YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1522421 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2001  December 13, 2017, 11:30:49 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Looks like an older Supreme Kai of Time.

...Except if as I recall correctly from the Xenoverse games, she is "old", she just doesn't age or just has a small body type.  So I dunno, maybe it's her transformation or something.  Maybe a relative, or at least same species.
#2002  December 14, 2017, 09:50:58 am
you know i kinda like that idea, older sexier version of supreme kai of time. then again they said this character will show up in super.
#2003  December 15, 2017, 02:50:19 am
    • USA
They did?  I had imagined they would intentionally go out of there way to keep them separate, given the game's attachment to the past while Super's concentrating on new stories.  Also, Future Trunks.  The games went with the Z version of him, while the show went with a new version.  Yet it's technecally the same variant of the character from the same timeline, but each one are very different.  Heck, the Xenoverse one kept the purple hair color, while Super's went with the quazi-retconned/restored blue hair. (That I personally still think just looks terrible on him.  Purple just feels right)

I'd have to imagine the games, while introducing her, would be required to be non-canon to Super, then?  Or soft canon, keep the area and world building, retcon anything story related that would impede the show's story that originated in the games.  And then, like, Xenoverse 3 could hand-wave it aside as it's a parallel timeline to their own dimension or something.  I mean, weirder things have happened in the Xenoverse games.  The finale to the first one revealed that Goku can Instant Transmission between timelines, going from end of Battle of Gods to Toki Toki City.  That makes, like, no sense, and makes Trunks' time machine all but useless.
#2004  December 15, 2017, 01:22:34 pm
xenoverse has 3 version of future trunks. the z purple hair , the time patroller and the blue hair scarfed one.

dunno if it's a character in xenoverse but i don't follow heroes so i don't know much about their current story i just know they are fighting dabura/towa's race in heroes. so probably the new character is from a demon race. we don't know if the new character is tied to the current arc of super or will be a future character after TOP.

but my guess is it's probably belmod's true form. or someone who is related to belmod that will be introduced in the future after the TOP ends.
Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:26:38 pm by 地獄の花
#2005  December 15, 2017, 01:45:01 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
What if the new character is for a movie? I have nothing to base this on at all I just want another Dragon Ball movie.
#2006  December 15, 2017, 02:02:59 pm
well they said that there will be a new movie next year.
#2007  December 16, 2017, 03:16:05 am
A new characters gonna make an appearance in ep 121
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2008  December 17, 2017, 05:00:12 am
  • Niigasan
Dude looks like a beast can't wait for next episode
#2009  December 24, 2017, 03:19:09 am
    • USA
I like how this new baddie for this week's episode was for all intents and purposes just a fanservice fusion between Hatchiyack, Janemba and Hirudegarn.

I get why they had 18 drop out, 17 is comparatively much less fleshed out so give him some screentime by himself, but the method of doing it was kinda stupid.  Especially directly following good guy Goku saving 18 from being eaten (Which I guess adds Cell to the fusion) with instant transmission, so...I guess 18 was the only one who noticed him being knocked out of the ring.  Oh well, went better off than the likes of Piccolo or Tien.

Preview for the next episode is of much higher quality than normal.  Would be nice if the whole episode kept to a similar quality.  Guessing Vegeta's not going to make much actual progress against Jiren, but we know he does manage to land at least a good hit on him.  Which already downplays how how hard Jiren was wiping the floor with Blue before, but guess we'll see what's different this time next week.  Vegeta has shown he's better at Blue, but didn't think they'd do another case of him being better at an old form than Goku in a new one. (Like his SSJ2 being better than Goku's SSJ3)
#2010  December 24, 2017, 05:34:47 am
  • Niigasan
the only one i got from that was janemba with the teleport fist thing, but i see the other 2 to, hopefully that final flash will be as epic as the one he did on cell you can see how powerful its gonna be just by how his hands struggle to come together, cant wait for it
#2011  December 24, 2017, 06:29:27 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Aw man. The preview was better than this week's ep. It was good though. I will say it's a bit weird that it went for the beam struggle when it could have just kept spamming unconventional attacks.

I kinda wanted to see Anizara crash into U3's spot while still combined lol.
Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:32:12 am by Koop
#2012  December 24, 2017, 06:47:11 pm
haha so in the end they did go back to using movie ideas for different universes, even the family beam struggle. Nice.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2013  December 27, 2017, 09:31:56 pm
  • Niigasan
spoilers for episode 123-125
#2014  December 27, 2017, 09:42:03 pm
Wow, big surprise
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2015  December 27, 2017, 09:47:37 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#2016  December 31, 2017, 10:33:00 am
Oh hey, chapter 31 is already out. Nothing much, just SSJ3 Goku vs #17.
Piccolo said:
Give me senzu beans. I'm gonna train Gohan !
Lol someone's gonna get hurt a lot.
#2017  January 07, 2018, 03:36:04 am
    • USA
Going from a movie villain episode to recreating the first fight with Perfect Cell fighting Vegeta this week.  All that was missing from the jump from Jiren being beaten of the ground to getting right up in Vegeta's face with no damage was him missing an arm and regrowing it.

S'alright episode.  I can't help but be amused when you can see the moment when they just flip the quality animation switch on.  Nothing really new happened, showing off Vegeta being the boss until the expected last minute heel turn showing off he did nothing of value.  Power scaling continues to hurt, as Dyspo easily solos Frieza now, but at least they're not just calling him light speed but faster than anything?  The preview for the next episode suggests Vegeta getting a new transformation, yet the episode summary posted before doesn't suggest anything of the sort.  And this very episode Vegeta decided "screw you" and got fed up with trying to get Ultra Instinct, going to do things his own way.

Maybe this is their way to tie in mastered Super Saiyan Blue, mixed with him skipping out on another of Goku's forms a la SSJ3?  Or maybe we will be getting an Ultra Instinct Vegeta in the vein of when he first went Super Saiyan by giving up trying to become one.
Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:41:19 am by Long John Killer
#2018  January 07, 2018, 04:14:30 am
Literally the same beats and lines as the Super Vegeta/Cell fight. It's like they really wanted us to know how badly Vegeta was about to fuck up.
But yeah, the sudden jump in visual quality was crazy.
#2019  January 07, 2018, 04:33:54 am
    • USA
I'm a little conflicted, because I feel at this point it's wrong to deny Vegeta getting Ultra Instinct.  He's worked for it more, if unwittingly because it wasn't explained to be a new transformation when working with Whis.  And it would follow suit for Vegeta getting the transformation second, then working on it being better than Goku's version.  Arguably, his version of Blue already is better, so working in him getting the mastered form of it here seems unnecessary, plus it'll probably cause even more confusion for the manga down the line.

But at the same time, this whole arc has practically been the Fanservice Arc, handing out new transformations, revelations, references and confirming DBZ theories left and right.  To the point little of it is left to be savored, because we're on to the next thing on a long list of little things.  It feels wrong to just hand over Vegeta the Ultra Instinct form as a trophy for participating in the Jiren fight, when Goku's the one who had all the build-up for it.  And even that's a little iffy, there's no real emotional connection to the form, just blank slate Jiren being a wall for Goku to eventually get over.  Plus the form isn't even fully explained yet.
Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:01:57 am by Long John Killer
#2020  January 07, 2018, 04:42:16 am
Seconded, the whole thing came out of nowhere and the tournament felt useless beside showing off different universes and salvaging a few non-canon ideas for kicks. Remember when we expected that the multiple universes reveal meant we would get exploration and not meaningless power levels ? Nope, we get the exact opposite. Blue was an unnecessary power-up from God in the first place, and UI is an unnecessary level-up from Blue, it could all have been merged into a single true God form and it would have been fine - still with some form of "use SSJ while in God" for a bit of variety, but not presented as a new form of its own, maybe call it God Blue if you really need a new color, but make it more obvious it's really the same thing (the SSGSS name was actually better for that, but it was so dumb).
Spoiler: SSG rant (click to see content)
Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:12:56 am by Byakko