YesNoOk

Question about preemptive supers (just read the post, you'll know what I mean) (Read 3918 times)

Started by #Shaun, October 06, 2007, 04:59:53 pm
Share this topic:
Question about preemptive supers (just read the post, you'll know what I mean)
#1  October 06, 2007, 04:59:53 pm
  • corner push pusher
I want to create a super that enables a barrage of hit/kick attacks like KOF's Ryo, but I want my char to dash out first.

Meaning, when the player enables the super, the char dashes towards the opponent. If connected, the super begins. If he doesn't, then the super cancels out and he goes back to his standing state.

So how about it?
Re: Question about preemptive supers (just read the post, you'll know what I mea
#2  October 06, 2007, 05:09:29 pm
This is how I would do it.

Make a statedef with the superpause and all and within that state, do the normal veladd/posadd stuff that makes your character travel across the screen, and then in the animations, make sure there are CLSN1 (preferably around the whole body, and make sure it is covered by the CLSN2) that can hit the opponent. Make a hitdef in the same statedef that puts your opponent in a dizzy state, or a custom state, or whatever state in which your opponent can't do anything. Then write a changestate with the movehit trigger. Make it change to the next statedef, in which your character will do whatever the hell he/she wants (in this case, you just code an auto-combo like attack which is something I haven't tried but I guess it isn't hard, and make sure you have ctrl=0 at the beginning of the statedef unless you're coding a Deadly Rave) until you want the super to end. That's assuming you know how to code attacks and such and I guess you do.

I don't know, I may be wrong at this, but give it a try.
Re: Question about preemptive supers (just read the post, you'll know what I mea
#3  October 06, 2007, 05:24:37 pm
  • corner push pusher
This is how I would do it.

Make a statedef with the superpause and all and within that state, do the normal veladd/posadd stuff that makes your character travel across the screen, and then in the animations, make sure there are CLSN1 (preferably around the whole body, and make sure it is covered by the CLSN2) that can hit the opponent. Make a hitdef in the same statedef that puts your opponent in a dizzy state, or a custom state, or whatever state in which your opponent can't do anything. Then write a changestate with the movehit trigger. Make it change to the next statedef, in which your character will do whatever the hell he/she wants (in this case, you just code an auto-combo like attack which is something I haven't tried but I guess it isn't hard, and make sure you have ctrl=0 at the beginning of the statedef unless you're coding a Deadly Rave) until you want the super to end. That's assuming you know how to code attacks and such and I guess you do.

I don't know, I may be wrong at this, but give it a try.

Yeah, in my beta version of Evil Lucky he had a super with a barrage of about 25 hits. I took it out because I wanted this dash option so he wouldn't be vulnerable for proj hits and whatnot.

Anyways, thanks man. I was pretty sure I had to do something with the movehit trigger. I'll try it out later when I get home.