YesNoOk

Rivals of Aether (Read 60456 times)

Started by Jango, September 25, 2015, 12:04:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rivals of Aether
#21  November 19, 2015, 07:37:15 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Cool more fighting animals, Lord M's not gonna like this.
Oh... Furries.
lol

Oh hang on, it already plays like Melee, doesn't it? Never mind then.
Not necessarily. It does have the air-dodging from Melee (as well as wavedashing), but shields are replaced with a parry mechanic, there's no edge grabbing or throws, and all the characters have moves that mess with the arena themselves, which would never fly in any iteration of Smash.
#22  January 17, 2016, 12:21:09 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I am so shit about posting updates about this game. It got updated on the 7th and had a whole bunch of features that are too numerous to list so you can read them here. The gist of what you need to know is that Tech Recovery is a lot faster, Whiffed attacks have slightly more lag now, Zetterburn and Orcane got buffed, Wrastor got a mix of buffs and nerfs, everyone else got nerfed, and dev mode having more features.

oh and the holiday palettes are gone.
#23  March 12, 2016, 10:45:04 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

lui

#24  March 13, 2016, 12:46:34 am
    • USA
dear lord he looks good, im loving his animations, so fluid and full of personality~
Tower of Aether
#25  March 13, 2016, 03:04:30 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Alpharad took him for a spin

HOLY SHIT TOWER OF HEAVEN STAGE
#26  March 15, 2016, 07:18:08 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
And they've been released. Video demonstrating changes below, or you can read the patch notes here

So my thoughts:

- Boo Orcane nerf :(
- Etalus is pretty cool. He's like a mix of Donkey Kong, King Dedede, and... SFIV's Hakan, except you're setting up ice instead of oil to beef up his attacks. Up-Air <3
- Tower of Heaven stage has Eid which you can kill if he walks by the window lol
- HOLY SHIT FORSBURN FINALLY HAS A STAGE AND IT LOOKS SO COOL

EDIT: Updated the first post to have more info on the characters, and did little write-ups on all the stages.
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:04:07 am by J.A.N.G.O.
#27  March 16, 2016, 10:42:24 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
It's been discounted on Steam at the moment, just picked it up. :)
#28  April 07, 2016, 01:11:43 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
So for those of you who weren't aware of this (I wasn't until just now), Rivals of Aether already has DLC stuff. Granted it's just palettes but the avenues to get them are a little... unorthodox.

You get this Kragg palette by donating $3 to Smash Summit 2.

You get a golden Orcane palette by spending $25 on this plushie when it releases on Amazon

Hopefully they get more substantial DLC down the road (I'm spoiled on Smash giving me a full-on character/stage combo for $6), but at least the former is being used to support the competitive Smash scene, and the plushie is adorable and I'd get it anyway so that he can mingle with R.O.B. and I can take many, many photos of them for Instagram #RobotXDolphin
#29  April 23, 2016, 05:53:44 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Random News!

The Orcane plush, as of yesterday, is the best-selling stuffed toy animal on Amazon right now, beating out Zootopia, Angry Birds, and Five Nights at Freddy's. Holla

Wrastor's getting a new promotional skin. So lick my butt and suck on my balls.
#30  May 13, 2016, 12:55:58 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
For those of you who missed out on the Summit fundraiser, you can now pay $1.99 to unlock the Kragg palette. So everyone who donated $3 to Smash Summit will be sorely disappointed that it's now public and cheaper than what they paid.

Oh and since I missed talking about it last time, there's another DLC palette called "Champion Zetterburn" (black fur, white translucent mane). You don't actually have to pay anything to get it, you just have to follow Dan Fornace on twitter, go into whatever livestream he decided on dropping in on, and then he'll randomly select a few people in the room to give the palette out to. I got it in a stroke of luck, so I guess if you want it, go for it!
#31  August 06, 2016, 06:02:27 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I've been really far behind in terms of updates, so here we go!

0.15 just got released today. Aside from the usual balance tweaks, the color-editor is now live! Also you can save replays!
#32  August 18, 2016, 01:50:53 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Dan Fornace just tweeted a still from Zetterburn's Story Mode route.

Loving how much work they're gonna put into the single player mode. Also I want Nameless Fire Rhino to be a playable character now.
#33  October 15, 2016, 07:43:44 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS GAME but that's okay because I do

New DLC skin for Orcane if you donate $3 to some Melee tournament. Aside from the color scheme, he gets a different taunt, he leaves snowpiles instead of puddles (and if you taunt on top of it he rolls in the snow and his darker color changes to white! Taunt again and he shakes the snow off), and his bubbles are replaced with snowflakes. Don't worry, they're all cosmetic effects and don't change anything from a gameplay perspective

Oh speaking of Orcane the last update really made his water animations look so pretty. A bunch of other characters got animation updates but ORCANE BABY
Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 07:49:12 am by J.A.N.G.O.
#34  October 15, 2016, 10:13:41 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Tried out the game, no wonder nobody here cares about it.
Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:58:51 am by Hoffmann
RANNO
#35  August 12, 2017, 06:36:09 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

Fucking beautiful
#36  August 12, 2017, 07:23:13 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Ori got revealed a while back. I figured I'd post his (or her?) trailer here.