YesNoOk

EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Read 674951 times)

Started by Renzo F, April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
Share this topic:

ZX2

Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#81  July 28, 2017, 10:21:45 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
Hmm Idk if EX looks graphically better then SF5 when it comes down to character models.
For example this is the latest of Hokuto or should I say Shirase.

Night
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Day

Like for some reason EX's character models look like what Capcom was aiming for with SF5.
#82  July 28, 2017, 11:16:48 pm
she looks like a doll

she looks like a PVC figure

ZX2

#83  July 30, 2017, 03:03:27 am
Now I'm sure calling her a PVC Figure would be a compliment. but I have no knowledge of what PVC stands for. XD
On the rather bright-side (no pun intended) the lightning effects look really on point. At least it's the second thing I've noticed when seeing this close up screenshot (Also the one of Darun Mister).
#84  August 09, 2017, 05:45:12 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
So the dev were on daigo stream https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv
There will be 10 characters at launch and maybe 19 down the road
Beta in december
They have almost no money at all and cant do that much
PS4 only at the moment
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:51:21 am by GTOAkira
#85  August 09, 2017, 09:43:16 am
with the small roster and whatnot, I feel the game should not be full price, if they price it accordingly im sure it will do well.
#86  August 09, 2017, 10:14:25 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
So the dev were on Daigo stream https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv
There will be 10 characters at launch and maybe 19 down the road
Beta in December
They have almost no money at all and cant do that much
PS4 only at the moment

I'm fine with limited rosters if the characters are good. I guess they are doing the old fashion way to get funds without crowdfunding which sometimes can be hit or miss even if the game is good (if the game sells they may add more than 19). I will try the beta to give my input. Be sure to use this twitter https://twitter.com/miharasan for feedback after you play the beta.
#87  August 09, 2017, 07:17:09 pm

Allen's reveal teaser
but more importantly (anything is more important than Allen), he actually ha a new music.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#88  August 09, 2017, 07:52:26 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Still waiting for Blair and D. Dark.
Lasagna
#89  August 09, 2017, 10:09:53 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Love the new 80´s, over the top, "America: Fuck Yeah!" outfit for Allen. Looks funny.
#90  August 09, 2017, 10:43:06 pm
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
he actually ha a new music.
Thats actually just Garuda's theme from the original game's arranged album. So far, I think all of the footage and trailers have had older music. Sound seems to be their least priority at the moment.
do the thing
#91  August 09, 2017, 11:09:11 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
They did say they're trying to contact the original people that worked on the OST to make new music for this game tho so hype for new music
#92  August 09, 2017, 11:16:17 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Allen was the former American karate champ in the old timeline, so having him with an all American costume makes total sense.

I'm disappointed that it's just a tease, because I want to see if his old moves are back.

Additionally, if what Akira is saying is true and they have 10 fighters at launch, I have a good idea that the 10 are going to be the original ten fighters Arika made for the EX series. So far, we have six fighters in now that Allen is in. Who's left? Well, from the original 10 fighters, you have Blair, Cracker Jack, Doctrine Dark and Pullum.

As for the other 9? Everyone else in the EX roster they made!
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:21:50 pm by Seadragon77
#93  August 10, 2017, 12:14:09 am
I'm disappointed that it's just a tease, because I want to see if his old moves are back.
Judging from what we've seen so far, there's zero reason to think his moveset will be any different.
I have a good idea that the 10 are going to be the original ten fighters Arika made for the EX series. So far, we have six fighters in now that Allen is in. Who's left? Well, from the original 10 fighters, you have Blair, Cracker Jack, Doctrine Dark and Pullum.
Yeah, that's a match... That's disappointing, they're just going to copy-paste everything they did with a straight port, only with a new coat of paint. If that's what they're planning, that's just not how you get new customers, and it's not like the base pool of people who played the EX series and want to play more is that crowded.
Although for the next 9, there's Area, Nanase, Rosso, Sharon, Shadow Geist, Hayate, maybe Ace, and I think that's actually all ? So maybe 2 extra characters (3 if Ace doesn't make it)... Probably from Fighting Layer. (please just don't give use the two fucking Cycloids)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:19:40 am by Byakko
#94  August 10, 2017, 12:15:37 am
    • Brazil
Maybe someone from the base roster will be a new character.
#95  August 10, 2017, 12:49:04 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Yeah, that's a match... That's disappointing, they're just going to copy-paste everything they did with a straight port, only with a new coat of paint. If that's what they're planning, that's just not how you get new customers, and it's not like the base pool of people who played the EX series and want to play more is that crowded.
That could just be something they're forced to do given how low budgeted this game apparently is.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#96  August 10, 2017, 01:48:17 am
Yeah, as they said on the stream they don't have money and do whatever they can, but I'm just saying, it's not going to work. The best they can hope for is that people don't know it and think it's a new game that looks like Tekken and SF5, which is kind of ironic since they also have to rely on interest from nostalgia at the same time to be recognized, but nostalgia won't give them nearly enough money. They have to play on one aspect while hoping for the opposite aspect.

ZX2

#97  August 10, 2017, 01:50:04 am
We might be forgetting that Arika has way more characters outside of the original characters from the EX series. Fighting Layer (Published by Namco)

Edit:And the 4 Kings of Arika! XD
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:53:41 am by ZX2
#98  August 10, 2017, 01:53:02 am
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:57:33 am by Byakko
#99  August 10, 2017, 03:15:30 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I just hope they add the best character from fighitng layer

#100  August 10, 2017, 03:17:52 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190