible" leak back in September.
Now, if he really leaked the Ninja Turtles, I'll give him a chance. Not that I trust it much, I think someone from GAF (IntelliHeath IIRC) debunked it.
#2633  November 12, 2017, 02:40:42 am
Until somebody at Capcom says this is legitimate, I'm not buying this leak at all.
I'm not sure in what world you're actually expecting someone from Capcom to come out and say "this leak is true / not true".
And if you just mean some sort of announcement that would happen to have the same info, there's no way it's coming anytime before at least half a year, like, 2 weeks before this supposed Summer update. We haven't even had all the first DLC characters yet, and the first official reveals were like a couple weeks before the first three characters came out.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:45:38 am by Byakko

lui

#2634  November 12, 2017, 08:14:42 am
    • USA
the info he gave for IJ2 was disgustingly accurate. like shit, down to the very important details and how the turtles would be portrayed.

so I'm betting some of his stuff is real
#2635  November 12, 2017, 04:07:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Capcom apparently wanted a Power Stone character. In particular Edward Falcon or Rouge, but they were specifically set on Falcon. Marvel ultimately turned him down because "they didn't want confusion with their Falcon." They said that for whatever reason, Capcom didn't fight them on it (which comes as no surprise there given how the roster turned out if this is true) or decide to go with Rouge instead as the Power Stone rep.

This part in particular reeks of bullshit since UMvC3 had Phoenix and Phoenix Wright with no problems.

Most of that in general feels like it's going into way too much detail to be legit.  The season 2 DLC stuff might be real since it lines up with most of the other alleged leaks floating around, but beyond that I put much stock in this.
#2636  November 12, 2017, 05:14:31 pm
keep in mind marvel probably weren't as strict with the characters in umvc3 and that power stone is a worthless IP compared to ace attorney
#2637  November 12, 2017, 06:46:51 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Even so, it doesn't seem believable the way they describe it.  Even with how strict Marvel's being with their characters in this game, I doubt they have any sway over what Capcom characters are allowed in.  The idea that they would say "You can't use your character named Falcon in case we want you to use our character named Falcon, which we don't" and that Capcom immediately rolled over is absurd.

At least the leaker themselves is acknowledging how dumb it sounds.
#2638  November 12, 2017, 06:47:12 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Most of that in general feels like it's going into way too much detail to be legit.  The season 2 DLC stuff might be real since it lines up with most of the other alleged leaks floating around, but beyond that I put much stock in this.
All of the stuff the guy talks about is an amalgation of several other fake leaks that appeared before, just pushed to further reveal dates.
He might've had TMNT and Enchantress right, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're getting Gill (already proven bullshit) and a rebalanced Ultron Sigma (also proven bullshit, especially moreso now because he's literally a combination of a base roster char and a DLC char, they wouldn't let that happen), or four free SFV characters which has also been debunked.

One lucky guess next to a pile of regurgitated info by a guy who claims to be the leaker doesn't really inspire confidence.

Even so, it doesn't seem believable the way they describe it.  Even with how strict Marvel's being with their characters in this game, I doubt they have any sway over what Capcom characters are allowed in.  The idea that they would say "You can't use your character named Falcon in case we want you to use our character named Falcon, which we don't" and that Capcom immediately rolled over is absurd.

Wouldn't even make sense because even in Japan there would be no reason not to have Falcon as he's named. Phoenix & Phoenix was just Naruhudo-kun & Phoenix over there so it was a non-issue; Falcon & Falcon is a non-issue as well because we'd have Fokker and no Marvel Falcon was even put into consideration in said "leaks" up until that post.

I'm pretty sure the guy just added a lot of shit to get a rise out of people going "Wow are these companies fucking stupid??" what with the whole DBFZ stuff too. lol
Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:52:11 pm by henk
#2639  November 12, 2017, 06:55:06 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

Niitsuma said Marvel vetoed them from using Demitri in MVC3 because of midnight bliss.  I don't believe any of this either, but that does have a precedent.

#2640  November 12, 2017, 07:20:10 pm

i believe them, i've seen more ridiculous stuff before,  didn't the guy who are in charge of disney side is a super corporate stooge and for some reason he doesn't even mention xmen or even the character names. them requesting to capcom not to include any characters that has the same name with their's is very plausible.