YesNoOk

Doctor Who Thread (Read 566023 times)

Started by Nucka, January 08, 2010, 03:54:37 am
Share this topic:
Re: Doctor Who Thread
#341  December 06, 2015, 02:42:52 am
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:16:23 am by DKDC
#342  December 06, 2015, 08:01:04 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
#343  December 06, 2015, 08:26:16 pm
Maybe we'll see that around the same time they meet whatshername, the Doctor's daughter that was grown from that one episode with Martha about an "eternal war" that lasted only a few weeks or something.

AKA never.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:33:33 pm by DKDC
#344  December 07, 2015, 03:27:48 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Spoiler: So about that finale (click to see content)
#345  December 08, 2015, 06:26:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:38:04 pm by Just No Point
#346  December 11, 2015, 05:42:47 pm
    • USA

So apparently one of "the husbands of River Song" is fucking Baymax.

:EDIT:

OH MY GOD Paul McGann is such an amazing Doctor.  The world was robbed when he didn't get his own series.
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:17:59 am by Person Man
#347  December 26, 2015, 12:21:41 am
As expected, great interaction between Capaldi Doctor and River, although their bantering time was really short. Also kind of glad that we're seeing sides of River that we didn't know as well as, somehow, sides that we didn't know of the Doctor, as in, how other people see him, through River. Kinda reaaaaally dumb of River to miss all the very obvious hints, when the Doctor straight up tells her repeatedly.
#348  December 26, 2015, 03:21:39 pm
    • USA
Well, it was meant to be a comedy episode, after all.   River not figuring it out was all part of the joke.  And on the other hand the episode did mention that she knows about the regeneration limit for Time Lords and that he had used all of his up.  So if you look at it from her point of view it would be impossible for there to be another Doctor after Eleven.

That was a great episode, though I don't know how much it qualifies as a "christmas" special.  It was great seeing River again, and she and Twelve played off each other marvelously.  It was nice to see a regular old fun episode like this that doesn't tie back into some long, complex overarching storyline for once.  Just a fun little one-off for a change.
#349  December 27, 2015, 03:54:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yep. Loved the ep! I have to admit I was very surprised too. It was one of those eps where the previews made me think I'd hate it. Dr Who has a lot of those though.

I loved the Season 5/6 story line with River so this was some really nice icing to see what lead up to the 2008 ep. Though obviously my favorite part was when the Doctor went into the TARDIS after River. I was cracking up!
#350  January 23, 2016, 12:06:23 am
    • USA
#351  January 23, 2016, 12:32:24 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
I'm in 2 minds about this.

On the one hand, Eleven was garbage. Absolute garbage.

On the other hand, he really stepped his game up with Capaldi, ESPECIALLY last season, hot damn. Amd plus his pre Series 5 stuff is great.

I dunno. I'm definitely not sad to see him go and I'm exited to see what some new blood brings to the scene but i hope Moffat still writes some episodes once in a while.
#352  March 03, 2016, 01:24:29 am
    • USA
#353  April 23, 2016, 07:55:47 pm
    • USA
The casting for the new companion was just announced.

Don't know who Pearl Mackie is, but I like where they seem to be going with Bill from what we can see.  After 2 1/2 seasons of Clara being infuriatingly clever all the time, it'll be nice to have a change of pace.
#354  August 31, 2016, 02:51:29 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I like her, from what I saw it's like a black version of Ace, the Seventh Doctor's companion, if it's that so, it would be awesome

And about Classic Who... *saying the next in the voice of the Daleks*

BBC HUMANS HAD DECIDED TO MAKE THE FIRST SECOND DOCTOR'S CHAPTER INTO ANIMATION, SO FINALLY HUMANS CAN SEE AND HAIL THE POWER OF THE DALEKS!!!!!

DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY!! DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY!! DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY!! DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY!! DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY!! DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY!! DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY!!

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#355  August 31, 2016, 03:34:20 am
    • USA
Oh, excellent.  I loved the Power of the Daleks.  Patrick Troughton was incredible as the Doctor, right out of the gate.  I'd really love to chance to see that story as something more than just the reconstructed slideshows that's all they have now.
#356  October 08, 2016, 05:46:39 pm
#357  October 08, 2016, 06:05:46 pm
    • USA
Seems to be an original superhero made up for the episode, played by Goku.

Why it's called "Return" is anybody's guess.
#358  October 08, 2016, 06:40:54 pm
If it's a plot in the story that this guy is famous (good or bad) and disappeared and he's now coming back and everybody is shouting his name, I hope they don't miss the opportunity for this bad joke.
#359  November 16, 2016, 04:51:15 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Christmas special is titled the return of doctor Mysterio.
Sorry for the pun, but... doctor who ?
Probably a shout-out of the name given by Latin America dub of DW in the 70s, my aunt and mother-in-law saw it in the few time it was transmitted here in Chile, the First and Fourth Doctors were dubbed but for few time. Actually the tapes are so out of "space and time" as most of Second Doctor's Adventures

Also, about the return of Capaldi... this is bad news sadly:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peter-capaldi-leaving-doctor-who-7245477
BBC bosses expect Peter Capaldi to leave Doctor Who after the next series – when writer Steven Moffat also steps down.

The 57-year-old’s tenure as the 12th Doctor is likely to end in 2017.

When new chief Chris Chibnall, who created Broadchurch, begins a new era in series 11, it is thought he will also get to choose his own Time Lord.

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#360  November 16, 2016, 05:04:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That stinks. Capaldi's 1st season didn't let him shine. His second was great! So he'll only get a potential good 2 season run :(