YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18064500 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2161  August 15, 2019, 01:09:22 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Yeah, this one doesn't really check out.  It's been explicitly confirmed by multiple writers that the Penance Stare doesn't work on those who don't feel guilt for their sins or whose souls have divine protection, both of which technically apply to Lobo.  Plus that fourth-hand power scaling comparison to say "Johnny Blaze = Galactus" makes no sense whatsoever.
#2162  August 15, 2019, 01:27:28 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
But Ghost Rider has killed Thanos with Stare,sure not at the start but eventually
Ok, so I clearly have not read this comic, so how that hell does that make sense?  Is this, like, right before and after Thanos genocides a planet he actually really likes a lot?  Is this a What-If storyline?  There has to be a leap in time lapse between comics, else he goes from peace of mind with his actions to regretting them enough that it would be damaging enough to his soul to end him, with some event weighing greater on his conscious than being a freaking universal tyrant?

Another thought.  Doesn't being the Pope not make Lobo a holy man, thus a holy weapon unto himself?  Or at least bless his typical armament just by proxy?  I mean, sure SOUNDS like something that'd fly in a Lobo comic.
#2163  August 15, 2019, 02:37:05 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com

literally the page
Frank Castle was out of his right mind,once he gained some semblance and got to dothe star again it killed Thanos
This is a what if tho,Cosmic Ghost Rider storyline
#2164  August 15, 2019, 05:35:17 am
  • The other Indian
    • India

literally the page
Frank Castle was out of his right mind,once he gained some semblance and got to dothe star again it killed Thanos
This is a what if tho,Cosmic Ghost Rider storyline

I read somewhere that this is something different. It's not the penance stare. It's something that is specific to only the cosmic Frank castle version. The immediate next slide has him say penance (not stare) means punishment. I don't think that's Zarathos in him. Ghostrider has tried the stare on Thanos and lost.
#2165  August 15, 2019, 07:02:03 am
  • Niigasan
ending was a little iffy but it was a good fight overall
#2166  August 15, 2019, 07:30:19 pm
    • Germany
Which speaking of which, is our next match.  And both sides I haven't even thought about in, like, 20 years.  So I'm just going to guess MechaGodzilla because it's meant to be a match for Godzilla, who should ridiculously outclass any kaiju the Power Rangers dealt with.

Yea if they would use classic MechaModzilla then the Dragonzord would have a chance, but this will be a one sided battle since they use Kiryu who has far more weapon systems it can use.
#2167  August 17, 2019, 09:30:18 am
  • Was it something I said?
I don't know if anyone put this up yet, but new DBX.
#2168  August 22, 2019, 03:45:38 am
    • USA
Guardian Beast Dragon Caesar

Kiryu

Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:39:10 am by Person Man
#2169  August 29, 2019, 10:42:14 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Nobody posted this yet
#2170  September 01, 2019, 03:17:43 pm
    • UK
bout time this came out, pretty fun watch
#2171  September 01, 2019, 05:22:25 pm
eh got bored didn't finished it , dude cracking up unfunny jokes every time he speaks.
#2172  September 03, 2019, 12:11:23 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Gatos vs Doggos.

Edit: Next DBX
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:13:58 am by Knuckles8864
#2173  September 04, 2019, 07:27:47 pm
    • USA
Spoiler alert the lizard robot wins.

Next battle is Not-Vegeta vs Not-Vegeta.  I'd be rooting for Hiei because Sasuke is such an awful, terribly written and executed character, but Edgelord McRedeyes does have a lot more of the big scale flashy stuff that Death Battle looks at.
Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:00:25 pm by Person Man
#2174  September 04, 2019, 07:51:58 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I wonder if they factor Sasuke only having 1 arm in the fight,since they use fullpower,Sasuke does have access to all abilities of Eternal Mangekyou as well as Rinnegan which seems like a lot of hax if they factor the six path abilities of rinnegan pain used(nagato),my bets are on Sasuke
#2175  September 04, 2019, 11:57:50 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
The next match reeks of a curb stomp... I mean, Sasuke has gained so much shit in the years since I watched Naruto that having Hiei face him is going to be a massacre.
#2176  September 06, 2019, 08:08:35 am
    • USA
I stopped following Naruto once Orochimaru lost his arms, Naruto chased after him and Sasuke, only to find Sasuke killed Orochimaru and ran off because he was sulking and life is hard.  From what I've seen of Boruto he gets somewhat better as a family man but the vast majority of his overall presence I'm just out of the loop with.  Hiei on the other hand I saw Yu Yu Hakusho in its entirety....back when it aired on Toonami.  So I'm just some 15+ years rusty on the series.

From what I recall in scales of power, DB came to the conclusion that their most powerful hax character Naruto has, uh, Naruto himself, is moon-levels of destruction.  When he's boosted with his little Firefox extension in his belly and whatnot.  Yusuke however by the end could effortlessly blow away Earth and Hell.  But while Sasuke is Naruto's rival as Hiei was to Yusuke, Hiei became the Piccolo-equivalent; he got outclassed early on and just settled into the role of support while the star became a god.  Or Satan, whatever.  Sasuke actually kept on par or at least close enough to Naruto's level, however he managed that without a tailed beast.  I'm of the presumption then that while the YYU-verse is more destructive, Sasuke's levels being in the range of Naruto's probably puts him over the edge against Hiei.

I don't recall how Hiei's third eye or black dragon work on their specifics.  I'd imagine the all-seeing truth-revealing eye lets Hiei just ignore Sasuke's eye illusions, but Hiei's black dragon was always hyped up as the most destructive, unstoppable force in all of Hell, no demon could control it....then was stopped. Like, a bunch of times.  Typical shonen affair, but I don't know if it can just, like, eat Sasuke's defensive purple fire demon dude or not.

Oh and Dragonzord/Mechgodzilla was cool.  Very strange how the animation started literally mid-fight though, could they not find an excuse to have them fight?  Eh, whatever.
Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 08:21:48 am by Long John Killer
#2177  September 08, 2019, 10:32:23 pm
    • Mexico
Hiei is definitely the much cooler and better written character of the two, but EOS Naruto and Sasuke are no joke, and Sasuke probably has him beat in the eyes department. Gotta give this one to Sasuke but it should be a fun watch nonetheless.
#2178  September 08, 2019, 11:28:05 pm
    • USA
What even do Sasuke's eyes do now?  From what I know he inherited his clan's somehow both most basic level ocular jutsu yet also the world's most sought out weapon, which instantly just lets him copy and paste the knowledge of whatever ninja magic he's looking at into his repertoire.  Then the big deal of him following in his brother's footsteps was achieving the same evolved form of that clan's eye magic which was...making illusions that were 100% believable and interactable.  And he has to believe he killed his best friend to do so, which was a challenge because Sasuke doesn't have friends.  So Sephiroth Holo-Deck magic, cool, whatever.  Seems like a downgrade personally, something he could have achieved by looking at his brother or even other people's illusions but sure.  But now he has two different colored eyes, one's purple now, and the Sharigan has went through a whole slew of changes that I have no idea about.

I still am left to believe that Hiei's Jagan letting him just see through any illusion, read minds and mind wipe people would just let him know what Sasuke would be doing anyways, so dunno how much it would matter in the end.  Kind of a Mewtwo/Shadow deal.
#2179  September 11, 2019, 11:44:09 pm
    • USA
Ow the edge

Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:47:27 pm by Person Man
#2180  September 12, 2019, 05:39:32 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'm very interested to see how this is even supposed to be a match, there's probably something from the Yu Yu manga I'm missing
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time